First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Jan 11

Jackson, MO

#1 Feb 7, 2011
I want to start working out and I want some input on which gym to join and why... Any help?
Gutcheck

United States

#2 Feb 7, 2011
Healthpoint is nicer than fitness plus. Better facility and instructors
easy

Sikeston, MO

#3 Feb 7, 2011
Craig Craig wrote:
I want to start working out and I want some input on which gym to join and why... Any help?
house of pain is the best gym but you have to have personal invite to just get in door
if you want

Columbia, MO

#5 Feb 7, 2011
a small gym go to anytime fitness. it's way cheaper and still has all of the basic things you need to work out. plus, it's open 24/7, which is my favorite thing about it. also, if you tan it's the perfect choice.

Jackson, MO

#6 Feb 7, 2011
Anytime Fitness.
Gutcheck

United States

#8 Feb 8, 2011
U can tan at anytime fitness? Are there showers there as well
XOWii

Jackson, MO

#10 Feb 8, 2011
I was in the same boat... and I don't like contracts and every gym in town you have to sign one for at least a year. There is a gym in Jackson that is only $25 a month (no contract) just pay for 3 months. But it didn't have a pool (I like to swim) so I joined the SEMO Rec Center.... has EVERYTHING you need plus some. It is $237 a semester or free to students. I believe there is a discount for Alumni as well.

Since: Jan 11

Camdenton, MO

#11 Feb 8, 2011
XOWii wrote:
I was in the same boat... and I don't like contracts and every gym in town you have to sign one for at least a year. There is a gym in Jackson that is only $25 a month (no contract) just pay for 3 months. But it didn't have a pool (I like to swim) so I joined the SEMO Rec Center.... has EVERYTHING you need plus some. It is $237 a semester or free to students. I believe there is a discount for Alumni as well.
Thank you. I think this one will be my choice. I did some checking. There's nothing it doesn't have. Total package, and it's reasonable!
just me

Maryland Heights, MO

#12 Feb 17, 2011
Osage has renovated their weightroom and it's big and nice now.... It's only $2 the days you go... No paying for a month when you can only go certain days... Just check it out it's nice
Interested

United States

#13 Feb 17, 2011
just me wrote:
Osage has renovated their weightroom and it's big and nice now.... It's only $2 the days you go... No paying for a month when you can only go certain days... Just check it out it's nice
Im interested but I go early, before work. Do they have showers/changing areas? Are they nice and clean?
gym

Cape Girardeau, MO

#14 Feb 17, 2011
If you want something different, you might try what was Southeast CrossFit in the old Nearly Perfect building at 414 E Main in Jackson. They're currently undergoing a change of owners, but things will continue basically how they were.

You work out at a scheduled time with up to maybe 10 other people all doing the same workout with weights and movements scaled appropriately. At each workout, there is at least one trainer who supervises, answers questions, and makes sure everybody is working out safely and with correct technique.

It's a good mix of training for strength, endurance, flexibility, power, speed, etc. It's very geared towards well rounded fitness rather than only building strength or only improving endurance. Another benefit of the variety is that you rarely repeat a workout. Rather than rotating the same few workouts week after week, you never know what you'll be walking in to. Really keeps it interesting and exciting.

They also have a group teaching various MMA classes out of the same building in case that's something you're interested in.
anonymous

Chicago, IL

#15 Feb 17, 2011
I like the Osage center. Pay $2 each time or pay $16 for 10 times! The equipment is nice and no contract!!
just me

Saint Louis, MO

#16 Feb 17, 2011
Osage has a brand new locker room and showers... Very nice and clean... They open at 6am and it's pretty empty then so great time for a workout!
gwen

Benton, MO

#17 Feb 17, 2011
How much is Anytime Fitness to join ? and do you have to pay extra to tan ?

United States

#18 Feb 18, 2011
gwen wrote:
How much is Anytime Fitness to join ? and do you have to pay extra to tan ?
Go and ask for yourself...it seems that everyone has to rely on someone else to do things for them. You have legs...go to Anytime Fitness and ask your questions there!
modern man

Cape Girardeau, MO

#19 Feb 18, 2011
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Go and ask for yourself...it seems that everyone has to rely on someone else to do things for them. You have legs...go to Anytime Fitness and ask your questions there!
No kidding. I bet they even have a phone number.
Dark

United States

#21 Feb 18, 2011
$5 a month for tanning unless they raised it
FaceSmashFist

Jackson, MO

#23 Feb 18, 2011
anytime is the cheapest and yes u can tan/shower there. its not a huge facility bc there isnt the big customer base the others have. nice equipment and u can go at 3 am if u want with your own key card. best gym in town if u want to actually workout instead of sit in a hot tub.
I know

United States

#24 Feb 19, 2011
FaceSmashFist wrote:
anytime is the cheapest and yes u can tan/shower there. its not a huge facility bc there isnt the big customer base the others have. nice equipment and u can go at 3 am if u want with your own key card. best gym in town if u want to actually workout instead of sit in a hot tub.
Exactly. At Healthpoint, I was paying around $50 per month but I was paying for services that I wasn't even using. I use all if the equipment at anytime fitness and I pay $37/month
lifter

Saint Louis, MO

#25 Feb 19, 2011
I don't think you can beat Osage though it's 2 dollars anytime u go... No monthly fees and it's open 6am to 10pm new equipment, I like how free weights and machines and cardio is seperate so you have your own space and it's male and female friendly... Plenty of machines for both...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cape Girardeau Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Thank You 42 min klan 14
Looking for Someone 54 min The Real Avenger 3
Collapes of the Missourian has started with Cha... 57 min Victor 17
800+ Tickets In East Cape 1 hr Craig 22
Dress code change at hospital 1 hr huh 3
What happend to the A&W in town. 1 hr Capester2 33
cape getting tgi friday 2 hr Guest 19
•••
•••

Cape Girardeau Jobs