It's the video games fault now

It's the video games fault now

Posted in the Cape Girardeau Forum

Cape Girardeau, MO

#1 Dec 19, 2012
Congress is now going to spend tax dollars forming a commitee about video games. Seriously? Let's blame everything and everyone except who is actualy to blame, the shooter. He KNEW what he was doing. Why else would he have killed himself when about to be caught. It's time to put the blame and punishment where it belongs, on the perpetrator NOT the victims and citizens. Let's face it if you can't distinguish fiction from reality, you don't need to be on the streets. End of conversation.
Real

Dexter, MO

#2 Dec 19, 2012
Agreed

Saint Louis, MO

#3 Dec 19, 2012
Well sure, it is anything and everythings fault except the shooter.

Saint Charles, MO

#4 Dec 19, 2012
I can't believe that there was every any question as to who's fault it was. If Mario and luigi hadn't jumped on those innocent turtles the violence would have never started.
splc

United States

#5 Dec 19, 2012
Guest wrote:
I can't believe that there was every any question as to who's fault it was. If Mario and luigi hadn't jumped on those innocent turtles the violence would have never started.
what? how many sticks of tnt does it take to clear out your skull? your so stupid. what does video games have to do with school shootings? no it is the parents NOT PARENTING!!

Cape Girardeau, MO

#7 Dec 19, 2012
Guest wrote:
Congress is now going to spend tax dollars forming a commitee about video games. Seriously? Let's blame everything and everyone except who is actualy to blame, the shooter. He KNEW what he was doing. Why else would he have killed himself when about to be caught. It's time to put the blame and punishment where it belongs, on the perpetrator NOT the victims and citizens. Let's face it if you can't distinguish fiction from reality, you don't need to be on the streets. End of conversation.
What's your source?
splc

United States

#8 Dec 19, 2012
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
What's your source?
have you ever sat down with teachers,police,social workers,and ever noticed that in stead of looking at the parents, or no parents, it makes a difference. stop blaming every thing else, and put blame where it belongs. THE PARENTS!!!!!

Cape Girardeau, MO

#9 Dec 19, 2012

Saint Charles, MO

#10 Dec 19, 2012
I am sorry I offended you so much splc. What I typed was sarcastic!
Unknown

Jackson, MO

#11 Dec 19, 2012
Pretty sure splc cant sense a brick about to hit him upside the head let alone a little bit of sarcasm. Congress need to stop playing mommy and daddy and stop stealing from America. Im guessing the committee thats formed to research if video games are the problem got about 5 mil in which 4.99 mil went into the politicians pocket that formed the committee. Tax dollars hard at work!

Cape Girardeau, MO

#13 Dec 19, 2012
Last I remember we voted congress in to represent us, not tell us what we can and can't do. Or possibly I just misunderstood the whole democracy process
splc

United States

#14 Dec 19, 2012
Guest wrote:
I am sorry I offended you so much splc. What I typed was sarcastic!
okay. i talked to my sons teacher, she started crying because of the parents of some children. she stays after school to help the children who are behind, to bring them up. it just kills me to hear what happens, and what teachers go threw.
Man said Ted

Dexter, MO

#15 Dec 19, 2012
Video games? That's pretty damned stupid!
Scarface

Dexter, MO

#17 Dec 19, 2012
I could care less the reason. Always why why why! The guy is dead, end of story. If we weren't so easy on criminals then this wouldn't be happening,so if ananyone want to blame someone then blame yourselves! WE ARE AT FAULT for allowing this to get as far as it has.

Cape Girardeau, MO

#18 Dec 19, 2012
It's not always the parents fault. A parent can only do so much in raising a kid. You can teach and preach all you want, but ultimately it's the child that has to take the teachings and use them. Our society and government won't allow parents the disciplinary actions that the 40s 50s 60s 70s and early 80s generations kids grew up with. That in my opinion is one of the causes of why we have to deal with the problems today. When I was a child and acted up in school I got my butt busted, then went home and got it again from my parents. You can't do that anymore because you are abusing the child and the children now days know it.

“I share my opinion on things.”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#19 Dec 19, 2012
Video Games don't mess up the minds of people. Only the Government does that job perfectly fine.

Since: Dec 12

Edwardsville, IL

#20 Dec 19, 2012
Guest wrote:
How do you define reality?
There are at least 5 other dimensions we cannot detect yet, but the math shows there are more than four(including time). I agree with you that if you cant distinguish between realities, you probably shouldn't be on the street, but there is so much more to reality that we are just beginning to find out. The only place I see to draw a line is if someone has a past history of being violent they should be taken care of(sent to someplace to get help, not locked away until the end of time). Even then, sometimes people just snap and start to destroy stuff.
Video games(or Guns) are not to blame, I would say that the parents have some responsibility(very small amount), but mostly the person who committed the crimes is responsible.
splc

Eureka, KS

#21 Dec 20, 2012
Guest wrote:
It's not always the parents fault. A parent can only do so much in raising a kid. You can teach and preach all you want, but ultimately it's the child that has to take the teachings and use them. Our society and government won't allow parents the disciplinary actions that the 40s 50s 60s 70s and early 80s generations kids grew up with. That in my opinion is one of the causes of why we have to deal with the problems today. When I was a child and acted up in school I got my butt busted, then went home and got it again from my parents. You can't do that anymore because you are abusing the child and the children now days know it.
your right on the money on that. i'm not saying the parents are to blame. but what to do about how kids of today are. prime example i was walking threw cape mall, and i said excuse me, and these teenagers said go around bitch. i said get the hell out of my way before i call mall security. it is what it is on the truth! oh well! not one of my better days.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cape Girardeau Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dirty Cop 3 hr successful 10
anyone ever let wife be seduced by another guy. wa (Sep '14) 4 hr 3somefun 112
Divorce & Bankruptcy Lawyer 8 hr Guest123 5
Assembly of God Churches 16 hr hmmm 39
Whiskey River 20 hr Rednecksaretrash 3
Semo fair 21 hr Yeah right 17
Hannah wiggs and her forehead 21 hr Sorry 6

Cape Girardeau Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance