Cape Coral reflects on Hurricane Irma...

Cape Coral reflects on Hurricane Irma's impact one year later

There are 3 comments on the NBC2 News story from Sep 5, 2018, titled Cape Coral reflects on Hurricane Irma's impact one year later. In it, NBC2 News reports that:

"The most important take away is that in Cape Coral no one perished. During the event, candidly, there's not much you can do.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC2 News.

I survived Irma

United States

#1 Sep 8, 2018
When there's a hurricane, the only people that should evacuate are people that live either in an area prone to storm surge and people that live in mobile homes.

But not only were people even 25 miles inland living g in concrete block structure residences evacuating, they were running like mad to the mountains like they expected the storm surge to completely cover Florida and wash up in Atlanta. Every single highway I am sure was jam packed and crawling at about 3 miles an hour with massive unnecessary evacuations.
Preacher

Louisville, CO

#2 Sep 8, 2018
I survived Irma wrote:
When there's a hurricane, the only people that should evacuate are people that live either in an area prone to storm surge and people that live in mobile homes.

But not only were people even 25 miles inland living in concrete block structure residences evacuating, they were running like mad to the mountains like they expected the storm surge to completely cover Florida and wash up in Atlanta. Every single highway I am sure was jam packed and crawling at about 3 miles an hour with massive unnecessary evacuations.
"Ye shall flee when noneth pursueth you."

Americans today are far more hateful, toxic, divided, and paranoid than ever before. To those people fleeing out of state, there was no safety except in even the Canadian Rockies. To them, Irma's storm surge could have washed completely over the summit of Mount Rainier and even washed Denver, Colorado and Seattle, Washington right into the Pacific Ocean.

Americans today have become heavily transient. The reason is clear; they have become so paranoid of life that they flee even when nobody means them any harm. And not only is there a huge mad exodus of people into Canada, but there is an especially mad exodus of people away from the coasts and all areas less than 3,000 feet above sea level. That includes the Midwest. And Americans also flee because they know there are people that want to be friends, and Americans are a hateful peoples that expect everyone to stay isolated and divided.

In the 1970s and earlier, people along the Gulf Coast, including Florida, were used to hurricanes. But today's trash generation is so paranoid of them that they don't feel safe from them unless they are at least 2,000 miles from the coast and at least 10,000 feet or higher above sea level.
jtkluempers

United States

#3 Sep 8, 2018
Preacher wrote:
<quoted text>

"Ye shall flee when noneth pursueth you."

Americans today are far more hateful, toxic, divided, and paranoid than ever before. To those people fleeing out of state, there was no safety except in even the Canadian Rockies. To them, Irma's storm surge could have washed completely over the summit of Mount Rainier and even washed Denver, Colorado and Seattle, Washington right into the Pacific Ocean.

Americans today have become heavily transient. The reason is clear; they have become so paranoid of life that they flee even when nobody means them any harm. And not only is there a huge mad exodus of people into Canada, but there is an especially mad exodus of people away from the coasts and all areas less than 3,000 feet above sea level. That includes the Midwest. And Americans also flee because they know there are people that want to be friends, and Americans are a hateful peoples that expect everyone to stay isolated and divided.

In the 1970s and earlier, people along the Gulf Coast, including Florida, were used to hurricanes. But today's trash generation is so paranoid of them that they don't feel safe from them unless they are at least 2,000 miles from the coast and at least 10,000 feet or higher above sea level.
That's because they grew up in a cocoon where there was no distinction between achieving and failing.

Participation awards. Perfect attendence awards. It must be really hard to show up. No Child Left Behind. I know some kids that SHOULD get left behind

Now they want free college so everyone can have a degree, which makes it as useful as a HS diploma - and just about as valuable.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cape Coral Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Abused Dog! 21 hr Petlover 2
Why is everyone leaving CasaShanti? Wed Iknewher 8
Guys, any woman who blocks you on Facebook is a... (Oct '16) Oct 16 The cops 9
Hugging is totally out of hand at Dek Bar, O-Bar Oct 15 former customer 12
News FWC reports no red tide in Southwest Florida Fr... Oct 15 Ex customer 1
No single men allowed at Dixie Roadhouse. Oct 9 Prince John 6
News SWFL residents finding ways to cope with red ti... Oct 7 Anti Trump 20

Cape Coral Jobs

Personal Finance

Cape Coral Mortgages