orderly

Jackson, MO

#796 Sep 7, 2012
Isn't there a hotline we can call????
RalphE

Saint Louis, MO

#797 Sep 7, 2012
Last time I went to the S.E. Emergency room, it was the biggest waste of money and time ever. I felt like they were just jacking me around. I literally passed the kidney stone while in the waiting room. All the rest was a joke.
Guest

Cape Girardeau, MO

#798 Sep 7, 2012
For those that don't know emergency rooms don't operate on a first come first served basis... It all depends on how sick you are.
MindYourOurBIzz

United States

#799 Sep 8, 2012
Checking in wrote:
<quoted text>Reporting to state will get attention believe me. If that were my loved one I'd be making a lot of noise.
Ummm FYI the state comes regularly and we always pass when they come survey us so go ahead call them again!!! Lmao
ummm

United States

#800 Sep 8, 2012
guest wrote:
The staff on the 3 rd floor give the worst care ever never again sf has my $$$$
3rd floor where spcu, ctu, or med tele?
Guest

United States

#801 Sep 8, 2012
Just walk down the halls & see which unit looks & smells like an old rundown nursing home & your there. Oh wait I forgot that would be the whole hospital. Except the OB unit. Why does that part look so nice, but the rest of the rooms are so small & look like they haven't had an update since the place was built?
guesty

Garnett, KS

#802 Sep 8, 2012
Guest wrote:
Just walk down the halls & see which unit looks & smells like an old rundown nursing home & your there. Oh wait I forgot that would be the whole hospital. Except the OB unit. Why does that part look so nice, but the rest of the rooms are so small & look like they haven't had an update since the place was built?
You obviously have not been to the new fourth and fifth floors that were built only about eight or nine years ago.
guest

Cape Girardeau, MO

#803 Sep 8, 2012
ummm wrote:
<quoted text>
3rd floor where spcu, ctu, or med tele?
Med/ Tele
guest

Mount Vernon, MO

#804 Sep 8, 2012
MindYourOurBIzz wrote:
<quoted text>
Ummm FYI the state comes regularly and we always pass when they come survey us so go ahead call them again!!! Lmao
What a typical smug uncaring attitude...as much as I would expect of most nurses around area. Most choose nursing because it appears to be a steady check w/ benefits. Not a Florence Nightingale among them. You pass because staff are told in so many words to keep their mouth shut. Just like when the brass has their executive visits. We are told to keep our mouths shut or else. The Lutheran Home isnt only one with issues.
guesty

Garnett, KS

#805 Sep 8, 2012
guest wrote:
<quoted text> What a typical smug uncaring attitude...as much as I would expect of most nurses around area. Most choose nursing because it appears to be a steady check w/ benefits. Not a Florence Nightingale among them. You pass because staff are told in so many words to keep their mouth shut. Just like when the brass has their executive visits. We are told to keep our mouths shut or else. The Lutheran Home isnt only one with issues.
I am sorry you had a bad experience. Not all nurses do it for the money. Believe me we don't make that much. I am proud to be a nurse and I truly like helping people. I don't work on med tele but I do work at SE and I work with a great bunch of nurses who truly care about the patients. So to say majority of the nurses in these area are uncaring is not an accurate assumption. So again I am truly sorry for your experience and it angers me that you recieved such poor care. You should call and make a complaint so it can be investigated.
guest

Mount Vernon, MO

#806 Sep 8, 2012
guesty wrote:
<quoted text>
I am sorry you had a bad experience. Not all nurses do it for the money. Believe me we don't make that much. I am proud to be a nurse and I truly like helping people. I don't work on med tele but I do work at SE and I work with a great bunch of nurses who truly care about the patients. So to say majority of the nurses in these area are uncaring is not an accurate assumption. So again I am truly sorry for your experience and it angers me that you recieved such poor care. You should call and make a complaint so it can be investigated.
I can tell u care but there have been many at SE not caring for a long time. 2 patients died in January and it was known to the top people and no one cares. I am in process of placing complaint w/ top level govt agency for fraud and w/ the agencies over sighting care. SE isnt above the law or above the people they claim to serve. The difference is not only how you treat patients but also how emplyees are allowed to be abused.
midwest68

Cape Girardeau, MO

#807 Oct 30, 2012
guest wrote:
<quoted text>I can tell u care but there have been many at SE not caring for a long time. 2 patients died in January and it was known to the top people and no one cares. I am in process of placing complaint w/ top level govt agency for fraud and w/ the agencies over sighting care. SE isnt above the law or above the people they claim to serve. The difference is not only how you treat patients but also how emplyees are allowed to be abused.
Have been at SE for 15+ years. We have our share of problems, no doubt. But willing to bet the other hospitals do too. I have worked on a unit that has not had so much as a fresh coat of paint in at least 5 years but we still manage to work wonders. We make do with what we have. Yes, we can improve. But, we do a lot of good now.
just my perspective

Saint Louis, MO

#808 Nov 1, 2012
Each hosp employs many people. Some will be good, others not so much. I know two people hired at each hosp this week, same job. I can report the one at St. Francis is making almost twice the money for the same job. The one who took the job at SE was so mad when she found out. St F is also a much more up to date hosp. Just had a relative in the cardiac care and loved how you could enter from outside right there and it was clearly marked. Way nicer private room. Nurses and Dr's were great. Hosputwlist took to long upin release but it was a wknd. I think SE is pretty dumpy, ive been to both quite a bit to see ailing family members this past year.

That being said, i hate thst St. F is buying up all the dr offices. However that is how it is in St. Louis. All owned by St. JOHNS. SE Mo has a terrible rep for overcharging in this area. Check it oyt and compare, you can do so through your health ins. SE hospital wore the big pants for so long now they are paying the price. Care may be ok but employee morale is terrible. If you want good care for a mire affordable rate go to St. Louis to Barnes. We are blessed to live within an hour and a half of the number six top rated hospital in the country. If i have anyrhing majorly wrong you will find me there. Until the costs of procedures and medications are controlled we will never ever have health care reform. You simply cannot continue to spend thousands more than what you put in.
Just my take on things as an educated adult.

Thank You.
just my perspective

Saint Louis, MO

#809 Nov 1, 2012
Excuse my spelling, typing on a small keypad is not what i am usto!
hold on a minute

Campbell, MO

#810 Dec 17, 2012
SE Hospital outsourced their billing for years, they claim thats how they lost so much money cause the collections was not ran corectly. The whole hospital is ran on corruptness. Yes, union talks were in effect on the low for awhile, until word was handed down that those speaking of it would be ousted. Anywhere that much money is involved, there is going to be crooks, look at our political system. Mr. Wente served justice to the employees and the facility, now, all they are worried about is covering their butts for the just in case moments that could shut the doors to that place.
Like I said before, that used to be a good job to get, but now a days, its just a normal everyday job. Employee moral is pitiful in that place, talk to the employees on a real level and you will see. You have to talk to one thats just on the payroll and not one thats paid to push the pencil for the lies and scandal that is being covered.
hold on a minute

Campbell, MO

#811 Dec 17, 2012
MindYourOurBIzz wrote:
<quoted text>
Ummm FYI the state comes regularly and we always pass when they come survey us so go ahead call them again!!! Lmao
"LMAO< you got that right, im laughing my ass off right now at that comment!!!..You all never pass, there are always descrepencies!!..The hospital pays theose extra grands to be re-evaluated!!.. That was a very wrechless statement to make...SMH...you gotta be more careful!!...LMAO...CODE SHOW ME...thats cheating...and your quality management department sets up a command station??..thats the real funny shit!!..HAHAHAHA
hold on a minute

Campbell, MO

#812 Dec 17, 2012
midwest68 wrote:
<quoted text>
Have been at SE for 15+ years. We have our share of problems, no doubt. But willing to bet the other hospitals do too. I have worked on a unit that has not had so much as a fresh coat of paint in at least 5 years but we still manage to work wonders. We make do with what we have. Yes, we can improve. But, we do a lot of good now.
All you have to do is call and make a complaint with the Joint Commission, since they are this areas only Magnet and accreditited hospital. See, what the public doesnt know is that SEMH is never chosen to be tested for this, they pay big money to be surveyed, and if they pass, they get extra funding from the government...So, while those rude ass nurses and doctors and unit techs up there are downing patients for having state aid, cracking jokes at the nurses station like no one can hear them, their pay is coming from the same kind of fund...government money!!

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#813 Dec 17, 2012
What do you think about nurses whose licenses are on probation? Would you want one treating you or working with you? If a nurse has had disciplinary action against their license then I don't want them here!!

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#814 Dec 18, 2012
What do you think about a nurse, that's a recent felon, taking care of you?
Seriously

United States

#815 Dec 18, 2012
TiredNurse wrote:
What do you think about a nurse, that's a recent felon, taking care of you?
LOCO!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cape Girardeau Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Would you support a Medical Marijuana Dispensar... 1 hr Arctic Fox 6
Car alternators, starters and other electrical ... 4 hr Liam Spencer 6
Fighting Racism in Cape Girardeau, Missouri and... (Jun '11) 4 hr Glory Williams 18
Tecumseh the prophet 4 hr Ricardo montobomb 1
President Trump is 100% CORRECT! 5 hr Hairy Ass Truman 2
solar eclipse glasses 5 hr Thunder 2
The American flag is a symbol of hate !!!!! 5 hr Smackdown2017 36

Cape Girardeau Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cape Girardeau Mortgages