Tell Mel: Don't cross Honest Ziggy's in North Fort Myers

Sep 15, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: News Press

If you have ever been a day or two late with your car payment, it's a good thing you didn't buy from Honest Ziggy's Car Deals in North Fort Myers.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of66
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Mad Mother

Lehigh Acres, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2010

My daughter bought a car from honest ziggy's about 3 weeks ago. paid her entire tax return down on a car. She had the car 2 weeks, still owed a small deposit $200.00. why he let the car go when the deposit was not paid in full I don't know. Daughter had unexpected surgery and would be off work for a few days. Daughter asked HONEST ziggy for a few more days to pay deposit he would have it by Friday. She never missed a car payment. he repossessed the car by Tuesday of same week. She had the car for about 3 weeks, paid over $1500.00 to HONEST ziggy for a car she used no more than 3 weeks, he has her money and the car and will sell it to another unfortunate person who is forced to deal with this predator. Consumers be aware.
BamBam

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2010

I agree that is complete BS. You need to contact someone to find out if its legal to reposess a car within such a short time. I don't think it is. I think you have to be at least a couple of months behind in order to do so.

You said she never missed a car payment and she's only had the car for 3 weeks.
The first week I'm assuming is when she gave him her tax return.
Then week 2 she made a payment?
Then week 3 was the week she was ill and couldn't pay?
Just trying to figure out the turn of events.

If she only owed 200 more, why didn't you pay it for her and then she could have paid you back?

Read every word of her contract to see if he states his repossesion time.
Even if his contract states it's legal, I don't think it is. Hire an attourney.

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2010

"Honest Ziggys" LOL
Just the name alone is enough to make me not want to go there.
Johnny5

Port Charlotte, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2010

Judged:

Mad Mother wrote:
My daughter bought a car from honest ziggy's about 3 weeks ago. paid her entire tax return down on a car. She had the car 2 weeks, still owed a small deposit $200.00. why he let the car go when the deposit was not paid in full I don't know. Daughter had unexpected surgery and would be off work for a few days. Daughter asked HONEST ziggy for a few more days to pay deposit he would have it by Friday. She never missed a car payment. he repossessed the car by Tuesday of same week. She had the car for about 3 weeks, paid over $1500.00 to HONEST ziggy for a car she used no more than 3 weeks, he has her money and the car and will sell it to another unfortunate person who is forced to deal with this predator. Consumers be aware.

First, when you finance a car (make car payments) you make them once a month. not every week. Second, a deposit is money put down on a vehicle as a "good faith" payment before financing. No Auto Dealer would accept payments for this. You don't make payments on a deposit. Third, a repossession order comes from a financial institution and takes way more than a couple days to execute. Fourth, IF the car was repossessed, she has an opportunity to pay all back payments and money owed on that title, and by law, is legally responsible for the money still owed until the financial institution closes the account. Fifth, IF your daughter did in fact have surgery, then her days off would be covered by the FMLA Act which would not impact her pay. Sixth, no one is "forced to deal with this predator." No one dragged you or your daughter there and forced you to enter contracts and hand over money under duress.

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2010

Great post, Johnny5.
The story doesn't really add up and she hasn't been back to explain it...
Thanks

Cape Coral, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2010

thank you for the heads up.

Since: Oct 09

Tallahassee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2010

Judged:

Well you go to a buy here pay here lot you're really not buying a car you're leasing a piece of shit till you pay six times the value of the piece of shit and then it's yours. It's rent to own people they can take it away after you miss one payment.
blockman

Port Charlotte, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2010

he tells you up front the terms of your contract you dont have to buy from him but i have had not one problem with him .he's not a bad person to deal with as long as you follow your contract .he was straight up front with me about the van i got from him . and one day when i was there i over heard him tell someone about a problem with a car before anything else was said about the car. so if you buy from him just obey the contract you put your name on.

Tallahassee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2010

Judged:

Get a job clean up your credit and finance a car like normal people.
jrt11

Burnsville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2010

Judged:

-yernogood wrote:
Get a job clean up your credit and finance a car like normal people.

Afterwards we should all run out and purchase your instructional manual entitled "How To Successfully Become A Self-Righteous Ass." Based on true events...

Tallahassee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2010

jrt11 wrote:
<quoted text>
Afterwards we should all run out and purchase your instructional manual entitled "How To Successfully Become A Self-Righteous Ass." Based on true events...
There you go then. I love a plan.
shigs

Naples, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2010

Judged:

I bought a truck from this place. The owner, Greg, assured me that he just had the transmission rebuilt and the a/c compressor was new. A month later the a/c compressor went out. I had it checked out, it was the original. A month later, the transmission went out. I called Greg to ask him what the deal was, he told me to make sure I keep making my payments on time. So I had it hauled over to Trannys Unlimited (whom I highly recommend) and they told me that the transmission was filled with some gummy substance to keep it from slipping temporarily, and that all the parts of the transmission were original. These guys are selling junk and all I can say is BUYER BEWARE.

“Everyone knows that!!!”

Since: Jul 10

Tell me...Does it hurt much?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2010

Well first of all it's a buy here pay here lot so what do you expect. Secondly they are bound by certain Florida law and most assuredly if you people that insist on buying cars from shysters would report them to your state attorney’s office you might get some results. Honest ziggy indeed. Who in their right mind would buy a car from a man names honest ziggy?
NoComplaints

Cape Coral, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2011

I have no complaints with Honest Ziggy's. Greg has been honest with us. We went, made a down payment, and drove the car off the lot. We made our payments on time, and when we paid off the car inside 90 days, he took $500 off the total purchase price. You can't beat that. Where else are you going to get a car loan with zero interest, payments you can live with, and a $500 incentive to pay it off within 90 days?
NoComplaints

Cape Coral, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2011

Judged:

Incidentally, if you don't know buying ANY used car is a crap shoot, you're a fool. There's no way a buy here pay here dealer, or any dealer, can know EVERYTHING that is wrong, or may go wrong, with a USED car. It costs money to go through a car like that, and something still may be missed, or not give any sign there may be an impending problem. If they spent the money to check, recheck, and triple check every car, your average buy here pay here customer wouldn't be able to afford to buy them.

Thank God Honest Ziggy's and other buy here pay here lots. If not for them, my wife wouldn't have a car.

“Everyone knows that!!!”

Since: Jul 10

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2011

Ziggy's a thief. Get credit, buy a car from a REAL lot.
lieing ziggys

Columbus, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2011

Lieing ziggys the first time i went he sold me bad car i was sooo excited it was my first car . The second day not evan 24hrs the car over heats n stop running this lieimg ass says "oh im sorry well i could give yu a 1990GMc van .haha wat chu think ima soccor mom. So i go in complain n end up gettin a freakin ford taurs :p so i have it almost paid off i owe 1000.56 n did not miss s payment n he tows it . I evab pay more than 50$ a week in case i miss one ... Ne way hes a lieing nothing good bout him at all . He alsi did the same to mt sister inlaw changed the contract n towed it wen she was almist payed off .. chit head

“Everyone knows that!!!”

Since: Jun 11

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2011

lieing ziggys wrote:
Lieing ziggys the first time i went he sold me bad car i was sooo excited it was my first car . The second day not evan 24hrs the car over heats n stop running this lieimg ass says "oh im sorry well i could give yu a 1990GMc van .haha wat chu think ima soccor mom. So i go in complain n end up gettin a freakin ford taurs :p so i have it almost paid off i owe 1000.56 n did not miss s payment n he tows it . I evab pay more than 50$ a week in case i miss one ... Ne way hes a lieing nothing good bout him at all . He alsi did the same to mt sister inlaw changed the contract n towed it wen she was almist payed off .. chit head
Do you have the original agreement and proof of payments? What was his reason for towing it?
Shanee

Naples, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2011

Never again will I buy from Honest Ziggys they are foul. I made a payment one day late and they repossessed my car. They even admitted it says nothing in the contract about repossessing after one late payment. Now I have to pay the full balance. I hate this place! I will be reporting them.
Shigs

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2011

Shanee wrote:
Never again will I buy from Honest Ziggys they are foul. I made a payment one day late and they repossessed my car. They even admitted it says nothing in the contract about repossessing after one late payment. Now I have to pay the full balance. I hate this place! I will be reporting them.
PLEASE report them. PLEASE post ads on Craigslist, Backpage, and any other sites you can think of. People need to know what they are doing to their local community. I have been. I'll picket over there if anyone wants to join in. you don't sh#t on your neighbors. These guys need to be run out of business for what they are doing to hard working people in this economy. HONEST ZIGGYS IS PICKING UP JUNK CARS AT THE MLK AUCTION AND RIGGING THEM TO GET BY LONG ENOUGH TO GET OFF THE LOT.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of66
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Cape Coral Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Cape Coral People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••