Two transportation companies divvy up...

Two transportation companies divvy up Elfrink.

There are 6 comments on the KZIM-AM Cape Girardeau story from Dec 25, 2008, titled Two transportation companies divvy up Elfrink.. In it, KZIM-AM Cape Girardeau reports that:

After Cape Girardeau-based trucking company Elfrink Transportation closed its doors Wednesday, two other businesses are buying portions of the company.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KZIM-AM Cape Girardeau.

Lance Blevins

Miami, FL

#1 Jan 30, 2009
My wife Ruthie Blevins was an employee of Elfrink Transportation in the Memphis terminal. She was informed of the closure and was informed it was a bankruptcy. She was not informed if it was Chp. 11 or 7. She was not paid for her last 3 weeks. I read here that other companies bought parts of Elfrink. I also read in an earlier article published by your company that the previous owner stated everyone would get paid. It is Jan. 30th and my wife has still not been paid for appox. 3 weeks work, nor do I believe have any other Memphis employees. You should follow up if your are interested in the real journalism of your area. I certainly will be. I'm sure the former employees in your area would be interested of the furtherance of such a venue of inquiry and just need the help of the press to know if it is Chancery Court or a lower civil court that makes a pretense of protecting their rights. Can a company say it is filing bankruptcy and their bank freeze assests and sell equity to other entities and be within the confines of the law while ignoring payroll due all at the same time? Is some correspondence not legally due from some bankruptcy court to the employees regarding bankruptcy as with all other creditors if in fact bankruptcy was filed? We have received none. I wonder what other obligations have not been met; taxes, witholding, medicare perhaps? Perhaps it is too much to expect that corporate and bank personel would sacrifice before they would not make payroll. That sort of backbone and honorable character seems a thing of the past in american business. At least they should have the salt not to mislead employees to continue working when they know payroll is already extinct. I'm sure that did not happen at Elfrink Transportation of course. If it did happen, I would imagine previous management would fall under the same laws of retroactive responsibility that creditors do when they have to send back payments to bankruptcy courts. One is still legally bound to decisions made in previous employment even if it doesn't produce the wages needed. Employees have a civil responsibility to pursue such greivances and expose the possibility of illegal actions even if they have no real hope of being restored wages due them. The information available to employees for seeking remedy in such misfortunes seems amorphous at best. I imagine that's because lawyers and banks control this domain. But, I bet if one is tenacious enough (as your news agency should be) they would find that one shining path of truth that would lead them through the maze of governmental and incorporated incompotence and perhaps even dishonesty, to the true answer. When one calls the Elfrink Transportation phone # in Missouri, does someone answer the phone? Do they identify themselves as Elfrink Transportation or some other company name? Who pays them? It is a real story of human interest in your area. You are a news agency. Do your job. You can find out if Elfrink Transportation filed bankruptcy or not, or possibly broke good faith to employees, if not honesty and witheld payroll and sold assets instead. If they did not file bankruptcy and sold the company, whoever bought it has received equity that in part is made up of unpaid wages. There is an answer somewhere, if you are good enough to find it. Can you find it? If you don't, who will? You allowed the previous owner to use your organization as a mouth piece to state no one would go unpaid, in a bold show of impotent bravado. Now that you know employees are still unpaid despite his claim you have a moral obligation to give them a voice as well. seek his comment regarding the veracity of his previous claim
Jay Skulkan Bushwhacker

Edwardsville, IL

#2 Jan 30, 2009
Lance Blevins wrote:
My wife Ruthie Blevins was an employee of Elfrink Transportation in the Memphis terminal. It is Jan. 30th and my wife has still not been paid for appox. 3 weeks work, nor do I believe have any other Memphis employees. You should follow up if your are interested in the real journalism of your area. unpaid, in a bold show of impotent bravado. Now that you know employees are still unpaid despite his claim you have a moral obligation to give them a voice as well. seek his comment regarding the veracity of his previous claim
I know the Elfrink family well. A friend of mine from out of state told me yesterday about his joining his ancestors. I still don't see anything about it in the Missourian. Anyway, I just want them to know that my thoughts are with them in their time of sorrow. If I can be of any service to them during their time of grief don.t hesitate to call on me.
Mr. Elfrink was a GREAT man!
dirk diggler

United States

#3 Feb 19, 2009
I to was a elfrink company man till they (Jay Neindorf and Bob Lewis) pulled there scam .....Jay had been plotting for months on how to put Owen Elfrink in a bad bind and screw him..........Owen is a great man and never saw it coming....what about all the trucking companies Elfrink screwed..

Proffer Produce 130,000.00
Brown Brothers 17,000.00
Kovac Trucking 7600.00

There are to many to mention call them and get there story...Ruthie it truly was a pleasure working with you..
Owes us money

United States

#4 Feb 22, 2009
they owe us money. How to get it ?(not payroll. for goods and svcs)
L hiatt

Saint Louis, MO

#5 Mar 27, 2009
my husband was a very loyal worker for the cape wharehouse and loved the job until things got very secretive. we however did not get paid for several weeks of work and were told we may never receive it. so who has the answers???? the employs wer the ones that got taken for a ride. come on owen elfrink tell the truth about it all.
Vickey Saal

United States

#6 Apr 27, 2012
My husband and I were both employees at the St. Louis,Mo.terminal and were told we would get the pay owed to us...never did..(about 2500.00 together)dont know how to go about getting it..Owen Elfrink, if you are out there..you should pay the people that worked for you and did the work!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cape Girardeau Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
fertility doctors (Apr '09) 39 min curious 17
Inappropriate attire by downtown wait staff 1 hr LOL 18
Lisa Ervin At Nordenia (Mar '12) 3 hr Dont tape me 153
Georgetown University 3 hr Over stand 2
keep me right here waitin 5 hr Guest 3
Steve Lentz 5 hr Seinfeld 3
Looking for models 6 hr Go to 4

Cape Girardeau Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance