Castor River Park Campground???
zillasmom

Jackson, MO

#21 Oct 10, 2012
Castor River Park has been updated and is a great family park. They plan alot of activities for the guests, you can enjoy them or not. We've been several times and just really have a good time. Sites are each 35 ft. wide. A friend went to Twin Bridges and didnt have room for her pop-out! Check out their web site.
guest12

United States

#22 Oct 10, 2012
Try Barks Plantation in Glen Allen. Full hook ups, 12 acre lake to swim and fish in, also a big sand beach.

Saint Louis, MO

#23 Oct 10, 2012
It's great ! I leave my camper most year. Nothing stolen or messed with. You can probably use your boat there but it's like any place with creeks. If u have rain you can do a lot. It's worth the trip. Friday nights they usually cook for campers.

Saint Louis, MO

#24 Oct 10, 2012
You people are such trash. Trash with money but trash none the less. Stopped on the bridge one day and laughed for seeing how it was cramped in there like cockroaches. Really? You spend that kind of money on RVs and space rental to stay on top of each other? I have to hope your homes are worse? Because who leaves the comfort of a nice home and property to go slop around in a creek? Ick.

United States

#25 Oct 10, 2012
Guest wrote:
You people are such trash. Trash with money but trash none the less. Stopped on the bridge one day and laughed for seeing how it was cramped in there like cockroaches. Really? You spend that kind of money on RVs and space rental to stay on top of each other? I have to hope your homes are worse? Because who leaves the comfort of a nice home and property to go slop around in a creek? Ick.
Mcdowells is not crowed like twin bridges!

Saint Louis, MO

#26 Oct 10, 2012
I guess having our own land to pop a squat on puts us at disadvantage for appreciating camping with other people. I would think folks would want to get away from people on their down time. Takes all kinds. Ha Ha

Saint Louis, MO

#27 Oct 10, 2012
All three campgrounds are full of great people and there are good times to be had at any of them. Twin Bridges has the campers parked in close and tight. Castor River park has bigger and more spread out spots but is more exspensive. Arrowhead is a little more run down and has a lot of really old, rough looking trailers in it. But like I said, good people and good times at all of them.

Saint Louis, MO

#28 Oct 10, 2012
Castor River Park is the greatest!!! If you stopped on the bridge and saw an over crowded park it was Twin Bridges, NOT Castor River Park. We stay there year round and every weekend wish we didn't have to go home.

“Piece at heart, wise at mind”

Since: Oct 12

usa

#29 Oct 10, 2012
Caster river park is nice

Saint Louis, MO

#30 Oct 10, 2012
Twin Bridges that was the one...thx for clearing up.
Delta guy

Gulf Shores, AL

#31 Oct 11, 2012
Twin bridges is nice if you don't mind the meth lab campers blowing up all the time.
Wrong

Saint Louis, MO

#32 Oct 11, 2012
Delta guy wrote:
Twin bridges is nice if you don't mind the meth lab campers blowing up all the time.
That would be Arrowhead, not Twin Bridges. If a trailer blew up in Twin Bridges they would all go since they are packed in there so tight.

Saint Louis, MO

#33 Oct 11, 2012
True that on Twin Bridges! Boom!
mom

United States

#34 Oct 11, 2012
We camp at Twin Bridges. We continue to stay there because several of our friends came there. However, I am getting tired of the owner adding more and more campers. We are permanent campers, have been for years, but we are getting tired of the over crowded camp ground. Twin Bridges should take out about 30 campers and add a play center or basketball court. Or just take several campers out to add more space!! I'd even pay more a year, to get rid of some trashy campers and not be packed in so tight.

Saint Louis, MO

#35 Oct 12, 2012
mom wrote:
We camp at Twin Bridges. We continue to stay there because several of our friends came there. However, I am getting tired of the owner adding more and more campers. We are permanent campers, have been for years, but we are getting tired of the over crowded camp ground. Twin Bridges should take out about 30 campers and add a play center or basketball court. Or just take several campers out to add more space!! I'd even pay more a year, to get rid of some trashy campers and not be packed in so tight.
Then move down to Castor River Park!! Not nearly as crowded even when completely full. Only a few more spot are going to be allowed to year long campers. The owners are only letting 50% of the spots to be rented by the year and it is very close to that if not there already.
Smokey

United States

#36 Oct 13, 2012
Delta guy wrote:
no that would have to be arrowhead. What a dump not crowed but theres a reason why drive threw and u will see. Mostly people from chaffee are there. True ole run down trailer houses and vintage campers.

Saint Louis, MO

#37 Oct 14, 2012
Ode to Arrowhead -

When you have fourteen owners, what do you get?
A jacked up campground that is full of sh1t.
Sh1tty trailers and trashy residents,
Root Hog and Bloom heavy are the only nice events.
The rest of the year... Drug busts prevail.
To me time spent there is just a living hell.
If I owned a camper I'd rather be dead,
Than have it parked at Arrowhead.
True

Jackson, MO

#38 Oct 14, 2012
I went out to twin bridges and it was boring weird and uncomfortable. I can't believe people buy decent campers and put them there????? It's not camping , it's a trailer park with a ditch next to it. Take the money you spend on those campers and golf carts and get a decent piece of land to camp on. There aren't any trees left for shade for God's SAKE people!!!!! It was like an oven in the camper we stayed in, dusty, dirty, and NO WATER to swim in !!!! It was sad!
John moore

United States

#39 Oct 15, 2012
Guest wrote:
Ode to Arrowhead -
When you have fourteen owners, what do you get?
A jacked up campground that is full of sh1t.
Sh1tty trailers and trashy residents,
Root Hog and Bloom heavy are the only nice events.
The rest of the year... Drug busts prevail.
To me time spent there is just a living hell.
If I owned a camper I'd rather be dead,
Than have it parked at Arrowhead.
very true arrowhead is nothing but a dump. Worst camp area on that strip. This was wanna the worst years i have seen. Who acutally runs that place. Is it camp site or a salvage drop off for vintage mobile homes and wanna be carpenters. Geez cleaned or cut your losses and sell it if u can find a buyer. Try kyle mcdowell maybe he clean it up. What dump.
TickTock

Sachse, TX

#40 Mar 4, 2013
I remember back when the old Twin Bridges had a swing rope under the bridge, you could jump off the bridge, the bathroom was an outhouse about 50 yards south, and the drinking water was drawn from a hand pump by the office. We were thrilled with the place back then as kids. Oh,the good ole days!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cape Girardeau Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News America's Got Talent winner Neal Boyd in seriou... 2 hr Guest 2
St. Francis interview process 4 hr Guest 89
Is Luhr Bros company good to work for 5 hr Guest 28
Brown Bag Video (Aug '13) 7 hr Having fun 23
lying ass hoes (Apr '10) 15 hr Jerry 18
local question 15 hr Guest 5
Jeff Thiele at good will (Nov '14) 16 hr Bitchplease 13

Cape Girardeau Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance