Please Stop Trashing the Village Counsel

Please Stop Trashing the Village Counsel

Posted in the Capac Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

“Think before you speak!”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#1 Mar 27, 2011
As i walk away from Capac I want to say thank you to each and every member of the Capac Village Counsel for being tolerant of me and some of my less then professional tones. This town is a very nice village and I know there is not one single member on that Counsel that does not want the very best for the town as a whole. They contribute their time and effort and all they really want is a better place for all of you. Stop blaming the members of that counsel for the woes of a bad financial time, and participate in constructive ideas to improve the things you think are wrong. They really do care about what they do or they would not be there. mark, I do not envy your position. Your an intellegent man and a father like the rest of the idiots ourt here with nothing better to do then judge eachother, but you stick in there brother and do what your heart tells you is right. You know I know your daughter which we need not make publically known, and my impression of her is your a damn good father and did a damn good job of raising your children. Hold your head up high because I envy the fact that you did do a good job as a father and I see things very differently now then I did over the last few years. I am leaving Capac to go back to collage I hope and I have no more say as I will not be a resident here, but I know in my heart you and the rest of the Counsel will do everyhting you can to make capac better.

God Bless You and Yours,

Walter K. Jeczen
well people

United States

#2 Mar 27, 2011
good luck wally.you got it right!!!!!that great.
Fed Up Capacian

Belding, MI

#3 Mar 28, 2011
Walter Jeczen wrote:
As i walk away from Capac I want to say thank you to each and every member of the Capac Village Counsel for being tolerant of me and some of my less then professional tones. This town is a very nice village and I know there is not one single member on that Counsel that does not want the very best for the town as a whole. They contribute their time and effort and all they really want is a better place for all of you. Stop blaming the members of that counsel for the woes of a bad financial time, and participate in constructive ideas to improve the things you think are wrong. They really do care about what they do or they would not be there. mark, I do not envy your position. Your an intellegent man and a father like the rest of the idiots ourt here with nothing better to do then judge eachother, but you stick in there brother and do what your heart tells you is right. You know I know your daughter which we need not make publically known, and my impression of her is your a damn good father and did a damn good job of raising your children. Hold your head up high because I envy the fact that you did do a good job as a father and I see things very differently now then I did over the last few years. I am leaving Capac to go back to collage I hope and I have no more say as I will not be a resident here, but I know in my heart you and the rest of the Counsel will do everyhting you can to make capac better.
God Bless You and Yours,
Walter K. Jeczen
You are praising a body of people who will cost this village Large sums of money to fix their un-educated decisions they have made. Boy that sounds good coming from a man who, as it turns out, can't run a business in Capac because of skelatons in his closet that have come out to make him run again. This council Wally, if you have not been paying attention or took a good look at the new streets and sidewalks they put in to solve issuse, only have created more issues for us to pay for again. Here they are in a list to keep it simple,
1. Broken concrete streets, yet only three years old.
2. Heaving concrete sidewalks, yet some sections have been replaced only for the same problem to occur again.
3. Raiding the Parks budget to get back rights to a piece of property to build a new park allthewhile already having one tha they seem to have abondaned.
4. A council that can not make a decision without bringing in personal agendas.
5. Hiring a village manager without a interview process to get the best man/women for the job. All we have is a man who can not write and get grants or make a public statement without not showing his outright lack of knowledge on how a village needs to be run for its citizens.

I could go on all day here Wally, but you are leaving now for all kinds of reasons, legal or private, but I don' care about your opinion anymore, never did to be honest. So don't lecture us taxpayers on how this council is so mis-understood and we should heep all kinds of praise at them. Forget that, we see what they do all the time. King Klug and his court will realize someday what they did wrong, if they don't know already, and we will see then if they all can come up with a sound solution, or it will be a bad decision that will cost more money to fix. I am with the later, but thats my humble opinion.
interested observer

Romeo, MI

#4 Mar 28, 2011
Fed Up Capacian wrote:
<quoted text>
You are praising a body of people who will cost this village Large sums of money to fix their un-educated decisions they have made. Boy that sounds good coming from a man who, as it turns out, can't run a business in Capac because of skelatons in his closet that have come out to make him run again. This council Wally, if you have not been paying attention or took a good look at the new streets and sidewalks they put in to solve issuse, only have created more issues for us to pay for again. Here they are in a list to keep it simple,
1. Broken concrete streets, yet only three years old.
2. Heaving concrete sidewalks, yet some sections have been replaced only for the same problem to occur again.
3. Raiding the Parks budget to get back rights to a piece of property to build a new park allthewhile already having one tha they seem to have abondaned.
4. A council that can not make a decision without bringing in personal agendas.
5. Hiring a village manager without a interview process to get the best man/women for the job. All we have is a man who can not write and get grants or make a public statement without not showing his outright lack of knowledge on how a village needs to be run for its citizens.
I could go on all day here Wally, but you are leaving now for all kinds of reasons, legal or private, but I don' care about your opinion anymore, never did to be honest. So don't lecture us taxpayers on how this council is so mis-understood and we should heep all kinds of praise at them. Forget that, we see what they do all the time. King Klug and his court will realize someday what they did wrong, if they don't know already, and we will see then if they all can come up with a sound solution, or it will be a bad decision that will cost more money to fix. I am with the later, but thats my humble opinion.
Wally's opinion is like the wind... It changes on a daily basis.. Doesn't everyone remember how awful council was when Wally did not get the position he wanted...Good Luck , Wally
Ridiculous

United States

#5 Mar 28, 2011
It would sure be nice if everyone would just stop posting on these ridiculous forums... No one ever gets anywhere on here,and nothing ever changes and it is the same old same old...

It is like a silent movie, a bunch of typing with no voices.....
Fed Up Capacian

Belding, MI

#6 Mar 28, 2011
Ridiculous wrote:
It would sure be nice if everyone would just stop posting on these ridiculous forums... No one ever gets anywhere on here,and nothing ever changes and it is the same old same old...
It is like a silent movie, a bunch of typing with no voices.....
Big statement from somebody who does not pay one red cent in capac village taxes. If you do, practice what you preach lately??
Ridiculous

United States

#7 Mar 28, 2011
Fed Up Capacian wrote:
<quoted text>
Big statement from somebody who does not pay one red cent in capac village taxes. If you do, practice what you preach lately??
You don't know where I live or what I pay, so the way I see it, it's not your problem.

I simply stated my opinion just like you have been doing.. I am welcome to mine just as you are welcome to yours...
Sadie

Rochester, MI

#8 Mar 28, 2011
Anybody who continues to pay these ridiculous rates are fools. I'm not paying anymore and when they come and take my house so be it. I'll be happy to move. Meanswhile i'm gonna live rent and utilities free.
interested observer

Romeo, MI

#9 Mar 28, 2011
Ridiculous wrote:
It would sure be nice if everyone would just stop posting on these ridiculous forums... No one ever gets anywhere on here,and nothing ever changes and it is the same old same old...
It is like a silent movie, a bunch of typing with no voices.....
Are you the same person who keeps trying to shut everyone up...If so it's not working...Capac needs alot of truthful dialog!!!!!
interested observer

Romeo, MI

#10 Mar 28, 2011
Sadie wrote:
Anybody who continues to pay these ridiculous rates are fools. I'm not paying anymore and when they come and take my house so be it. I'll be happy to move. Meanswhile i'm gonna live rent and utilities free.
This statement is ridiculous!!! Leave now so a responsible homeowner can take over!!!!
Ridiculous

United States

#11 Mar 28, 2011
interested observer wrote:
<quoted text>This statement is ridiculous!!! Leave now so a responsible homeowner can take over!!!!
Yes you are correct, ridiculous!!
Ridiculous

United States

#12 Mar 28, 2011
interested observer wrote:
<quoted text>Are you the same person who keeps trying to shut everyone up...If so it's not working...Capac needs alot of truthful dialog!!!!!
No I am not the person that wants to shut everyone up, I think everyone on here for the most part has some really really good things to say, but that is as far as it gets, how come nobody ever shows up to the meetings and says all of this stuff??

Where are all of the people stepping up to run for election, willing to step out and make some changes for the betterment of this village.

I have only been here a short time, I am not a Capac lifer or anything like that... I see both sides of the story. Also I have just started to attend the monthly meetings to see what really is going on with my own eyes, and I see some things that are really not that good.. It is not all bad either,there are some good things that have taken place for the village.

I do have to say up until Michael M started exposing alot of the things that have been going on with Capac I was in the dark and a little confused, by him gathering the information that he has and the way he presented things, I have a better understanding for somethings than I did before.. I do applaud him for taking the time to do what he has done.

I know the village did not get to this point overnight, and it will also take more than overnight to change the things that need to be changed. My main point was saying everyone comes on here and types away, and how many of these people come up to the meetings and express themselves there??

Change requires action.. I plan on seeing just where I can fit into the scheme of things,at those meetings. Maybe some volunteers may be needed to organize and sort out some things,I am not talking about forever, just to get the ball started..

Anything is possible if all are willing to work together as a team, have some patience and carefully devise some different action plans to put into place..
Michael Mikolajczak

Gagetown, MI

#13 Mar 28, 2011
I was just reading about 5 years of Village of Capac Council meeting minutes.
(kind of like speed reading)
Check this out –
Discussion:“Millage rate set as high as possible, with out over
riding the Headlee Act which would take a vote of the people”.

These are the elected officials representing you and your best interest.
You can’t make this stuff up. Check it out!

www.villageofcapac.com
click on minutes
select minutes: drop down box
2008-06-16 PH2008 MILLAGE RATE
Capac citizen

Utica, MI

#14 Mar 28, 2011
Michael Mikolajczak wrote:
I was just reading about 5 years of Village of Capac Council meeting minutes.
(kind of like speed reading)
Check this out –
Discussion:“Millage rate set as high as possible, with out over
riding the Headlee Act which would take a vote of the people”.
These are the elected officials representing you and your best interest.
You can’t make this stuff up. Check it out!
www.villageofcapac.com
click on minutes
select minutes: drop down box
2008-06-16 PH2008 MILLAGE RATE
If you get more recent minutes you will find that Klug and Hargraves voted to increase our water rates but they failed to get a majority. I don't know Michael, our meeting notes are very sketchy on purpose. If you read the township minutes they write so much more. The village tries to put as little in there as possible, even though our clerk gets paid enough to give us full transcripts. I think we should demand better minutes.

“Think before you speak!”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#15 Mar 28, 2011
Fed Up Capacian wrote:
<quoted text>
You are praising a body of people who will cost this village Large sums of money to fix their un-educated decisions they have made. Boy that sounds good coming from a man who, as it turns out, can't run a business in Capac because of skelatons in his closet that have come out to make him run again. This council Wally, if you have not been paying attention or took a good look at the new streets and sidewalks they put in to solve issuse, only have created more issues for us to pay for again. Here they are in a list to keep it simple,
1. Broken concrete streets, yet only three years old.
2. Heaving concrete sidewalks, yet some sections have been replaced only for the same problem to occur again.
3. Raiding the Parks budget to get back rights to a piece of property to build a new park allthewhile already having one tha they seem to have abondaned.
4. A council that can not make a decision without bringing in personal agendas.
5. Hiring a village manager without a interview process to get the best man/women for the job. All we have is a man who can not write and get grants or make a public statement without not showing his outright lack of knowledge on how a village needs to be run for its citizens.
I could go on all day here Wally, but you are leaving now for all kinds of reasons, legal or private, but I don' care about your opinion anymore, never did to be honest. So don't lecture us taxpayers on how this council is so mis-understood and we should heep all kinds of praise at them. Forget that, we see what they do all the time. King Klug and his court will realize someday what they did wrong, if they don't know already, and we will see then if they all can come up with a sound solution, or it will be a bad decision that will cost more money to fix. I am with the later, but thats my humble opinion.
I am not leaving because of legal reasons or anything about my past. I was run over by a car and my insurance is not paying my medical bills and I can no longer trun my busienss. Suits will be filed accordingly. I am still a owner of property in this town and I pay at least $5000.00 annually to this town in revenue, and I think if you got off your ass and attended the meetings and talked to them with dignity and respect you might be heard.

Respectfully,

Walter Jeczen

“Think before you speak!”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#16 Mar 28, 2011
If as many people who sit on her posting opinions attended the meetings and voiced them in person, Mark Klug would likely drop over of a heart attack! Do you see my point, if you people want to voice yourself there is nothing wrong but do it at the meetings for dcrying out loud.

Respectfully,

Wally
Capac citizen

Utica, MI

#17 Mar 29, 2011
Who ran you down Wally?
Wally

Midland, MI

#18 Mar 29, 2011
Capac citizen wrote:
Who ran you down Wally?
On 12/13/06 I was standing on the shoulder of M-21 near brice road arguing over a dead dear and two cars collided and one struck me throwing my into the road and the other took out my left leg. I was llucky to be alive and contry to what the public thinks I have been through about 6 major surgeries and staff infection.

Wally
Michael Mikolajczak

Port Huron, MI

#19 Mar 29, 2011
Capac citizen wrote:
If you get more recent minutes you will find that Klug and Hargraves voted to increase our water rates but they failed to get a majority. I don't know Michael, our meeting notes are very sketchy on purpose. If you read the township minutes they write so much more. The village tries to put as little in there as possible, even though our clerk gets paid enough to give us full transcripts. I think we should demand better minutes.

Michael wrote:
Good point about minutes because back on Sept. 5, 2006 I see council person Edwards “in reviewing The General Law Village Act (MML 1895 PAS 3) noticed if we post the minutes in 3 visible areas within the village we would not have to publish them in the paper”
So, if they are to be published/posted the minutes should contain specific information.

Roberts Rules:
59. Secretary, or Clerk.
He should keep a record of the proceedings, stating what was done and not what was said, unless it is to be published, and never making criticisms, favorable or otherwise, on anything said or done. This record, usually called the minutes, is kept as explained in the next section.
60. The Minutes.
In some societies the minutes are signed by the president in addition to the secretary, and when published they should always be signed by both officers.
Minutes to be Published. When the minutes are to be published. In addition to the strict record of what is done, as heretofore described. They should contain a list of the speakers on each side of every question, with an abstract of all addresses, if not the addresses in full, when written copies are furnished.
Reports of committees should be printed exactly as submitted, the minutes showing what action was taken by the assembly in regard to them; or, they may be printed with all additions in italics and parts struck out enclosed in brackets in which case a note to that effect should precede the report or resolutions. In this way the reader can see exactly what the committee reported and also exactly what the assembly adopted or endorsed.
Wally

Midland, MI

#20 Mar 29, 2011
Fed Up Capacian wrote:
<quoted text>
You are praising a body of people who will cost this village Large sums of money to fix their un-educated decisions they have made. Boy that sounds good coming from a man who, as it turns out, can't run a business in Capac because of skelatons in his closet that have come out to make him run again. This council Wally, if you have not been paying attention or took a good look at the new streets and sidewalks they put in to solve issuse, only have created more issues for us to pay for again. Here they are in a list to keep it simple,
1. Broken concrete streets, yet only three years old.
2. Heaving concrete sidewalks, yet some sections have been replaced only for the same problem to occur again.
3. Raiding the Parks budget to get back rights to a piece of property to build a new park allthewhile already having one tha they seem to have abondaned.
4. A council that can not make a decision without bringing in personal agendas.
5. Hiring a village manager without a interview process to get the best man/women for the job. All we have is a man who can not write and get grants or make a public statement without not showing his outright lack of knowledge on how a village needs to be run for its citizens.
I could go on all day here Wally, but you are leaving now for all kinds of reasons, legal or private, but I don' care about your opinion anymore, never did to be honest. So don't lecture us taxpayers on how this council is so mis-understood and we should heep all kinds of praise at them. Forget that, we see what they do all the time. King Klug and his court will realize someday what they did wrong, if they don't know already, and we will see then if they all can come up with a sound solution, or it will be a bad decision that will cost more money to fix. I am with the later, but thats my humble opinion.
Look at your tax bill and come on down to 108 S. Main and ask to see me and I will show you mine, and then tell me about "us taxpayers" as though I do not pay taxs? Again, you can sit here badmouthing me or everyone on the face of the earth and until you take your seat and schedule a time to speak up in person your just an idiot without a voice. If you think they care about what you or me write here your dumb as a box of rocks, they care when they have to answer you face to face and you publish their activity on sites like U-TUBE or in the media, they care when your powerful, enough to run for their seat or rally enough bvotes to push the broom and clean the house.

Wally

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Capac Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
community event - huge garage sale Jul 2 community resident 2
Yale Music Forum (Dec '12) May '17 Musikologist 13
anyone have advice or feedback on internet prov... Apr '17 Mussey Man 5
Capac Police Cheif Deliberate Indifference Audi... Feb '17 Wally 1
Memorial Service for Daniel Bell at Capac Histo... (Jun '10) Feb '17 Alan Naldrett 4
What is happening in this town?! (Jul '12) Jan '17 Walter jeczen 20
Info Capac Parents Need to Know About the Scho... (May '15) Jan '17 concerned parent 16

Capac Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Capac Mortgages