First Prev
of 2
Next Last
wondering

Jackson, MO

#1 Jan 9, 2012
14year old daughter wants to attend cape first...any thoughts on this...

“Wit is educated insolence.”

Since: Jun 11

Not logged-in, not me.

#2 Jan 9, 2012
I think indoctrinating children into organized religion hurts their ability to think for themselves.
Mindless Drunk

Chicago, IL

#3 Jan 9, 2012
Day-Glo-Dago wrote:
I think indoctrinating children into organized religion hurts their ability to think for themselves.
I think you're an idiot

Not logged-in, not me.

#4 Jan 9, 2012
Mindless Drunk wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you're an idiot
At least I can punctuate. I guess they don't teach you that in Sunday School.

“Don't forget the Oxford Comma!”

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#5 Jan 9, 2012
I know a few teens and young adults that go to Cape First and the Church does lots of group activities for them.
They all enjoy it a lot and they made friends with all the others.

I'm don't know much about the Church itself, I'm just saying it could be a good experience for your teen.

Not logged-in, not me.

#6 Jan 9, 2012
You know what I did in youth group when I was 14? Made out with other kids in the church.
tootsie

Rives Junction, MI

#7 Jan 9, 2012
Cape First is a cult.
Cousin Ed

Scott City, MO

#8 Jan 9, 2012
Mindless Drunk wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you're an idiot
Dayglo is 100% right

“Alis Grave Nil”

Since: Jul 11

Grass Valley, CA

#9 Jan 9, 2012
Day-Glo-Dago wrote:
Agreed.

“Don't forget the Oxford Comma!”

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#10 Jan 9, 2012
Day-Glo-Dago wrote:
You know what I did in youth group when I was 14? Made out with other kids in the church.
I did that at my 4-H Camps.
Get real

Chicago, IL

#11 Jan 9, 2012
Is there a lot of hanky panky there..i heard there has been
hotstud

United States

#12 Jan 9, 2012
It all about #,s there. Money to keep going.lmao

Since: Sep 11

Alton, IL

#13 Jan 10, 2012
I attend there before, don't let your child go. The people are rich, rude people who doesn't like the help. You would have to change your image in order to be liked. That's just of the youth groups. Like day said, organized religion is horrible.
Pimp

Cape Girardeau, MO

#14 Jan 10, 2012
Day-Glo-Dago wrote:
I think radicals like you shouldn't try to force your beliefs on others.

“Alis Grave Nil”

Since: Jul 11

Grass Valley, CA

#15 Jan 10, 2012
Pimp wrote:
<quoted text>I think radicals like you shouldn't try to force your beliefs on others.
What? That doesn't even make sense. How is Day pushing anything on anyone? Please elaborate.

Since: Jun 10

United States

#16 Jan 10, 2012
Sometimes I do wish I could take a step back from what I was taught and have a completely open minded, not bias view of religion. It's hard when you were molded from birth to believe certain things, and taught you're horrible if you doubt it.

Not logged-in, not me.

#17 Jan 10, 2012
Pimp wrote:
<quoted text>
I think radicals like you shouldn't try to force your beliefs on others.
I love that someone with the screen name "Pimp" is pro-Jesus. Thank you for making my day, Reverend Icepick.
Pimp

Cape Girardeau, MO

#18 Jan 10, 2012
Day-Glo-Dago wrote:
<quoted text>
I love that someone with the screen name "Pimp" is pro-Jesus. Thank you for making my day, Reverend Icepick.
Tell me, o learned one, how that statement makes me "pro-Jesus." Show me in my statement in which I say I'm a Christian or practice any religion at all. Tell me why that statement doesn't mean I'm Buddhist, agnostic, or just some guy who's neutral and takes offense to trolls who, instead of trying to answer a simple question or help out the original poster, think I should care about how they feel about taking teens to church. Go ahead, Einstein, show me.

Not logged-in, not me.

#19 Jan 10, 2012
Pimp wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell me, o learned one, how that statement makes me "pro-Jesus." Show me in my statement in which I say I'm a Christian or practice any religion at all. Tell me why that statement doesn't mean I'm Buddhist, agnostic, or just some guy who's neutral and takes offense to trolls who, instead of trying to answer a simple question or help out the original poster, think I should care about how they feel about taking teens to church. Go ahead, Einstein, show me.
Well, you're obviously not neutral, as you referred to my simple statement as "radical," someone who simply disagreed with my trolling might point out their disagreement, but is unlikely to use that label. A true agnostic would more likely agree with me than call that statement radical, as it isn't really a radical belief. In fact, I know many Christians who choose to let their children determine their own path. A Buddhist would probably not be so quick to attack someone for suggesting children be allowed to make up their own minds. Your level of indignation suggests someone who is emotionally invested in the belief system I was speaking against, a Christian one. These contextual clues lead me to make an educated hypothesis about your affiliation, at least ethnically & culturally if not spiritually, that I still feel is correct.

“I share my opinion on things.”

Location hidden

#20 Jan 10, 2012
Day glo dago is correct.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cape Girardeau Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ebony wade 2 hr Guest2345 4
Golden Corral, AKA Ryan's 4 hr Swoosie 16
African and African American Heroes 5 hr upok 13
Legal Question 7 hr Sick and Tired 1
Steak and Shake 9 hr RBF 2
Drury Call Center (Nov '09) 10 hr Guest 76
Terry Baugher 10 hr Curious 1

Cape Girardeau Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance