Comal County ISD
Juleen Randall

Spring Branch, TX

#1 Feb 10, 2012
This was emailed to me from a relative running for State Representative. I thought everyone in the Comal County district that pays property taxes should know about these transactions! Our local government squanders while we struggle!? Please pass this along to all you know so we can force accountability!!

Well, I’m doing my homework to prepare for the State House of Representatives. Of course, Texas is in as much trouble as the rest of the country in terms of financial woes, so one of the major concerns is cutting the state budget where possible. More than 60% of the Texas state budget is spent on education, and, needless to say, the Texas state budget funds come from taxpayers in one form or another (state sales tax, property tax revenues, gas tax revenues, lottery ticket sales, etc.)

So, when I found this out today, and knowing YOU pay Comal County taxes on your properties you own, I thought you’d be interested in hearing what I found out today straight from the mouth of a Comal County administrator – sit down first. This administrator told me that earlier this school year (in 2011), Comal County purchased an iPad for each administrator in the district – and there are 80 of them - at a cost of $800 a piece. Do the math – that’s $64,000. But, OOPS!!! The wizard who made this buying decision apparently “forgot” or “overlooked” the fact that in order for an iPad to be used in conjunction with the district’s existing computer system, it must be used with Macbooks. But, uh-oh, the district’s existing computer system was Dell, so NO COMPATIBILITY. Therefore,(since it’s only money), they then made the management decision to buy the same 80 administrators each their own Macbook (at a cost of $1600 a piece) to replace the Dell that was working just fine to begin with. The total expenditure per administrator was $2400 and that adds up to a whopping $192,000 !!! How does it feel to have individuals with such fiscal responsibility working for you in the Comal ISD?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Canyon Lake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Looking for Lewis Lee Neighbors Jun 13 Monica and Patrick 2
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Jun 13 robert 994
News Neighbors want defense against barking dogs (Nov '08) Jun 12 Sick of the Suburbs 17
Jeff Presley cheats Jun 7 jeffpresleyhasnoe... 1
News Paula Hemby May '16 Not Surprised 1
has anybody seen jeremy vieyra?? (Aug '12) May '16 Lil_biscuit 7
Friday May '16 Lil_biscuit 3

Canyon Lake Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Canyon Lake Mortgages