Poor people ruined Franklin school

Poor people ruined Franklin school

Posted in the Cape Girardeau Forum

The stone cold truth

Caruthersville, MO

#1 Jan 17, 2013
Franklin school district back before Washington school shutdown was a middle class 90 percent white school with engaged parents black and white. It always had good kids and great teachers and always performed well. Unfortunately, Franklin now is one of the worst schools performance wise. I believe it's because all the poor parents that feel like the world owes them something with their unsupervised kids ruined the school and the district. Well, you got a new school now, so I give it 3 years tops until it get's ruined too. Before everyone who reads this gets offended, please know I'm not talking about all of you. Some people have legit problems and circumstances that are poor, but you know the majority of them are lazy.
Real

United States

#2 Jan 17, 2013
Dis is da truth.
Weez Victumz

Lockhart, TX

#3 Jan 17, 2013
Where cans I git my Obama phones?
Ash

Saint Louis, MO

#5 Jan 18, 2013
I believe this!
Freedom_isnt _Free

Doniphan, MO

#6 Jan 18, 2013
Franklin school is a crappy school because they, like many of the nations public schools, allow outside influences and programs to be perpetrated on the students, instead of teaching them.

I knew that Franklin was on the wrong track years ago, before Washington closed. Back during Clinton, I walked into the school, and there was a huge ass banner stating... "IT TAKES A VILLAGE TO RAISE A CHILD".

The problem with Franklin are the good teachers retired and the new crop of SEMO trained social change teachers are having a negative effect upon the students and classroom instruction.

The curriculum is crammed with crap from outside agitator groups who want their agenda "taught" to the children, so they provide materials and instruction for the teacher to give the class. The schools get crap from sex education promoting homosexuality, green groups wanting their global warming agenda pushed, recycling and other nonsense crap.

No wonder kids cannot read, write, spell, nor, do simple math. They don't have the time, because their teacher has given them so much brainwashing crap to absorb instead of teaching them traditional subjects.

Hell, KFVS gave one of their teacher awards to a teacher who did crap in her class like let the kids make tacos for CINCO DE MAYO... a Mexican holiday... and it wasn't even a Spanish language class....

THAT is why FRANKLIN is crap.
Real

Dexter, MO

#7 Feb 15, 2013
Notice this?
White N Wise

Ballwin, MO

#9 Feb 15, 2013
The true "Real" always post from dexter.. He's exposed himself totally!
tracy tillman

Ballwin, MO

#10 Feb 15, 2013
This is the one. You guys are right, he is targeting the one I know and there's no doubt about it now. So he watches Solomon I take it. I would love for him to see this.
guesty

United States

#11 Feb 15, 2013
What have any of you done to improve Franklin? No sarcasm, just an honest question. It DOES take a village to raise a child because we all need to be responsible adult role models for children. This is true especially if their parents are as bad as you say (and I think you're right). We need to be involved in these kids lives and show them how to behave, and show them some love and discipline. Discipline=love because it lets the child know you care. Their parents are apathetic, or unable to be involved enough if they are a working single mom. You think it's not your problem, but it's everyone's problem. Our society will continue to go downhill if we don't take it back.
Duh

Scott City, MO

#12 Feb 15, 2013
Yes let's bash parents who are low income for the kids low performance. It's not all on the parents it's the school and the teachers as well. I know plenty of people who have kids in that school and they do well and yes they are low income. Do you even have kids in Franklin? If not then why are you even posting about it. If you don't like how things are going then take the free time you have to write on here and gripe and go and volunteer and help out the kids? Just a little advice.
The truth

United States

#13 Feb 17, 2013
Straight up... Y do u think Franklin sucks now after Washington school closed ?
Quest for the truth

United States

#14 Feb 17, 2013
I went to Franklin for 5 years then transfered to Clippard. It's way better today than back in the 70s. New building ect. Better pay for teachers is better students.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cape Girardeau Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KFVS Wibbenmeyer stuck 12 min Case 2
Local Business Pay Cuts 17 min Guest 22
Gary & Carissa Lewis of G & C Painting and Rep... 26 min MADBETTY 9
Anyone ever had or let their wife be seduced by... 35 min 3somefun 24
Candace Palermo (Nov '09) 1 hr Visitor 2 48
News Two area sheriffs face election challenges 2 hr guest 199
frazierbankhead 3 hr Guest 5
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cape Girardeau Mortgages