|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2012

Judged:

Watching wrote:
I won't bluff or insinuate a legal threat but several posters may need to re-evaluate their line of statements and the four required elements for a slander, libel or defamation suit to be filed for such comments.

Beware. Several here are speaking harshly and likely inaccurately about a large facility that had a legal department. False comments that could effect the standing and reputation of the facility, or any specified employee, would likely be examined for suit viability.
Oh shut up.
Slander and libel have to sway a large populations opinion on said person. Not enough people look at topix and act on what they read for them to have a suit. These things would have to be said more intelligently and straight to the media to make any difference at all and then the hospital would have to have proof these words lost them money.
Iheard

Cape Girardeau, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2012

Judged:

I have a friend who's spouse was told their job at Southeast Hospital was being eliminated in Feburary. They have applied for a new position, out of town, and knows 4 others from SEMO H who are in the same situation and have applied for that same job. The layoffs continue.

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2012

Judged:

My experiences with SE Hospital have always been extremely positive. The employees are great. I just wish I could get hired there.
1tech

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2012

Judged:

I was hired in a FT position at SE less than a year ago with promises of moving up to another position/pay scale. Now my hours have been cut to on average 16 hrs per week. Though I still have to take my turn at weekend call. If Southeast is doing so well I wonder why my hours (and co-workers) have been cut so much. Why we can't order forks for our breakroom (and several other things I don't want to put public) obviously some people that have offices on the 2nd floor are posting on here and I would like to know why. One minute, oh were in terrible trouble and the next were buying something else. Our awesome benefits went to, well less than awesome. Yes I think morale is low but we do have amazing nurses. If you have a bad day don't take it out on someone who is pulling a 16 hour shift with no lunch just to try and save your life!
Umm

Cape Girardeau, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2012

Judged:

TheRealMayMay wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh shut up.
Slander and libel have to sway a large populations opinion on said person. Not enough people look at topix and act on what they read for them to have a suit. These things would have to be said more intelligently and straight to the media to make any difference at all and then the hospital would have to have proof these words lost them money.
It actually happens more than you think.....idiots
Shove it

Cape Girardeau, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2012

Judged:

Umm wrote:
<quoted text>
It actually happens more than you think.....idiots
Shove it a-hole. No it doesn't . Lol
Patient

Cape Girardeau, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2012

Judged:

Southeast Hospital.The difference is the way we treat you.Isn't that your slogan?Well maybe you should treat your employees right first,before you mistreat your paying customers.After all management your really not the one's doing the labor now are you?Don't say you are because I am a patient there and it is obvious how you treat your people,and whom the workers are.Let them do their jobs without playing head games and make it worth their while.

Cape Girardeau, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2012

Gee, seems the slanderous remarks have suddenly and drastically decreased.
Ignorant wench

Eureka, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2012

Guest wrote:
Gee, seems the slanderous remarks have suddenly and drastically decreased.
Not due to you, Troll. Don't you have someone's a**to kiss. Hurry along now. Lol
wow

Sedalia, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2012

Ignorant wench wrote:
<quoted text>Not due to you, Troll. Don't you have someone's a**to kiss. Hurry along now. Lol
LMAO

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2012

Ignorant wench wrote:
<quoted text>Not due to you, Troll. Don't you have someone's a**to kiss. Hurry along now. Lol
Didn't see you talking snack with names and details attached. Coward.
MFS

Cape Girardeau, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2012

Jane Doe wrote:
<quoted text> I wouldn't exactly say that. Fullest extent, not really. A little rude because of what? It's your job! We can't help whatever else is going on in your life! I would be fired for that behavior at my job. I have something else on my mind too. When I went through the ER Express awhile back, I had wax in my ear. The nurse practioner took a pick got just a tiny bit of wax out and ask me if it was better. I said "it still feels funny" she said take a decongestant. All of about 15 minutes. I got the bill $350.00. I couldn't believe it, and I had Insurance. I called asking a lady about it and she sent me over to another man. "Passing the Buck" so to speak. I asked him if the pick cost $350.00. I was told no but we have to keep the lights on here and pay the employees. I was furious. The sad part is you get away with it. I only went to the ER Express because I THOUGHT it was soooo much cheaper than the ER itself, heaven forbid if I would of gone through there. And, I went to ER Express so that I wouldn't have to miss work and see my regular Dr. through the day. Well heck, I should of taken off 1/2 day. I lost 1 1/2 weeks pay over that. I hope whoever does this rip off process to all of us out they working our rear ends off just to survive sleeps really well at night. Your priority should also be not ripping people off!!!!!!!
YOU, and all people like you, are the reason healthcare costs are so high! Are you freaking kidding me?? You went through hospital emergency services for ear wax??? I don't care if you do call it "ER Express", it's still in the Emergency Department! Have you always been an idiot or has it caught you recently? In a physician's office you can get that removed for about $50. Why do you have to take off a half day of work to see the doctor? You sound like you're making excuses. Walgreen's, Wal-Mart, Target, etc. sells a little bottle of ear wax removal. That's even cheaper than going to the physician's office for removal. But I suspect you like telling people you had to go to the ER because you had the worst plug of wax they've ever seen. I wonder if it might be what's left of your brain trying to break free!!!
Jane Doe

Cape Girardeau, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2012

MFS wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU, and all people like you, are the reason healthcare costs are so high! Are you freaking kidding me?? You went through hospital emergency services for ear wax??? I don't care if you do call it "ER Express", it's still in the Emergency Department! Have you always been an idiot or has it caught you recently? In a physician's office you can get that removed for about $50. Why do you have to take off a half day of work to see the doctor? You sound like you're making excuses. Walgreen's, Wal-Mart, Target, etc. sells a little bottle of ear wax removal. That's even cheaper than going to the physician's office for removal. But I suspect you like telling people you had to go to the ER because you had the worst plug of wax they've ever seen. I wonder if it might be what's left of your brain trying to break free!!!
First of all that shows how much you know. Yes they do treat that in the ER Express. Second of all, yes I would of had to take off half a day of work and where I work that's hard to do. And last, I've bought the wax removal kit and it doesn't work well. Apparently you haven't had this problem, so keep your opinion to yourself, and I don't have to justify what I do with you. Thank you anyway MFS.
Jane Doe

Cape Girardeau, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2012

MFS wrote:
<quoted text>
P.S.Think about it, why would I have to take off a half day work to see the Doctor? Could that be because I "work". and they are not in after 5:00. Dah........And, I will let your smart remarks just roll off my back. It just shows what kind of a person you are MFS.
MFS

Cape Girardeau, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2012

Jane Doe wrote:
<quoted text>First of all that shows how much you know. Yes they do treat that in the ER Express. Second of all, yes I would of had to take off half a day of work and where I work that's hard to do. And last, I've bought the wax removal kit and it doesn't work well. Apparently you haven't had this problem, so keep your opinion to yourself, and I don't have to justify what I do with you. Thank you anyway MFS.
I didn't say they don't treat ear wax impaction. I said I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU WENT THROUGH ER TO HAVE IT REMOVED! THAT'S WHY YOUR BILL WAS SO HIGH. And if you have insurance you have an additional deductible for going through the ER. AND THAT CONTRIBUTED TO YOUR BILL, as well. No, you don't have to justify to me anything, but when your insurance rates go up because of overuse then you can try to justify that to your employer and co-workers because it affects all of them, as well as you. And your insurance company doesn't raise your rates according to claim dollars paid but by claim amounts received. Check it out if you don't believe me.
Jane Doe

Cape Girardeau, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2012

MFS wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't say they don't treat ear wax impaction. I said I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU WENT THROUGH ER TO HAVE IT REMOVED! THAT'S WHY YOUR BILL WAS SO HIGH. And if you have insurance you have an additional deductible for going through the ER. AND THAT CONTRIBUTED TO YOUR BILL, as well. No, you don't have to justify to me anything, but when your insurance rates go up because of overuse then you can try to justify that to your employer and co-workers because it affects all of them, as well as you. And your insurance company doesn't raise your rates according to claim dollars paid but by claim amounts received. Check it out if you don't believe me.
ER Express not ER.
David

Cape Girardeau, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2012

Judged:

ER Express is still the ER. ER Express is simply a side clinic for non-emergent ailments as so many patients use the Emergency Department as a family doctor. This ER Express frees up the trauma and procedure rooms for true emergencies. It truly would be better if you'd use your family doctor for non-emergencies. There are also walk-in clinics that would be open after work hours for your convenience.
Jane Doe

Cape Girardeau, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2012

David wrote:
ER Express is still the ER. ER Express is simply a side clinic for non-emergent ailments as so many patients use the Emergency Department as a family doctor. This ER Express frees up the trauma and procedure rooms for true emergencies. It truly would be better if you'd use your family doctor for non-emergencies. There are also walk-in clinics that would be open after work hours for your convenience.
I did not know that the ER Express is still the ER.
Ignorant wench

Eureka, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2012

Guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Pot meet kettle . Where is your name???? Obviously you live in a glass house! Lol
Ignorant wench

Eureka, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2012

Guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, and what is " snack". Lmao!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

69 Users are viewing the Cape Girardeau Forum right now

Search the Cape Girardeau Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
sonjay fonn 6 min Content Customer 40
Snitches?? (Jan '12) 21 min linda 86
matt martin 31 min just me 4
Designated Driver 1 hr Wendy 2
kfc 1 hr linda 9
border control sucks 1 hr sooooo 2
Mandy Hanebrink 2 hr mmh 10
Favorite KFVS Reporter (Jun '12) 2 hr southern pride 1 123
•••