Posted in the Cape Girardeau Forum
#1 Feb 22, 2013
CA, NM, IL, ME, NY, OH, MS, AL, SC, KY, HI
These 11 States now have more people on Welfare than they have employed. Last month, the Senate Budget Committee reported that in fiscal year 2011, between food... stamps, housing support, child care, Medicaid and other benefits, the average U.S. household below the poverty line received $168.00 a day in government support. What’s the problem with that much support? Well, the median household income in America is just over $50,000, which averages out to $137.13 a day. To put it another way, being on welfare now pays the equivalent of $30.00 an hour for a 40-hour week, while the average job pays $25.00 an hour.
Now I'm NOT saying that we need to automatically cut all safety-net spending but we NEED to reform the way we spend in a responsible and common sense way. It's time to remove divisive politics from this debate.
Good policy IS good politics.
Here are 5 sentences that everybody in Washington, DC needs to understand:
1) You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2) What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3) The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government doesn't first take from someone else.
4) You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5) When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them; and the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work, because they know someone else is going to get what they work for, economic collapse is imminent.
#2 Feb 22, 2013
Wow, this is the best laid argument for welfare reform I've seen on Topix. I don't completely agree with your argument because it leaves many things out but I just wanted to say thanks for a rational approach.
Add your comments below
|Would you support a Medical Marijuana Dispensar...||2 hr||BUdz||5|
|Car alternators, starters and other electrical ...||2 hr||Liam Spencer||6|
|Fighting Racism in Cape Girardeau, Missouri and... (Jun '11)||2 hr||Glory Williams||18|
|Tecumseh the prophet||3 hr||Ricardo montobomb||1|
|President Trump is 100% CORRECT!||3 hr||Hairy Ass Truman||2|
|solar eclipse glasses||4 hr||Thunder||2|
|The American flag is a symbol of hate !!!!!||4 hr||Smackdown2017||36|
Find what you want!
Search Cape Girardeau Forum Now
Copyright © 2017 Topix LLC