Question

Risco, MO

#1 Dec 7, 2007
Does anyone know what happened to Mary Ann (Baloney) Maloney on KFVS news? Haven't seen her lately. Don't miss her, just wondering if she is gone for good, or just away for a short time.
fxpwt

United States

#2 Dec 7, 2007
Eh, a couple of months back, she shared on a newscast that she was going to back off a bit, due to wanting to spend more quality time with her boys. If I understood it right, she would just be on the 10 o'clock news and the occasional special reports.

Don't stay up late enough (usually) to watch the news, so not sure if other things have transpired in the meantime.
Ed Haskel

Englewood, CO

#3 Dec 9, 2007
Don't look a gift horse in the mouth. She bobbles that head as she reads the news enough to make me dizzy.

They don't usually even cover the basics of Who, What, Where, and Why.

Their "stories" are more like "Story Fragments".

We have one of the worst local TV news departments in the country.

What is the deal with the "Live Updates" on stories which are not even important in the first place?

A few months ago, the lead the news cast with a live story on someone driving through the back yard of a home!!! IT WAS THE LEAD STORY AND INCLUDED A LIVE UPDATE...ARE THESE PEOPLE ON DRUGS?
Agreed

Dexter, MO

#4 Dec 11, 2007
They are just a bunch of muckrakers talking heads, and self-important egotists. That is my opinion. Many of them, not all, seem to be extremely uptight. It makes me uncomfortable to watch them. I wish they would all move on over to Illinois and let someone establish a real news service for Southeast Missouri. If someone from south of Cape Girardeau won the Nobel Peace Price you would never hear it from KFVS. On the other hand, let someone get stabbed in a bar-room brawl and they are all over it. I live far enough down in the Bootheel that I can get most news of interest to me from KAIT in Jonesboro Arkansas. I only watch KFVS from time to time for about three minutes at a time. That is all the time it takes for me to get mad and turn them off.
fxpwt

United States

#5 Dec 11, 2007
Can't disagree with the quality, er, or lack thereof - all I can offer is that if you don't like it, don't watch it.

Although, in light of the recent Hollywood writers' strike, it can be a substitute for a rerun of many sit-coms. Or cheaper than subscribing to the National Enquirer.:-)~
So_Illin

Fort Collins, CO

#6 May 21, 2009
wtf do you expect it's local news.
are you kidding

Fenton, MO

#7 May 21, 2009
Question wrote:
Does anyone know what happened to Mary Ann (Baloney) Maloney on KFVS news? Haven't seen her lately. Don't miss her, just wondering if she is gone for good, or just away for a short time.
Ha ha thats so funny, what are you 12?

TO ALL OTHER UNHAPPY BLOGGERS-
If you want more "NEWS" then move out of Cape and go to St Louis where there is non stop horrible acts of violence on the news or get cable and watch CNN. Your darn lucky to live in a place that doesnt have so much bad crap on the news that means we live in a pretty decent town and if you disagree dont argue with me JUST MOVE!
I really think the whole world would be a better place if we didnt have to hear ALL the news has to say!
I LOVE KFVS

Fenton, MO

#8 May 21, 2009
Agreed wrote:
They are just a bunch of muckrakers talking heads, and self-important egotists. That is my opinion. Many of them, not all, seem to be extremely uptight. It makes me uncomfortable to watch them. I wish they would all move on over to Illinois and let someone establish a real news service for Southeast Missouri. If someone from south of Cape Girardeau won the Nobel Peace Price you would never hear it from KFVS. On the other hand, let someone get stabbed in a bar-room brawl and they are all over it. I live far enough down in the Bootheel that I can get most news of interest to me from KAIT in Jonesboro Arkansas. I only watch KFVS from time to time for about three minutes at a time. That is all the time it takes for me to get mad and turn them off.
IF THERES SOMETHING THAT YOU OR SOMEONE YOU KNOW IS NOT GETTING RECOGNITION FOR,SEND KFVS AN EMAIL SURE THEY'D LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU AND BY THE WAY HAVE YOU NEVER HEARD OF THE SEGMENT MARY ANN DID CALLED EVERYONE HAS A STORY OR THE BRIGHT SIDE?? GREAT STORIES FROM PPL ALL OVER,EVEN PPL SOUTH OF CAPE!

Jackson, MO

#10 May 21, 2009
Mike Smith wrote:
KFVS is the most biased of the three local television stations. They travel hither and you for hundreds of miles finding good stories to tell.. somehow though they never find any Black people to interview.
My family has three streets named after us here in Cape and Jackson. No other family of any color can say that and be truthful. That's just the beginning.
I've contacted them many times to tell them our wonderful history, and I've been ignored, or ridiculed each time.
Satan has mansions for all of the hatemongers who work there, and continue the tradition of excluding people.
family history does not exactly equal news.LOL If you called me with that self-important attitude you have, I'd hang up on you. A jerk is a jerk, no matter what color they are.
Allison

Montgomery, AL

#12 May 22, 2009
Why does this site always turn to race talk??
KFVS is great no matter what. Nice people there all around.

Jackson, MO

#14 May 22, 2009
Mike Smith wrote:
This segment of which I was speaking has nothing to do with "news". It is a segment where they travel around the heartland speaking to people about the interesting lives they have lived.
Many Black people here locally have done things that Whites only dream about, but those things never become known because the stations refuses to allow them to tell their stories.
It has nothing to do with the Black person being a "jerk" or anything else. It has everything to do with White people being slick and sneaky, White Supremacist retards!
Need I say whore?
I wasn't talking about any black person. I was talking about YOU. You are a self-important jerk.
Caitlinsmommy

Potsdam, NY

#15 May 22, 2009
I nolonger live in the area and I can tell you the news here is much worse!!! You don't know what you've got till it's gone!

Jackson, MO

#16 May 22, 2009
just someone crying to get attenton
Lynne

Jackson, MO

#17 Oct 17, 2012
I don't have an opinion about the news , but they sure are good at reporting on bad weather and staying with it until the threat is over as in storms.
Stubby

Saint Louis, MO

#18 Oct 17, 2012
Bring back the mike Shain. Loved his comb over

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cape Girardeau Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pony shuttle driver 7 min Guest 11
Sunny Crocker 1 hr Singlenewbie 4
Anyone know anything about Brittany Ridenour 3 hr Mike 14
Thank You President Trump 3 hr bander 18
anyone ever let wife be seduced by another guy. wa (Sep '14) 5 hr 3somefun 173
Finding Jeff Gantt. 5 hr Guest 3
THIS is how Ignorant Liberals are 5 hr guest 8

Cape Girardeau Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance