Shooting in Capac
LES

Traverse City, MI

#1461 Jan 12, 2011
webhost wrote:
<quoted text>
The main problem with forums such as these are the assumptions and comments that are made with out knowing FACTS. Ms Day's website was removed by me as her web host, but not for the reason stated with her ability to pay her bill. Her web site is in FACT paid for WELL in advance. It was my choice, as her host, to take it down for the sake of her clients privacy, something I know Ms Day would personally would want me to do.
Excellent! A person of integrity and class. And who understands the "truth" as opposed to what he wants people to think he knows as the truth to make him seem important.
Capac Resident

Barnesville, OH

#1462 Jan 12, 2011
LES you actually have a heart!!
noodlefloater

Sanford, NC

#1463 Jan 13, 2011
The comments on the Times blog are really something. Did any of you attend the hearing? Did Jill have some family there?
LES

Petoskey, MI

#1464 Jan 13, 2011
noodlefloater wrote:
The comments on the Times blog are really something. Did any of you attend the hearing? Did Jill have some family there?
Gee. According to your own post on the Times forum, she did have family there, so why are you asking here?
curious

Watseka, IL

#1465 Jan 13, 2011
After reading the TH article, I'm curious as to how many of the husband defenders in here still think he's innocent in all of this.
Just sayin

Watseka, IL

#1466 Jan 13, 2011
noodlefloater wrote:
The only poster in here who claims to have been at the hearing is Synopsis. Yet, he says he couldn't hear anything and that the hearing was very brief...only 15 mins long. They sure whizzed through those 11 witness real fast if that's the case. Funny we haven't heard from him since...
Justice will Prevail

Barnesville, OH

#1467 Jan 13, 2011
noodlefloater wrote:
Hello "noodlefloater", I too saw your posts over on the Times Herald Forum, and you stated that she did have family there on Tuesday. So why you are asking this forum if she had family there, when you already stated that she did.Most people are checking both forums.

If you have something you would like to share with the forum please feel free to do so.

Long time ago poster Cherokee has been posting away on the Times Herald forum as well, but not on Topix anymore.

Welcome to Topix, noodlefloater.
Justice will Prevail

Barnesville, OH

#1468 Jan 13, 2011
curious wrote:
After reading the TH article, I'm curious as to how many of the husband defenders in here still think he's innocent in all of this.
Well supposedly everyone in this great country of the USA, is innocent until proven guilty. That would include anyone who is involved in this highly complicated scenario.

I know the article in the Times Herald mentioned the husbands name, makes you kinda wonder if the teachers name was ever mentioned in the courtroom,and never made it into the paper?

Too many unknowns, too many unanswered questions.
DogLover

Barnesville, OH

#1469 Jan 13, 2011
Just sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
The only poster in here who claims to have been at the hearing is Synopsis. Yet, he says he couldn't hear anything and that the hearing was very brief...only 15 mins long. They sure whizzed through those 11 witness real fast if that's the case. Funny we haven't heard from him since...
There were people at the hearing from the local area,it lasted way more than 15 minutes. More like 6 hours from what I heard. I heard the testimony was both boring and grueling. I still think that Synopsis is a person fishing for any information that they can get to close the deal, that is my opinion.
Justice will Prevail

Barnesville, OH

#1470 Jan 13, 2011
I guess teachers name was mentioned in the article after all.. My mistake. Does the mentioning of someones name in a newspaper article make someone guilty? I guess that is why we have a judicial system to sort all of it out!!!

Still too many unknowns and too many unanswered questions to make an opinion or statement.
curious

Watseka, IL

#1471 Jan 13, 2011
Justice will Prevail wrote:
<quoted text>
Well supposedly everyone in this great country of the USA, is innocent until proven guilty. That would include anyone who is involved in this highly complicated scenario.
I know the article in the Times Herald mentioned the husbands name, makes you kinda wonder if the teachers name was ever mentioned in the courtroom,and never made it into the paper?
Too many unknowns, too many unanswered questions.
Her name was in the paper too.

Quote...

"St. Clair County Sheriff Department Deputy Scott Baldwin testified Podschwit told him the shooter could have been Guy Fisher, an acquaintance with whom he and his ex-wife used to work when they had a dog-breeding and showing business.

Fisher had accused Podschwit of having an affair with Fisher's wife, Nicole, a few years ago and a week before the shooting, Podschwit said."
Justice will Prevail

Barnesville, OH

#1472 Jan 13, 2011
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Her name was in the paper too.
Quote...
"St. Clair County Sheriff Department Deputy Scott Baldwin testified Podschwit told him the shooter could have been Guy Fisher, an acquaintance with whom he and his ex-wife used to work when they had a dog-breeding and showing business.
Fisher had accused Podschwit of having an affair with Fisher's wife, Nicole, a few years ago and a week before the shooting, Podschwit said."
Yes, I got that, I corrected myself in the post above yours, you must not have seen it. Thanks for the quote, tho.

I was also surprised to read how big of a part that Catherine Podschwit played in the whole thing. I wonder why a person would zero in on the ex-wife to the extreme of extracting info from her?
Stray Bullets

Barnesville, OH

#1473 Jan 13, 2011
Hey Justice,I think that Cherokee has been banned from the Topix forum.
Give Me a Break

Barnesville, OH

#1474 Jan 13, 2011
I really thought that the most interesting paragraph of the article in the Times Herald was this particular one,it was a quote by the prosecuting attorney,this info can be found on page 1, the 5th paragraph on the Times Herald website.

St. Clair County prosecuting attorney Amy Stover said the case was "the most circumstantial case" she's ever tried. Much of the evidence is linked to a dark-colored minivan and mysterious phone calls made to Podschwit, his workplace and his ex-wife.
Writing on the Wall

Watseka, IL

#1475 Jan 13, 2011
Anyone who can't see the writing on the wall is blind because they choose to be. I believe the authorities know exactly what's going on here. It will be interesting to see what kind of plea bargain they offer her and what that plea will be in exchange for. People tend to be more cooperative and talk when they're looking at prison for the rest of their lives. I see on court dockets that her felony is now listed as Class C. Capitol felony which means she could possibly get life. Wendling is listed as the new prosecutor and Kelly is the Judge. Next hearing is scheduled for Jan 31 at 1:30.

Podschwit was the first witness to testify at Day's preliminary examination before Judge John D. Monaghan. He testified he met Day once about four years ago.(Why would she shoot someone she doesn't know?)

St. Clair County Sheriff Department Deputy Scott Baldwin testified Podschwit told him the shooter could have been Guy Fisher, an acquaintance with whom he and his ex-wife used to work when they had a dog-breeding and showing business.(Remember when this first happened, they were reporting that Podschwit and Fisher had had an earlier altercation)

Fisher had accused Podschwit of having an affair with Fisher's wife, Nicole, a few years ago and a week before the shooting, Podschwit said.(The week before was also when Fisher was arrested for domestic violence against Nicole, which he ended up pleading guilty to)

Police executed a search warrant of the Fishers' home in the 11000 block of Dunnigan Road in Emmett.

St. Clair County Sheriff Department Det. Colleen Titus said a letter addressed to Day was found on a desk in the Fishers' home, which started the trail toward Day.(Who was writing this letter to Ms Day? They neglected to tell us that in the paper. And what was in it that led them to investigate her?)

Sheriff Department Det. Steve Amey testified the receipt found in Day's house had the activation number for the cell phone that was used to make calls to Podschwit, his business, his ex-wife and Day's mother.

Calls also had been made from that phone to another cell phone whose serial number was found on a piece of paper on Day's refrigerator, he said (Wonder who had this other phone. I doubt she was calling herself)

Catherine Podschwit said she received a call from a woman who said she worked at AutoZone. The woman told Catherine Podschwit her ex-husband had a large debt and he had left her number and address as the contact person.(What a way to trick someone into giving you info. Make them think you're coming after them for their ex husbands debt)

The woman asked Catherine Podschwit what time Steven Podschwit typically left his house and arrived at work, Catherine Podschwit said, information that she gave the woman. Catherine Podschwit also gave the woman Steve Podschwit's work address, work phone number and cell phone number, she said (Of course she gave this woman all the info. She's not resposible for what her ex owes)

Catherine Podschwit also testified about a call she had received the day before the shooting from Guy Fisher, who had asked questions about her ex-husband similar to those asked by the unidentified woman (Interesting)

Both phones Amey investigated frequently made calls to each other, he said. One of the phones also made a call to one of the detectives on the case the same time Fisher called him, Amey said (Even more interesting)
noodlefloater

Sanford, NC

#1477 Jan 13, 2011
LES wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee. According to your own post on the Times forum, she did have family there, so why are you asking here?
I'll have to go check the other site - I asked if anyone knew if she had anyone there. I believe I also said "maybe". In any event I was just asking and commenting that may be the reason for the smile.

Since: Jan 11

Sanford, NC

#1478 Jan 13, 2011
LES wrote:
<quoted text>
Iguess I need to take a look at that post. I have no idea if family members were there - that is why I asked.

Since: Jan 11

Sanford, NC

#1479 Jan 13, 2011
noodlefloater wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll have to go check the other site - I asked if anyone knew if she had anyone there. I believe I also said "maybe". In any event I was just asking and commenting that may be the reason for the smile.
Just checked the other site and I said "She probably (probably means she may have or could have) family or friends there."
LES

Petoskey, MI

#1480 Jan 13, 2011
noodlefloater wrote:
<quoted text>Just checked the other site and I said "She probably (probably means she may have or could have) family or friends there."
Actually, this is what you wrote:(cut and pasted directly from the other site)

noodlefloater wrote:

Replying to Goldenstuff:
is this a "miss America" contest or does everyone suspected of attempted murder smile??

Take another look at the picture - she isn't looking at the camera and posing - I think anyone would be happy just to get out of the jail for a few hours. By the way a family member was there.

1/12/2011 9:10:15 PM
Paper Back Writer

Barnesville, OH

#1481 Jan 13, 2011
There were two attractive older ladies in the courtroom,could have been her mother or perhaps an aunt.

Her picture in the Tri-City Times, is not a smiling one, she looks pretty down in the dumps in that photo.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Capac Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Plumber (Jan '15) Jul '15 Gerald Vonberger 3
Yale Music Forum (Dec '12) Jun '15 Musikologist 10
Info Capac Parents Need to Know About the Scho... Jun '15 Mwaaaa 14
When does Capac do their community wide yard sale? Jun '15 Tupac 3
man still living in a shack in a field on Marti... (Nov '11) Apr '15 Mussey Resident 324
Loui's restaurant (Apr '08) Apr '15 wallygator 6
News Pharmacy thieves arrested after car chase with ... Mar '15 school board 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Capac Mortgages