Vote nears on Chavez street name

Sep 24, 2007 Full story: Lubbock Avalanche

“I hope that our council will emulate some of (Chavez's) leadership in their decision”

The City Council may vote in October on whether to name a street after Cesar E. Chavez. via Lubbock Avalanche

Read more
Alma Johnson

Pflugerville, TX

#1 Oct 8, 2007
Canyon Lake connecting with Martin L.King is a bad idea. Why, King did for all not just one race of people. He died for all not just half.

North Arnett or the Mackinzie Park would be nice. In the Hispanic community would benfit more than East Lubbock area.

Their are lots of unfair things already in East Lubbock. Why do we have to have this?You can't find a place for him other than East Lubbock.

I feel we worked hard for a great leader as MLKing, he stand along. A street renamed find. Just not in East Lubbock.

He if famous, put him in your neighborhood as we did Martin L. King. We didn't put him on anybody. He is one of our and we take great pride in who he is and stand for.

I don't want to hurt anybodies feelings. But, he did not struggle. Martin King did and his people all over the world. Dr. King is a hero. He stand along. Jobs were for all, not just hispanic's in California, but all over.

The street should be named in the Hispanic community only.
Muldoon

United States

#2 Oct 20, 2007
There is absolutely no reason to change the name of any street except by enforcement of the city charter. And the charter specifies exactly how that procedure is to be performed. Linda DeLeon and her mexican mafia need to be aware that the citizens of Lubbock will not stand for this arrogance.

It is obvious to even the most casual observer that she and her minions are merely cogs in the WTOS organization, an outfit that advocates the violent overthrow of the United States government with at least the "return" of the Southwest to mexico. I have never been one for violence, but enough is enough. Obtaining a CHL is looking better and better every time I see something of this nature going on in our city.'Course that's just my opinion.
Muldoon

United States

#3 Oct 20, 2007
After reading my post, I realize that I should temper my remarks.

I do not advocate violence in any form and am not recommending violence as an answer to this or any such issue in any such way.

My apologies to all who may have read that in the previous post. I was too quick on the emotional trigger in making such a statement in the manner I did.

However, I am scared for my family and it is now worth considering this final form of protection.

I am told by competent authority that, per the orders of the present-day mayor and Chief of Police, the police are not to enforce the laws concerning illegal immigrants, thus making Lubbock as much a sanctuary city as is Boston or New York or Philadelphia.

Why is that?

Again, my apologies for the overly emotional suggestion in my previous post. I regret that portion of it very deeply.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Canyon Lake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
hidden waterfall landa park? Mar 13 seekingtheserenity 1
Review: Wellman Installation Inc Feb '15 Ransom 1
News Main Plaza Tree Pruning (Feb '13) Feb '15 Courtney Galler 3
Review: Gattuso Distributing (Apr '10) Feb '15 standforwhatsright 4
Bulverde Baptist Church Feb '15 Wondering 1
News Jason Isaac filing three bills to conserve grou... Feb '15 Antje57 1
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Feb '15 Ronin Kannushi 778
Canyon Lake Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Canyon Lake People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]