MisterDisser

Jackson, MO

#1 May 16, 2012
Why can't they pronounce words correctly? The weather girl keeps introducing herself as a "meteorolo-thist". This morning, the guy kept announcing that they are giving away a "Kia So" (Soul). Ugh, I can't stand it! Say the words correctly!
May

Chicago, IL

#2 May 16, 2012
I don't know about that, but I have been wondering what happened to Ashley Quinn.
dan

Saint Louis, MO

#3 May 16, 2012
Im friends with Ashley she went to St. Louis for a change shes doing great she was one of the best on the station besides Kevin.and to answer the other question is its the print they get in studio and alot of the dj's there are fresh out of school.
wiseguy

Campbell, MO

#4 May 17, 2012
Being fresh out of school should make one better at pronunciation and more proficient at reading not the other way around.
dan

Saint Louis, MO

#5 May 17, 2012
Yeah i guess your right i worked in radio and my old boss use to say read everything and say it right before you talk but i worked in a bigger market

Jackson, MO

#6 May 17, 2012
Evolve to listening to satellite radio. (Sirius / XM) You'll never look back at listening to the nonsense aired around here.
MisterDisser

Jackson, MO

#7 May 17, 2012
Yeah, I mean, I understand that there are certain words that have to be pronounced differently on the air so it sounds better on the listener's side. But it's not supposed to be this obvious.

Can you get satellite radio for the home? Because I listen to the radio as I'm getting ready for work in the mornings.

“Alis Grave Nil”

Since: Jul 11

Chicago, IL

#8 May 17, 2012
MisterDisser wrote:
Yeah, I mean, I understand that there are certain words that have to be pronounced differently on the air so it sounds better on the listener's side. But it's not supposed to be this obvious.

Can you get satellite radio for the home? Because I listen to the radio as I'm getting ready for work in the mornings.
I know they have portable systems now :$

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cape Girardeau Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who likes Schwetty balls? 1 hr Boris 1
Jody Williams aka Boris Casio Escobar 1 hr Boris 3
Don't use Quality Tree Service 1 hr Guest 65
The difference 4 hr Hubba u cootie 21
Police chase in cape last night (Apr. 18) 5 hr Mike 9
Great african american hero...Silky Johnston 6 hr Nope 19
I need a hookup (Jul '13) 6 hr Hubba u cootie 9

Cape Girardeau Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance