Worried Dad

Farmington, MO

#1 Jul 15, 2010
I have been hearing a lot lately about this dudes bad judgment and I'm worried. I'm about to take my ex to court to try and get custody of my son. She has been strung out on meth for the last year and has had one guy after another in and out of the house where my son lives. I had her take a hair drug test and she tested positive for meth. She laughed in my face about the test results and said, "As long as I put on a little weight and go to church there's no way Judge Lewis will give you my son." I thought I had a pretty solid case but I keep hearing about how he lets the moms get away with whatever. I haven't always been perfect but I work and don't go near any dope. Anyone know anything about this judge?
Humm

Cape Girardeau, MO

#2 Jul 15, 2010
You shouldn't post things like this on topics. This is a slander site and you prob won't get any truths. I think he is a fair honest judge and if what you say is true about your ex you stand a good chance of getting a custody modification.

Since: Jan 09

Jackson, MO

#3 Jul 15, 2010
Why take a chance, especially when it comes to the welfare of your child? I do not know this judge, but I definitely would do my research and if you think you'd have a better chance at getting your child away from an unfit parent, I would suggest a change of judge.

Jackson, MO

#4 Jul 15, 2010
Judge Lewis is very fair. Take your drug tests with you to court. Lewis is hardcore on criminals and that is why everyone complains about him. He will give them a break and give them probation, but if they screw up, he will hammer them and send them up. Not like Syler. Syler will put people on probation and if they get caught again, he will put them on a second term of probation!!
Worried Dad

Farmington, MO

#5 Jul 16, 2010
Like I said in my earlier post, I thought I had a good case but I know about this mom who made up some B.S. story about testing positive for meth for 6 months because of the Dad giving her 'poison bread.' Supposedly all the lawyers knew the story was crap too but because she was going to church Judge Lewis said it looked like she was turning her life around. I'm just worried that my ex will get clean long enough to get through court and go in there and pretend to be saved and then go right back to the same old stuff.

Jackson, MO

#6 Jul 16, 2010
Basically it boils down to this...what does she have on you? And when you tested her for meth, did you call DFS? It does not matter how much evidence you have on her, if you did nothing with the evidence then you are just as liable for endangering the welfare of the child as she is.
When people get divorced and one trys to say the other did drugs, the judge always asks and what did you do about it? If you did not call the cops on her, you did not call dfs then you are just as guilty as she is and that is how the judge will see it.
The best dad custody attorney in Cape county is Jeff Dix. He is NOT that good with anything else that I know of, but he is darn good when it comes to dads getting custody of their kids.
angel

Jackson, MO

#7 Jul 16, 2010
Steve Wilson is also a great attorney. I sometimes think that in cape county its not the judge its who you have as an attorney. I agree with guest Jeff Dix is great in cases like this also. Good Luck!!!
LewisIsMissouriM OM

Quezon City, Philippines

#8 Oct 6, 2014
Worried Dad wrote:
I have been hearing a lot lately about this dudes bad judgment and I'm worried. I'm about to take my ex to court to try and get custody of my son. She has been strung out on meth for the last year and has had one guy after another in and out of the house where my son lives. I had her take a hair drug test and she tested positive for meth. She laughed in my face about the test results and said, "As long as I put on a little weight and go to church there's no way Judge Lewis will give you my son." I thought I had a pretty solid case but I keep hearing about how he lets the moms get away with whatever. I haven't always been perfect but I work and don't go near any dope. Anyone know anything about this judge?
He ignores evidence and will give custody to the mom regardless even with a very lopsided case and the mother repeatedly violating temporary orders - he is Missouri mom 100%

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cape Girardeau Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
pof 33 min lee 27
Is Jeff Dix a good lawyer? (May '10) 2 hr Girl 22
i was told there is post on a jennifer dodds he... 2 hr Hetastelikemybutt 17
Tara Shipley 3 hr People are pathetic 10
tanning 4 hr Captain Obvious 6
Cape Autoplex (Mar '10) 5 hr old customer 49
how can you have a topic deleted 5 hr lee 4
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cape Girardeau Mortgages