Neighbors want defense against barking dogs

Nov 24, 2008 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The New Braunfels Herald

The voice on the end of the receiver barely could be heard over the barking in the background.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 14 of14
confused as well

San Antonio, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2008

Judged:

If the owners are not willing to fix the problem, a little bit of antifreeze will!!
Hello

Austin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2008

Judged:

Let dogs be dogs and do what come natural . They bark.
hmmm

San Antonio, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2008

confused as well wrote:
If the owners are not willing to fix the problem, a little bit of antifreeze will!!
either that or maybe if I catch you a little lead for you. How you like them apples?
KathyChaos

Laconia, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2008

It's natural for dogs to bark but come on, we all have to live on the same globe for now and we should respect each other enough to be fair. Maybe privacy fencing or why not try dog obedience classes... THE DOG WHISPERER should do a huge segment on how to modify your neighbor's barking dogs. The dogs do have the right to bark but dont the neighbor's also have the right to peace and quiet too?
I hear dogs all night

Spring Branch, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2008

Judged:

I love it when people move somewhere and find it's not perfect . if your don't like Spring Branch move back to where you came from , Mr. confused as well sounds like you have been drinking to much anti-freeze ,if your not smart enought to say something constructive don't say anything at all . Some of my neighbors have 8,10,12 dogs I hear dogs parties all night long , Good protection ,you know where anybody is in the street or in the nighborhood .
CatsRacoonsArmad illosDogs

San Marcos, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2008

confused as well wrote:
Sometimes the neighborhood dogs will eat the cats...

Sometimes the cats will shred the dogs...

Sometimes the cars drive too fast and kill whatever unlucky animal is not fast enough...

Either way, we all do our best to get along like good neighbors should...

And watch after each other's pets...

And if you put anti-freeze out...

You may just find yourself drinking it...

But to give the benefit of the doubt...

I know you were just making a tasteless joke, right?...
losing sleep

Richardson, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2008

Judged:

Hello wrote:
thank goodness for noise & animal control ordinaces for the like of inconsiderate people like you!!
losing sleep

Richardson, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2008

Judged:

Thank goodness for noise & animal control ordinances for the likes of inconsiderate people like you!!

Since: Dec 08

Boerne, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2008

Hello wrote:
Not if their owners are responsible and have even a modicum of respect for others who are unfortunate enough to have to live nearby.
Clara

San Antonio, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2008

Cities can help by creating dog parks and by encouraging such training facilities as Petsmart. People wouldn't bring home a giraffe as carelessly as they do a dog. Owners can educate themselves about dog breeds and needs, such as owner time and play, daily grooming, and humans as pack leaders. Some dogs are left alone outside most of the time, which is lonely to a social animal. Rescuers are in a bind - we can't blame the people who take them off the streets, even if they don't have time to spend with the dogs. We need to teach children how much time and work it is to take care of a dog (by helping them volunteer, not by getting them a dog). Good training and care lead to less barking. Many dog owners should consider getting a fish tank instead.
brsipaq

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2008

Judged:

Dogs have the natural ability to bark. But a back yard barking dog is a sign of neglect. Dogs are pack animals, highly social creatures. They NEED to be with their pack.

Well mannered, well behaved dogs do not bark incessantly. So what's 'naturally' happening?

1. Listen to your back yard without the barking. Quiet is what is natural.
2. Humans NEED peace and quiet, which as item 1 shows is the natural state. Humans need this peace and quiet to sleep, relax, and rest, this is what is in fact natural. A neglected dog barking like crazy is in fact stressful.

Therefore, a dog owner is NOT meeting the needs of his/her dogs AND what their neighbors need.

So why do some dog owners neglect their dogs and those who live around them? Why do some of you defend such unbelievable actions of abuse?

How many times do you see a dog who is be walked barking like crazy? That's because they are socialized and are with their pack. This is the natural state dogs need to be in.

Thanks,
Do Cather

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2009

Find a dog hat is barking, strangle the dog, put your foot up his ass. Bam Bam Bam, all day foot up a dogs ass.
BarkingDogATLAS

Oakland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2009

Neighbor's barking dogs getting you down? Post your noisy neighbor at the BarkingDogATLAS.
WWW.BarkingdogATLAS.blogspot.com
Got-Barking

San Jacinto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

A neighbors barking dog can be a nightmare.
Check out www.gotbarking.com for solutions for dog owners and the neighbors of barking dogs.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 14 of14
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Canyon Lake Discussions

Search the Canyon Lake Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) 13 min Tammyturds 469
TX Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 11 hr Doe Poop 20,410
TX Who do you support for Railroad Commissioner in... (Oct '10) 11 hr Bootay Gas 687
TX Who do you support for Attorney General in Texa... (Oct '10) 11 hr Tigerturds 597
TX Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) Wed lol 16,052
curious Tue wondering 1
Review: Christies Jewelry Apr 19 SMlocal 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Canyon Lake Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Canyon Lake People Search