Anyone know Tommy Strayer? He passed ...

Anyone know Tommy Strayer? He passed away a few years ago.

Posted in the Cape Coral Forum

a friend

Georgetown, KY

#1 Jan 12, 2009
We were friends and I was just seeking information on what exactly happened. Thanks

Madison, WI

#2 Mar 11, 2009
i was able to find an obituary in the archives of the ft. myers new press. it was an atv accident on new years day 2004. just said he was making a sharp turn and was ejected from vehicle, not wearing a helmet, then passed away a day or two later. so sad. i just can't believe it. he was such a fun loving care free guy. he is definately missed.
Don Clifford

Santa Monica, CA

#3 Feb 6, 2013
He was my best friend, it was New Years Day 2004 when he was pulling in to a driveway on an ATV and was thrown off. He broke his back in 5 places and severed his spinal cord. I wasn't there, I was living in California. He was a big Hurricanes fan and they were playing FSU which is my team. An FSU RB had just made a running play on Sean Taylor and my phone rang. I thought it was him, but it was my other friend Tom Strayer telling me that Tommy was dead. I passed out. Girlfriend picked up the phone from the floor and he told her. There is so much to this story for instance his GF was pregnant at the time and she was going to tell him but never had the chance. Today, 9 years later, his son looks exactly like him and is being raised in good hands. There is not a day goes by that I dont pray for him or think of him or his Father who was so close to him that he moved out of Ft. Myers shortly after to Tennessee.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cape Coral Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Either drive safely on Cape Coral roads, or go ... 5 hr Nighttime cyclist 2
News 4 women charged in Bonita Springs prostitution ... (Apr '11) Nov 22 tap2217 25
Babe's is still hiring! Nov 22 Makes me Blu 8
Review: Motorplex Shop Nov 19 jarrett 1
Confederate soldiers burning in hell (Dec '13) Nov 18 Robert E Dee 8
John Mackey Jr Nov 18 Karma 1
News Rising Rent: Where do we grow from here? Nov 18 Not so proud Amer... 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cape Coral Mortgages