Florida's "Stand Your Ground" taken t...

Florida's "Stand Your Ground" taken to the extreme. Unarmed door-to...

There are 4 comments on the Daily Kos story from Jul 27, 2012, titled Florida's "Stand Your Ground" taken to the extreme. Unarmed door-to.... In it, Daily Kos reports that:

Looks like Florida is turning into a state called Zimmermantopia, where you can shoot anyone you feel like any time you want.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily Kos.

nice place to viset

United States

#1 Jul 28, 2012
Great law.And its crazy to be used in a clearcut murder.After vidio and witneses.The officer of the court should be vilified for abusing it!
unnamed

Orlando, FL

#2 Aug 26, 2012
I dont agree they shouldnt of arrested him and charged him with the crime and let the courts sort it out. They were quick to assume he did nothing wrong. Now a days its hard to believe what the news reports. Now atleast he will come before a judge and a jury. Thats the proper way to sort out any type of crime suspected. Now if this kid was breaking into his house and he shot and killed him that would be considered standing your ground. A friend of mine from CNN who went door to door actually said all the neighbors he spokee to said Mr.Zimmerman was a complete a-hole and was always tring to play cop of the neighborhood. With that being said then perhaps he was losing a fight and did shoot him in a split decesion while on the bottom getting his butt whooped. To me if it comes down to a fight you meet force with force. Now I love guns and have plenty of them. But just cause your on the bottom doesnt mean your losing the fight or feel endangered enough to use a weapon, the bottom to me is just another winning position. The kid didnt have a gun on him nor a knife. So in my opinion the use of a gun was unlawful, unless the kid was tring to disarm him which i doubt was the case considering this is a concealed carry state and not an open carry state. Which would of made it visible and could of perhaps stopped a fight before it started seeing a weapon on someone. This is just a case where the guy got his butt whooped by someone younger than him and wasnt going to be taken by some stranger by the arm that wasnt i.d as a law enforcement officer he was more a wanna be cop than an actual neighborhood watch. A cop is a trained observer. They are taught to observe and report and only pursue or stop a suspect if they have probable cause to do so...This kid was walking back from a store to get candy in the rain if im not mistaken, and he was chased by some nut case with a gun who had nothing else better to do than harass him..Just my .02$
Ron Jon

Sarasota, FL

#5 Sep 27, 2012
-yernogood-_ wrote:
This makes about as sense as that ignorant ant-bullying law. More like a kill at will law!
Bye Bye once again troll.
Abuse reported.
Done

Hollywood, FL

#6 Aug 29, 2013
Ron Jon wrote:
<quoted text>Bye Bye once again troll.
Abuse reported.
. "Last person standing law"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cape Coral Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Armed man robs Fort Myers Popeyes 21 hr Resident 2
News Zika virus is most commonly spread through mosq... Thu Janice 3
News High levels of bacteria found at North Shore Park Thu Realistically spe... 2
D J s. For karaoke Feb 2 Lisa 1
News Cape Coral police cleared in arrest (Mar '10) Feb 1 America in toilet 16
Shorts prohibited at Viva Le Mirage. Feb 1 Tommy 1
Men's T-shirts prohibited at Groove Street Gril... (Mar '15) Feb 1 Tommy 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cape Coral Mortgages