Stacy

O Fallon, MO

#412 Feb 16, 2012
well wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry but I have to put my two cents in. First of all you sound like a lousy medical professional if you want to call yoursef that by the looks of this thread. Second of all I have seen a person die from a so called headache within 16 hours of presenting themselves to ED. So really what kind of medical professional are you??? As for someone with a sore throat...yes that can be fatal. You sound like a pathetic lousy lazy RN in the southeast emergency room. Maybe you should change professions.
I agree. If Guest truly works in the ER he or she needs to take a hike and find a different job. Ive had two friends die from headaches and if they would of went to the ER that might not of happened. Strep is dangerous, if left untreated can cause heart problems. Who do you people think you are? You don't pay our bills. If I had to guess I would say it sounds like an Employee who we are messing up their coffee breaks by our headaches and sore throats. Like I said if this is true-------How sad.
Waste of air

Saint Louis, MO

#413 Feb 16, 2012
Stacy wrote:
<quoted text> I agree. If Guest truly works in the ER he or she needs to take a hike and find a different job. Ive had two friends die from headaches and if they would of went to the ER that might not of happened. Strep is dangerous, if left untreated can cause heart problems. Who do you people think you are? You don't pay our bills. If I had to guess I would say it sounds like an Employee who we are messing up their coffee breaks by our headaches and sore throats. Like I said if this is true-------How sad.
Clearly you know nothing. Ever heard the phrase" you can't fix stupid" ? Well all of you mouthing and cutting down medical workers, you fit into this category. Stupid is rampant in this area. Actually , we are all paying your bills every time you come to ER for no reason. You are so stupid you don't realize that you are driving your OWN medical insurance and bills up. Whether on Medicaid or not. Amazing!!!
well

United States

#414 Feb 16, 2012
Waste of air wrote:
<quoted text>
Clearly you know nothing. Ever heard the phrase" you can't fix stupid" ? Well all of you mouthing and cutting down medical workers, you fit into this category. Stupid is rampant in this area. Actually , we are all paying your bills every time you come to ER for no reason. You are so stupid you don't realize that you are driving your OWN medical insurance and bills up. Whether on Medicaid or not. Amazing!!!
Apparently you cannot fix stupid...your mouth rather! I do NOT come to ER for EVERY LITTLE thing! Let me spell this out for you...I pay my bills on time everytime. NOT everyone is as you assume they are. That puts the ASS in ASSumption in the words coming out of your mouth! And if I was your boss I would be investigating this whole thread and firing a LOT of people!
Interesting

Saint Louis, MO

#415 Feb 16, 2012
Who are Debbie Innes and Sly Moore?
Stacy

Chicago, IL

#416 Feb 16, 2012
Waste of air wrote:
<quoted text>
Excuse me, you're an employee calling me stupid. Not professional. I'm just saying if I feel the need to go to ER regardless if truly warranted, i will. I will expect the best of service, Thats all I'm saying and I'm so sorry that youre that miserable.
One of them

Jackson, MO

#417 Feb 16, 2012
Interesting wrote:
Who are Debbie Innes and Sly Moore?
Debbie Linnes was the president and CEO at Southeast for a little more than a year and a half, from the fall of 2009 until late spring of 2011. She was the former administrator of a hospital in Joplin before she was hired by Southeast to replace the retired Jim Wente. Her background was nursing (she's an RN). I was employed at Southeast during her presidency and while she was generally a nice person, her management style was eventually found not to be a good match for the organization's culture. She was also blamed, rightly or wrongly, for some strategic decisions which led to the hospital's current financial issues.

Debbie knew Sylvia (Sly) Moore after having worked with her elsewhere. Sly came to Cape in 2009 and replaced Pat Bira as Southeast's chief operating officer. If my memory is correct, I think she came from the east coast. Sly oversees a lot of the operational aspects of the organization. She seems to have a tough, no-nonsense reputation, but is also seen as an "outsider" as are most of the organization's current administrative team including CFO Hugh King (who came to Southeast a couple of years ago from Texas), Human Resources VP Lincoln Scott who came from SEMO University and Anheuser Busch before that, Evecutive VP Jimmy Limbaugh whose background was more or less in banking, and Debbie Linnes' successor, Wayne Smith who was previously involved in telecommunications with Verizon before becoming head of the SEMO Foundation, then the Saint Francis Foundation, and then ultimately the CEO of Southeast Hospital after Debbie Linnes' resignation in June of last year.
Anonymous

United States

#418 Feb 16, 2012
I believe Lincoln Scott was also in HR at Barnes. Wayne Smith was also HR at SFMC. Previous to coming to SE, Sly Moore resigned from St Joseph Medical Center (Towson Hospital)with two other executives apparently because the facility was under federal investigation.

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/2009-05-09/n...
Whatever

Chicago, IL

#419 Feb 16, 2012
One of them wrote:
<quoted text>
Debbie Linnes was the president and CEO at Southeast for a little more than a year and a half, from the fall of 2009 until late spring of 2011. She was the former administrator of a hospital in Joplin before she was hired by Southeast to replace the retired Jim Wente. Her background was nursing (she's an RN). I was employed at Southeast during her presidency and while she was generally a nice person, her management style was eventually found not to be a good match for the organization's culture. She was also blamed, rightly or wrongly, for some strategic decisions which led to the hospital's current financial issues.
Debbie knew Sylvia (Sly) Moore after having worked with her elsewhere. Sly came to Cape in 2009 and replaced Pat Bira as Southeast's chief operating officer. If my memory is correct, I think she came from the east coast. Sly oversees a lot of the operational aspects of the organization. She seems to have a tough, no-nonsense reputation, but is also seen as an "outsider" as are most of the organization's current administrative team including CFO Hugh King (who came to Southeast a couple of years ago from Texas), Human Resources VP Lincoln Scott who came from SEMO University and Anheuser Busch before that, Evecutive VP Jimmy Limbaugh whose background was more or less in banking, and Debbie Linnes' successor, Wayne Smith who was previously involved in telecommunications with Verizon before becoming head of the SEMO Foundation, then the Saint Francis Foundation, and then ultimately the CEO of Southeast Hospital after Debbie Linnes' resignation in June of last year.
Blah blah blah. Who cares.
Whatnow

Chicago, IL

#420 Feb 16, 2012
One of them wrote:
<quoted text>
You know who you remind me of? Google----- 1984 Romper Room Magic Mirror video. And----- there's Debbie and Sly, and Wayne and Hugh and Lincoln and Pat. You are truly hilarious. Hahahahaha. And you work at the hospital---OK.
Uptown Synclear

Saint Louis, MO

#421 Feb 16, 2012
And before all the 'new' people at southeast hospital you always had and still have the board and the middle management wanna be people who are the least cooperative and least productive of all the persons named. Liz Martin, Terry Jones, Pam Stearns, Debbie Bowers...all of them acting like they own the titles, people and jobs at southeast. Very much like how the board runs their personal businesses....so maybe it is time to just really clean house, let a real corporation come in and quit playing 'corporation' and get southeast moving in a direction whereby it doesn't become the entitlement mecca hospital of Cape
Poster Child

Saint Louis, MO

#422 Feb 16, 2012
Guest wrote:
I guess I have really been naive to think SE had it together. Mr. Wente seemed to have everything running smoothly. Was I wrong? How long has SE been on a downhill spiral?
Are you that naive? Running smoothly? I guess if you mean letting all the nurse managers and nurse director czars under Karen Hendrickson run the joint..if you call that smooth. None of them could balance a check book let along a budget or write a budget. Not saying the best has been put in with the likes of Judy aslin or people like Sharon stinson still whining around...but you can't have nurses running a hospital even if it is not for profit. it still has to pay the bills and acquire new equipment. And they werent paying bills under good ole jim and they aren't paying them now under father time hubert king. ya think the board cares. I think they should. but until it has an impact on their check book or their reputations they will keep stroking their egos and those egos that let all this go on. may steve at sfmc needs a crack at ceo at se. he cant do any worse.
Timepiece

Saint Louis, MO

#423 Feb 16, 2012
ER-MeD wrote:
<quoted text>
legally they have to advertise the position for two weeks both in house and out of house.
it would be interesting to ask human resources for all the interviewing documentation that went on for the hiring of dan berry's son for the job he has now and now they are going to slide him into another position he isn't qualified for. gosh what will become of the guy married to the gal who works for mr king - he has been doing all the contract work for the berry jr. couple of 'dingle berries' sounds to me. and where is all the interviewing documenation that went on to get all those outsiders their jobs. NO candidates from around the region were qualified i guess. or were all THOSE jobs advertised 'as the law demands must be done'. BS on all accounts. I think they did hire a token black person in pam stearn department. and ole vic he aint been run out. i think that radiology lady left a while back - she was a grouch any way. and pat williamson has to be being kept for fear of 'black power' retaliation because she is a piece of work. but hey, if black, lazy, blow'n someone like limbaugh's gal, known someone's friend's dad's brother's mother's cousin's goat luv'n grandpa gets you a job these days, then folks better start learn'n the rules of the game.
Emilee

O Fallon, MO

#424 Feb 16, 2012
Oh my Gosh..Do you people really work at Southeast? I'm talking about the last few posts. The gossip is flying, I mean flying.. This one can't figure a check book, that one gets the job because of who they know, and people who act like they own titles at Southeast, middle management wanna be people and on and on and on. Ive heard of jobs and drama but, this takes the cake. Just a question, with all this drama going on, if you work there, how in the world can you focus on Patients, let alone focus at all? This topic went from ER visits to talking about Everyone vs. Everyone working at the Hospital. This talk is absolutely ridiculous and shows just how immature you really are.
Observation

Saint Louis, MO

#425 Feb 16, 2012
Seems like a lot of drama doesn't it. Actually every hospital is just like this. Don't worry, just because people gossip it doesn't mean you are not in the hands of highly-trained people.
Emilee

O Fallon, MO

#426 Feb 16, 2012
Observation wrote:
Seems like a lot of drama doesn't it. Actually every hospital is just like this. Don't worry, just because people gossip it doesn't mean you are not in the hands of highly-trained people.
Thanks, that makes me feel a little better.

Jackson, MO

#427 Feb 16, 2012
Whatnow wrote:
<quoted text> You know who you remind me of? Google----- 1984 Romper Room Magic Mirror video. And----- there's Debbie and Sly, and Wayne and Hugh and Lincoln and Pat. You are truly hilarious. Hahahahaha. And you work at the hospital---OK.
You are an ass! The question was asked and an answer was given. I believe the "asker" cares, that's who.
Terminator

Saint Louis, MO

#428 Feb 16, 2012
Emilee wrote:
Oh my Gosh..Do you people really work at Southeast? I'm talking about the last few posts. The gossip is flying, I mean flying.. This one can't figure a check book, that one gets the job because of who they know, and people who act like they own titles at Southeast, middle management wanna be people and on and on and on. Ive heard of jobs and drama but, this takes the cake. Just a question, with all this drama going on, if you work there, how in the world can you focus on Patients, let alone focus at all? This topic went from ER visits to talking about Everyone vs. Everyone working at the Hospital. This talk is absolutely ridiculous and shows just how immature you really are.
Immature? Really? Well that is what the world of employment and unfortunately health care has become. We are graduating nurses who are really more suited for the working in factories but they cant get jobs there because there are none. The idea health care workers care about your health is old school. You dont know what you dont know or don't want to believe. The conversation, if you can really quanitify it as that, between the so called patient, nurse, ER worker, EMT worker...whoever they were...it wasn't important enough to keep up...yes I was looking for the comments about the current situation about SE because what is going on in that hospital is VERY real and VERY serious. People are making life very difficult for one another there and no one really cares. If people could REALLY find similar pay and benefits they would. Like all employment, people have had to become slaves to where they can get a check and the health insurance coverage. So immature maybe...but people have every right to utilize the mostly anonymous venue of Topix to vent. Better than taking a gun to work, taking it out on their family...so immature maybe...but don't judge just because you would handle differently. That dear Topix friend is immature.
Boo

Saint Louis, MO

#429 Feb 16, 2012
"The idea that healthcare workers care about your health is old school "

Thank you for being honest.
Yep

Chicago, IL

#430 Feb 16, 2012
I recently experienced southeast hospital and was very disappointed in how disorganized the nursing staff were. I don't know how many times I heard nurses saying "well I'm not sure or the other nurse told u wrong." and why do different doctors come in to tell u the same thing over and over. They need more communication between them. I will prolly try St Francis next time
Whatnow

Dallas, TX

#431 Feb 17, 2012
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>
You are an ass! The question was asked and an answer was given. I believe the "asker" cares, that's who.
An Asker. Hahahahahaha. What's an asker? Get out a dictionary .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cape Girardeau Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
does Chelle McDowell have morals? 8 min Guest 6
Deckhand Salary (Aug '15) 11 min Shanice 37
How the grinch stole Christmas 45 min Paul walker 4
Hillary is Catching Up 1 hr Guest 21
Women on welfare should be forced to have their... 1 hr Guest 14
david weissenger (Jun '15) 3 hr Ghost 43
Where is Rick Sinclair? 12 hr Guest 11

Cape Girardeau Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance