St. Clair County has notified Capac C...

St. Clair County has notified Capac Councilmembers

Posted in the Capac Forum

capac reformer

Ionia, MI

#1 May 13, 2012
It has been verified that the St Clair County Clerk has notified all of the Capac council members about two members in violation of Village Law. It appears once again that Klug and Lumbardo did not pay their 2011 property taxes by Feb 28th as required by state law for elected officials. The law states that if an elected official does not pay his taxes by Feb 28th of the following year that they are due, then there office SHALL be vacated. It is so bad, that klug owed on two properties and Lumbardo three properties, one is now in county forfeiture proceedings. All this info is public record on the County Treasurer web site, under equalization. Any Capac taxpayer can check who is current and who is not. If you look at the site carefully, Klug has not paid his taxes on time for some six years, thus violating Village Law and the oath of office he swore too. You know uphold the laws of the state, county and capac. This topix has come up before and some how klug slimed his way thru to stay in office. Not this time, the county is putting the pressure on council to finally say enough is enough. I hope and pray council does the right thing, enforce the rules they have to live and work by. All us taxpayers do, what makes klug and lumbardo so damm special. The village is losing tax dollars and it's leaders who decide what to do with those tax dollars can't pay like the rest of us. This village is a business, we do not need it's leader to be tax dodger who lost his business by failing to pay his bills. We need better, now!!!
Ron

Utica, MI

#2 May 13, 2012
capac reformer wrote:
It has been verified that the St Clair County Clerk has notified all of the Capac council members about two members in violation of Village Law. It appears once again that Klug and Lumbardo did not pay their 2011 property taxes by Feb 28th as required by state law for elected officials. The law states that if an elected official does not pay his taxes by Feb 28th of the following year that they are due, then there office SHALL be vacated. It is so bad, that klug owed on two properties and Lumbardo three properties, one is now in county forfeiture proceedings. All this info is public record on the County Treasurer web site, under equalization. Any Capac taxpayer can check who is current and who is not. If you look at the site carefully, Klug has not paid his taxes on time for some six years, thus violating Village Law and the oath of office he swore too. You know uphold the laws of the state, county and capac. This topix has come up before and some how klug slimed his way thru to stay in office. Not this time, the county is putting the pressure on council to finally say enough is enough. I hope and pray council does the right thing, enforce the rules they have to live and work by. All us taxpayers do, what makes klug and lumbardo so damm special. The village is losing tax dollars and it's leaders who decide what to do with those tax dollars can't pay like the rest of us. This village is a business, we do not need it's leader to be tax dodger who lost his business by failing to pay his bills. We need better, now!!!
Wonder what would happen if we all just decided not pay our taxes like our council Prez?
pin

United States

#3 May 13, 2012
Ron wrote:
<quoted text>
Wonder what would happen if we all just decided not pay our taxes like our council Prez?
I do have to say Ron, "good point".
Sandstorm

United States

#4 May 14, 2012
It looks like you have done your homework, capac reformer !!! Good job!

Do you think it will be spoke about at the next meeting or do you think they will schlep in and pay the back tax and then go about their business as normal??

Something had got to give for this village. Enough is enough already!!!!

I agree with your post!! Thank you for the enlightenment.
capac reformer

East Bernstadt, KY

#5 May 14, 2012
Sandstorm wrote:
It looks like you have done your homework, capac reformer !!! Good job!
Do you think it will be spoke about at the next meeting or do you think they will schlep in and pay the back tax and then go about their business as normal??
Something had got to give for this village. Enough is enough already!!!!
I agree with your post!! Thank you for the enlightenment.
They can pay them now, but they still have broken village law and their oath of office. Klug has paid taxes late the last six years, thus breaking the law six times, yet still in office. Enough already. Council has to vote them out!!!
reticulated

United States

#6 May 15, 2012
I really think that these council members that are guilty of breaking these laws should step down.

Breaking the law 6 times, man if I did that I would be in jail...

What gives?

Why such special treatment for Klug and Lumbardo?

I do not get it?
Walker St Resident

Dowagiac, MI

#7 May 15, 2012
No because no body has the nuts to show up to the meeting.
Cozy in Capac

Gagetown, MI

#8 May 15, 2012
Agreed! Get your behinds into these meetings!! The first Monday and the 21st of every month. 7 PM. American Legion next to the Do-It-Best!!
Frustrated Capacian

Woodland, MI

#9 May 16, 2012
Lookie Lookie, it seems that soon as a letter is sent out telling the dead beets that they are going to get kicked off council, klug and lumbardo pay up back taxes. Except lumbardo by the looks of things still owes $1,680.00. Capac Reformer is right, the taxes are due Feb. 28th for elected officials, do these idiots think if they pay them some three months late that they can keep there elected office? Don't they know they violated there oath of office? Do these morons have no shame doing what they do and act as if they are what capac needs to save itself? No I say, they broke village laws and their oaths of office, they have to go. If Council does not get rid of the dead beets, I guess I will start a recall petition for klug and lumbardo for non-adhearence to laws and oaths of office.

I bet the village lawyer will say nothing on this topix when asked too. Probably if the taxes are paid now, no foul. Well then why have rules if no elected official will follow them.
Sandstorm

United States

#10 May 16, 2012
Well it is exactly like I thought it would go, they did go in and schlep up the tax money!!!

It still does not make it right in my opinion..

To me it seems that these 2 men do not really care about any oaths of office, or that they broke their own village laws.

Frustrated Capacian, I think you have summed it up pretty well, and I totally agree with you, I believe they have no shame..

Perhaps if they quit buying the fancy vehicles,fancy clothes and going out to dinner so much they could pay their taxes on time like the rest of us do!!
seenitbefore

Washington, MI

#11 May 16, 2012
Frustrated Capacian wrote:
Lookie Lookie, it seems that soon as a letter is sent out telling the dead beets that they are going to get kicked off council, klug and lumbardo pay up back taxes. Except lumbardo by the looks of things still owes $1,680.00. Capac Reformer is right, the taxes are due Feb. 28th for elected officials, do these idiots think if they pay them some three months late that they can keep there elected office? Don't they know they violated there oath of office? Do these morons have no shame doing what they do and act as if they are what capac needs to save itself? No I say, they broke village laws and their oaths of office, they have to go. If Council does not get rid of the dead beets, I guess I will start a recall petition for klug and lumbardo for non-adhearence to laws and oaths of office.
I bet the village lawyer will say nothing on this topix when asked too. Probably if the taxes are paid now, no foul. Well then why have rules if no elected official will follow them.
All the kings horses and all the kings men can't put Capac together again!!!!
capac reformer

Sanford, MI

#12 May 16, 2012
Wonder why we have not heard from klug yet on this site. I know he reads it, but maybe the truth hurts. Getting him kicked out of office will hurt too.
seenitbefore

Washington, MI

#13 May 16, 2012
capac reformer wrote:
Wonder why we have not heard from klug yet on this site. I know he reads it, but maybe the truth hurts. Getting him kicked out of office will hurt too.
Don't count your chickens before they hatch or hide if you're in Capac......
Frustrated capacian

Mecosta, MI

#14 May 21, 2012
Has any one seen king klug? Once again a no show at council meeting. The man is a chicken shit when it comes to real issues. He is no leader, he is, to be blunt, a coward to running a village. As for the rest of them, well pretty much useless. They all go thru the motions so they can collect their pay. Ohhhh, lumbardo did show up, still owing $1,680.00 in back taxes. Not one word brought up about that or what the county clerk sent them about klug and lumbar do's inability to pay their taxes on time to comply with their oath of office. Plus, the village lawyer was pretty quiet on the subject too. This town needs the state to take it over for the rest of us to have a chance at living in a nice small village. I am not done yet on the issue, I will seek out capac reformer and collaborate with him/her to root out the stupidity running this village.
hometowngirl

Turner, MI

#15 May 22, 2012
If the council is going to uphold an ordinance about chickens then they should also uphold the law about unpaid taxes, whoever might be at fault. It really makes them look bad that they will concentrate on one thing but totally disregard another because it concerns their own. The council should be equal across the board, not playing favorites. Let's see if any of them have the guts to do something about this.
Dispel the Darkness

United States

#16 May 22, 2012
hometowngirl wrote:
If the council is going to uphold an ordinance about chickens then they should also uphold the law about unpaid taxes, whoever might be at fault. It really makes them look bad that they will concentrate on one thing but totally disregard another because it concerns their own. The council should be equal across the board, not playing favorites. Let's see if any of them have the guts to do something about this.
In total agreement with you.. This is totally not right. What kind of people are they??

Everyone can see what is going on here, my only question, why is everyone so scared of Klug and Lumbardo?? Have these 2 people made threats to others on the council to the point that no one at will stand up for what is right??
Cozy in Capac

Gagetown, MI

#17 May 22, 2012
The only thing I've learned the last few weeks is that politics and law are two different things. And I'll leave it at that.
Ron

Utica, MI

#18 May 22, 2012
Frustrated capacian wrote:
Has any one seen king klug? Once again a no show at council meeting. The man is a chicken shit when it comes to real issues. He is no leader, he is, to be blunt, a coward to running a village. As for the rest of them, well pretty much useless. They all go thru the motions so they can collect their pay. Ohhhh, lumbardo did show up, still owing $1,680.00 in back taxes. Not one word brought up about that or what the county clerk sent them about klug and lumbar do's inability to pay their taxes on time to comply with their oath of office. Plus, the village lawyer was pretty quiet on the subject too. This town needs the state to take it over for the rest of us to have a chance at living in a nice small village. I am not done yet on the issue, I will seek out capac reformer and collaborate with him/her to root out the stupidity running this village.
You know, they are breaking the law and you really can call the police. Get the number of the MCL they are in violation of and call the St. Clair County police. You should probably call the prosecutors office as well.
Elaine

Imlay City, MI

#19 May 23, 2012
Cozy in Capac wrote:
Agreed! Get your behinds into these meetings!! The first Monday and the 21st of every month. 7 PM. American Legion next to the Do-It-Best!!
They are the 1st and 3rd Monday! About 4 to 5 people attend the meetings. Last Meeting about 20. It would be nice to see more!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Capac Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
community event - huge garage sale Jul 2 community resident 2
Yale Music Forum (Dec '12) May '17 Musikologist 13
anyone have advice or feedback on internet prov... Apr '17 Mussey Man 5
Capac Police Cheif Deliberate Indifference Audi... Feb '17 Wally 1
Memorial Service for Daniel Bell at Capac Histo... (Jun '10) Feb '17 Alan Naldrett 4
What is happening in this town?! (Jul '12) Jan '17 Walter jeczen 20
Info Capac Parents Need to Know About the Scho... (May '15) Jan '17 concerned parent 16

Capac Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Capac Mortgages