Vickers sentenced to 17 years for murder

Vickers sentenced to 17 years for murder

There are 29 comments on the The New Braunfels Herald story from Nov 17, 2009, titled Vickers sentenced to 17 years for murder. In it, The New Braunfels Herald reports that:

Three years and 13 days after the Shirley Lindenbaum's death in Canyon Lake, a jury sentenced Janice Vickers, 48, to 17 years in prison on Tuesday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The New Braunfels Herald.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
concerned

Broken Arrow, OK

#21 Jan 7, 2010
By the way I hope this never happens to anyone in your family. Then you will really know what being in shock is! I also have never said she was perfect!!!!! No one is!!! I just know she would never hurt or murder anyone!!!!! Who said Perfect? You are not perfect and no one is! That doesn't mean you dont stand up for what you believe in! Thats my right. You have yours so don't put words into my mouth please.
parker

Houston, TX

#22 Jan 14, 2010
okay so good luck with the future life of everyone in this case it does not matter who lied? god is going to punish a liar in the long run let him be the judge of that. if the convicted is not guilty then let the best happen, and for the sake of the dead's family and friends be thankful she is not having to deal with this system any longer, god had a totally different pland for her killer or her accidental death.

peace be with the arguments!
Friend

Converse, TX

#23 Aug 29, 2015
concerned wrote:
First of all thank you for writing back. I do respect what you feel. I want to say you are 100% wrong when you say she had money problems. I know she did not! And when you go by what was done in the police station well all I can say is that you need to study up on someone when they are in shock!! No one would pick up brain matter and call 911 and not take anything in the house would be guilty of 1st degree! And you cant cover up all the DNA that would be in her Tahoe if Shirley was in there! Not possible!!!!!! If she was in there you would have alot of DNA. I thought you people were smart? As for a partier well thats just what you said you heard!! Hearing is not facts! Just like hearing what she said with out DNA or evidance to back it up is not possible! Thats why the law says you have to go by the facts not emotions. If you are scared of someone like Janice than Im very sad for you. Really I am!!!! She has helped to many people in her life! Thats not rumor that is a fact of life! I know because I wouldnt be the person I am today without her in my life!!!!!!!!! As for the cheeleader's you talk about, tell me if the other mothers that take care of there daughters were on trail for murder you can bet your ass anything they said would come out and make them look bad! Everyone has done or said something in there life that makes them look bad!!! Mothers are like Bears when it comes to there childern!Doesn't mean everything they say is right but its being a Mother. You say she has alot of problems in her life. Well how do you know that? I know her better than everyone out there reading this and she is a wonderful caring person!!!! She would do anything for anyone in this world and she has! I hear she has no remorse for what happened to Miss Shirley. Well there again if I had a dime for every time someone judges I would be rich! That statement is so far from truth!!!!!!!!!! You know nothing will stop me from telling the world how wonderful Janice is. No that will be my life until Im gone. Im just sorry people make up there minds without anything to back it up. I used to judge people I would hear about on TV when someone was murdered or accused.But I will never do that again. God is are only judge.
I only have one thing to say and that is, she was my friend then and she will be my friend when she comes home.
Good conversation

Killeen, TX

#24 Jan 23, 2016
This thread is old, but it sure does seem like that was the girlfriend being so defensive. Saying "I know more than anyone ever will", to me, says significant other, or someone who was in on the plan.
Concerned

United States

#25 Oct 5, 2016
Personally concerned wrote:
I cant believe how many people are concerned about Miss Vickers being dangerous!! There was no evidence that Mrs Vickers murdered anyone!! Not any!!!! I guess no one listened to the fact that someone had run over the woman before Miss Vickers did. Yes there was other tire marks on the womans clothes! Oh and who calls 911 if they are going to commit 1st degree murder? Unless you personally know this person you have no right to judge!!! No proof at all that for 1st degree murder or manslaughter! Its funny to me how many people run off at the mouth and don't know anything! Yes you have the right to your opinion but thats just what it is an opinion! Trust me I know the facts!!!!!
I personally know Vickers, she is the Devils Spawn... She should never be let out EVER!!! she will just do it again.. She may have her family believing she is innocent.. Trust me she is guilty as SIN!!!
Concerned

United States

#26 Oct 5, 2016
Personally concerned wrote:
<quoted text> Well first of all you do not know who better than I do!! And second I would never in this life time forget Shirley!!!! Bless her heart!!!! But there was nothing to show that she killed this woman! She was not broke and she did not need any money! Thats the most laughable thing in the world. Why in the world would someone run over someone because they wanted to flip a house? Why was there not missing items in the house? There is one thing I know for sure she is not stupid! Say what you will and lots of people have. But she is a most loving wonderful person in the world! She would never harm anyone on purpose. That judgement was nothing but pure emotions. If you had to just go by the facts than you couldn't. There was none supporting it! So you say that no one else ran over her but Janice. Well then why did the Forensic investigator say that the tire marks on her clothes were not Janice's Tahoe? Did you miss that part? I know that someone else ran over her and it will all come out one day. I know that for sure. Don't judge a book by its cover. You just might be judged yourself one day.
This comment is totally laughable.. "But she is a most loving wonderful person in the world! She would never harm anyone on purpose" Every time she saw me she tormented the Hell out of me.. Devils Spawn I say Devil's Spawn
Concerned

United States

#27 Oct 5, 2016
concerned wrote:
Well I was at that trial and no one testified that they saw her run over anyone! I could care less if you think I look like and idiot!!! You know nothing and sounds like you have a problem! SO you are making a bold statement by saying there were plenty of other people she tried to kill!!! Who are they and why didnt they testify? Why if that was true than they had an obligation to come forward!!!.......Rumors Rumors and I would love for you to try and shut my trap!!!!!!!!!! GO ahead Like i said get in line!!!!!!! Janice Vickers is a loving caring wonderful person!!!!!!!!!! I know personally and you can say what you want but im 100% right because I know first hand!!!!! As for the jealous Cheerleaders get over it that was years ago and has nothing to do with this accident! If you think Im going to believe everyones version of her your wrong!You see I know her and you dont!!!!!!!! She is not a murderer!
She is indeed a MUDERER!!!!!!!!!!DEVIL SPAWN....DEVIL SPAWN
mylogan

New Braunfels, TX

#28 Dec 13, 2016
concerned wrote:
First of all thank you for writing back. I do respect what you feel. I want to say you are 100% wrong when you say she had money problems. I know she did not! And when you go by what was done in the police station well all I can say is that you need to study up on someone when they are in shock!! No one would pick up brain matter and call 911 and not take anything in the house would be guilty of 1st degree! And you cant cover up all the DNA that would be in her Tahoe if Shirley was in there! Not possible!!!!!! If she was in there you would have alot of DNA. I thought you people were smart? As for a partier well thats just what you said you heard!! Hearing is not facts! Just like hearing what she said with out DNA or evidance to back it up is not possible! Thats why the law says you have to go by the facts not emotions. If you are scared of someone like Janice than Im very sad for you. Really I am!!!! She has helped to many people in her life! Thats not rumor that is a fact of life! I know because I wouldnt be the person I am today without her in my life!!!!!!!!! As for the cheeleader's you talk about, tell me if the other mothers that take care of there daughters were on trail for murder you can bet your ass anything they said would come out and make them look bad! Everyone has done or said something in there life that makes them look bad!!! Mothers are like Bears when it comes to there childern!Doesn't mean everything they say is right but its being a Mother. You say she has alot of problems in her life. Well how do you know that? I know her better than everyone out there reading this and she is a wonderful caring person!!!! She would do anything for anyone in this world and she has! I hear she has no remorse for what happened to Miss Shirley. Well there again if I had a dime for every time someone judges I would be rich! That statement is so far from truth!!!!!!!!!! You know nothing will stop me from telling the world how wonderful Janice is. No that will be my life until Im gone. Im just sorry people make up there minds without anything to back it up. I used to judge people I would hear about on TV when someone was murdered or accused.But I will never do that again. God is are only judge.
i try to keep up with any updates on this case ....just now reading this post...and just fyi...not sure why u say u knew janice well and she NEVER did drugs but I can line up a list of people that know for a fact that she did including myself on Many Many Many occasions.
Loving mother

Canyon Lake, TX

#29 Jan 16, 2017
My 6 year old daughter was treated horribly by this woman during Pop Warner Cheerleading. She tried to pick a fight with me in front of all the other mothers when I confronted her (calmly) with her behavior. I simply walked away, not wanting to lower myself to her "standard". She scared the hell out of me and still does to this day. There is something seriously wrong with her. Hopefully she will get that help before she's released because if not, we all need to run and hide or hire a personal bodyguard.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Canyon Lake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Uvalde grand jury to hear evidence in deadly ch... Jun 22 Concern for the c... 10
News Neighbors want defense against barking dogs (Nov '08) Jun 5 Confused as well 23
dunkin donuts new braunfels grand opening june... May 30 ddbr 1
News Hit-and-run: Man dies on Wonder World Dr. (Sep '12) May 28 If u know 12
News Suspended San Marcos police officer back on duty (Jul '10) May 28 If u know 6
New Braunfels Music Thread (May '15) May '17 Bud 7
Nikki melburn May '17 Dog 1

Canyon Lake Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Canyon Lake Mortgages