Comal ISD receives 58 Gold Performance awards

Full story: MySanAntonio.com

Web Posted: 11/25/2010 12:00 AM CST Comal ISD received 58 Gold Performance Acknowledgement awards from the Texas Education Agency for outstanding academic performance in 2010.
Comments
21 - 34 of 34 Comments Last updated Sep 25, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
EL COQUI

Converse, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2011

Judged:

It don't matter anymore, shes gone and feeding the worms now...
Door Gunner

San Antonio, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2011

Judged:

The worms crawl in, the worms crawl out, the worms play pinnacle on your snout...
Big Duke 6

San Antonio, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2011

Judged:

Who the hell is Gary R Sheets?
Tyler Durdin

San Antonio, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2011

Judged:

Buzzards gotta eat, same as worms...
El Comandante

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2011

Judged:

Tyler Durdin wrote:
Buzzards gotta eat, same as worms...
Very true...
Gary R Sheets

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2011

Judged:

El Comandante wrote:
<quoted text> Very true...
Hi Thomas O Caldwell, officer pig, El Comandante, Tyler Durdin,Big Duke 6, cops are meth pigs....You sure like to post to youself Tommy!

Hi Thomas O Caldwell
322 Veda Mae
San Antonio, Tx 78216
lic #A09972 expired
Central Security & Investigations
lic #C10607
6836 San Pedro Ste 217
San Antonio, Tx 78216
Larry Quintanilla
jeremiah johnson

San Antonio, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2011

Judged:

Im adding a comment here to make known 1 important aspect. I also worked side by side with Marcia Felch during her time at mountain valley. I personally found her to be a competent and caring teacher/person. She was always freindly towards me, I liked her, she was my friend. I do not exactly know what all the deails were that sourounded her death, however, I do know certain details and circumstances that surronded her work environment. Generally speaking, teaching is a high stress job. However, it is my strong feeling that under the leadership of Dr. Sean Maika out at Mountain Valley, that stress is/was made magnified many times over especially if you happened to be in a critical (in terms of TAKS results)subject area. I cannot help but feel that Marcia was feeling stressed due to rising standards for special ed. students and pressures being placed upon her to get her students to perform. She was also the sp. ed. dept. chair at mt. valley which meant that she and dr. maika must have been in constant communication regarding his expectations & the need to succeed. If there is 1 thing that I know about dr. maika, it's that he is a very driven man. he made it clear from the very begining of his leadership at mt. valley that he wanted mt. valley to receive "exemplary" status in terms of TEA's school rating. Many do not know this but the rating that schools receive this past year will stick with them for this coming year due to the STARR test not counting next year. Principals are well aware of this fact. This must have added pressure to the whole situation. All I'm saying is that there would have been no rest for the weary out at mt. valley. If Marcia had personal problems, she would not have found a respite out at mt. valley, quite the contrary. Special Ed. and Math are the 2 most critical areas that typically affect school ratings. If you've ever had the pleasure of hearing the words "tripple dippers" and "double dippers" in terms of "sub-pops" then you know exactly what i'm talking about. It's just sickening to sit and have to listen to these principals talk about such things as if it matters to anyone except him. I continue to be concerned for the teachers out at mt. valley. Unfortunately central admin. isn't much interested in what measures principals take either. They (Dr. Duron in particular) advocates for rediculous numbers/amounts of "learning walks" observations on teachers, but so far as i can see, zero oversight of principals. I've heard it said that if you get the holy grail "exemplary" as a principal you can do pretty much what ever you want, they will leave you alone completely. No such deal for veteran teachers though. I'm tired of these little power hungry, self aggrandizing, napolion types getting positions of power over the rest of us. sorry for the rant... RIP Marcia
COL Stinkmeaner

San Antonio, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2011

Judged:

jeremiah johnson wrote:
Im adding a comment here to make known 1 important aspect. I also worked side by side with Marcia Felch during her time at mountain valley. I personally found her to be a competent and caring teacher/person. She was always freindly towards me, I liked her, she was my friend. I do not exactly know what all the deails were that sourounded her death, however, I do know certain details and circumstances that surronded her work environment. Generally speaking, teaching is a high stress job. However, it is my strong feeling that under the leadership of Dr. Sean Maika out at Mountain Valley, that stress is/was made magnified many times over especially if you happened to be in a critical (in terms of TAKS results)subject area. I cannot help but feel that Marcia was feeling stressed due to rising standards for special ed. students and pressures being placed upon her to get her students to perform. She was also the sp. ed. dept. chair at mt. valley which meant that she and dr. maika must have been in constant communication regarding his expectations & the need to succeed. If there is 1 thing that I know about dr. maika, it's that he is a very driven man. he made it clear from the very begining of his leadership at mt. valley that he wanted mt. valley to receive "exemplary" status in terms of TEA's school rating. Many do not know this but the rating that schools receive this past year will stick with them for this coming year due to the STARR test not counting next year. Principals are well aware of this fact. This must have added pressure to the whole situation. All I'm saying is that there would have been no rest for the weary out at mt. valley. If Marcia had personal problems, she would not have found a respite out at mt. valley, quite the contrary. Special Ed. and Math are the 2 most critical areas that typically affect school ratings. If you've ever had the pleasure of hearing the words "tripple dippers" and "double dippers" in terms of "sub-pops" then you know exactly what i'm talking about. It's just sickening to sit and have to listen to these principals talk about such things as if it matters to anyone except him. I continue to be concerned for the teachers out at mt. valley. Unfortunately central admin. isn't much interested in what measures principals take either. They (Dr. Duron in particular) advocates for rediculous numbers/amounts of "learning walks" observations on teachers, but so far as i can see, zero oversight of principals. I've heard it said that if you get the holy grail "exemplary" as a principal you can do pretty much what ever you want, they will leave you alone completely. No such deal for veteran teachers though. I'm tired of these little power hungry, self aggrandizing, napolion types getting positions of power over the rest of us. sorry for the rant... RIP Marcia
Don't let the grizzly get you!
Marcias son

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2011

Judged:

I've been reading alot of these nasty comments about my mother and I must say many of these comments are ignorant my mom had the biggest heart and she always put her kids first in school and home and if you had a problem with her thats fine but the marcia I knew and from what I saw she was the most deserving of the award and for you to say things like you were saying I feel sorry for you how do you live with yourself you obviously don't have any morales. Whether you think she deserves the award our not it doesnt matter she touched the lives of every kid she taught and dont judge someone till you've walked a mile in there shoes
A1momsucks

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2011

Judged:

This goes to "a1mom" all I can say about you is that you are a horrible human being you have no right to same things you did about her you did not know her, you did not know anything about her or her family. how dare you say s*** about her she was 100 times a women and mother than you will ever be. you're nothing but a sad excuse for a human being that doesnt deserve nothing your garbage your scum. I feel sorry for your family and children they have to deal with your sorry ass everyday. I don't know you but I can tell you're just a horrible person, I don't know how anyone could love you. you obviously not a good mother because you should know that her children will see this and see all the ugly,awful things you said about their mom and you being a mother should know that you wouldnt want your children to suffer through that. you evil b****. I cant say how much I hate you enough and the worst part is I don't even know you by just reading the things you said about her I can tell that you were worthless piece of s*** and I hope you read this you know that there are people that hate you. I hope your life is filled with misery and grief because that's all you deserve. its people like you that make this world so corrupt and evil. your nothing your trouble mother I feel sorry for your kids I can't say that enough how much sorry for them and your family, no 1 deserves having to put up with you. I hope you take this to heart and know that you're an evil b****. I can call you every cuss word in the dictionary over and over again for all eterinity but that wouldnt be even close to describing what kinda person you are. Your pure evil, you hateful b****."
A1momsucks

Dayton, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2011

Judged:

Lol no , im 20 shes probably all old and saggy. If any thing I would with someone my own age..
JBB

Bulverde, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2012

A1momsucks wrote:
This goes to "a1mom" all I can say about you is that you are a horrible human being you have no right to same things you did about her you did not know her, you did not know anything about her or her family. how dare you say s*** about her she was 100 times a women and mother than you will ever be. you're nothing but a sad excuse for a human being that doesnt deserve nothing your garbage your scum. I feel sorry for your family and children they have to deal with your sorry ass everyday. I don't know you but I can tell you're just a horrible person, I don't know how anyone could love you. you obviously not a good mother because you should know that her children will see this and see all the ugly,awful things you said about their mom and you being a mother should know that you wouldnt want your children to suffer through that. you evil b****. I cant say how much I hate you enough and the worst part is I don't even know you by just reading the things you said about her I can tell that you were worthless piece of s*** and I hope you read this you know that there are people that hate you. I hope your life is filled with misery and grief because that's all you deserve. its people like you that make this world so corrupt and evil. your nothing your trouble mother I feel sorry for your kids I can't say that enough how much sorry for them and your family, no 1 deserves having to put up with you. I hope you take this to heart and know that you're an evil b****. I can call you every cuss word in the dictionary over and over again for all eterinity but that wouldnt be even close to describing what kinda person you are. Your pure evil, you hateful b****."
What makes you any better than A1 mom? You sound like a sorry excuse for a human being yourself. Your evilness is quite apparent. Grow up and use more descriptive and less vulgar words to describe your feelings. I'm younger than you, and am repulsed by your post. Let the lady RIP for the love of God!!
El Comandante

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2012

JBB wrote:
<quoted text>
What makes you any better than A1 mom? You sound like a sorry excuse for a human being yourself. Your evilness is quite apparent. Grow up and use more descriptive and less vulgar words to describe your feelings. I'm younger than you, and am repulsed by your post. Let the lady RIP for the love of God!!
Let her be. I'm still waiting for Mercenary to coordinate the bikini wrestling match. I'll be drinking Bud Lime beer not Corona.
Logan Felch

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Judged:

Lord Of War wrote:
<quoted text> I have no shame. I am the Lord Of War! I spread hate and discontent throughout the land. Enjoy the spoils of knowledge I bequeath to you.
well when you're mother dies I hope no one criticizes her like you're doing. My mother's students was her life and would do anything to help them.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Canyon Lake Discussions

Search the Canyon Lake Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
TX Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 3 hr Mike 17,165
TX Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 3 hr Losers 21,603
TX Who do you support for Comptroller of Public Ac... (Oct '10) Jul 25 Wow 598
TX Who do you support for Railroad Commissioner in... (Oct '10) Jul 25 nina roth 755
TX Who do you support for Commissioner of Agricult... (Oct '10) Jul 24 Gasman 499
syntactic weed Jul 21 Aey 2
Home builders Jul 20 Mike s 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Canyon Lake Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Canyon Lake People Search