Comal ISD receives 58 Gold Performance awards

Web Posted: 11/25/2010 12:00 AM CST Comal ISD received 58 Gold Performance Acknowledgement awards from the Texas Education Agency for outstanding academic performance in 2010. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
a1mom

Boerne, TX

#1 Jan 5, 2011
I am very surprised that Comal ISD special ED teacher Marcia Felch was nominated for the Excel award in teaching excellence. She would have to be the one teacher who should have never been nominated. She has a long history with the district mistreating students and their parents. From Specht elementary to Bill Brown and now Mountain Valley. The special ed department seems to be blindsided by this manipulative person. I guess they are so desperate for special ed teachers and don't want the any legal litigation if they fired her, they're keeping her on board. It's so sad that of all the teachers in this field, she is the only one worthy of this nomination? Glad my kids were transferred to Northeast ISD a couple years ago.
MarciasCoworkerA ndFriend

United States

#2 Apr 25, 2011
We knew her as someone that would bend over backwards for her students and parents. I am sorry if you had a bad experience with her but the general agreement is that she was amazing. For this, she was recently sent on behalf of Comal ISD to San Francisco to a convention aimed at helping children of the newest generation learn to succeed in their own dynamic generation. She is no longer with us any more. May she rest in peace.
a1mom wrote:
I am very surprised that Comal ISD special ED teacher Marcia Felch was nominated for the Excel award in teaching excellence. She would have to be the one teacher who should have never been nominated. She has a long history with the district mistreating students and their parents. From Specht elementary to Bill Brown and now Mountain Valley. The special ed department seems to be blindsided by this manipulative person. I guess they are so desperate for special ed teachers and don't want the any legal litigation if they fired her, they're keeping her on board. It's so sad that of all the teachers in this field, she is the only one worthy of this nomination? Glad my kids were transferred to Northeast ISD a couple years ago.
Lord Of War

San Antonio, TX

#3 Apr 25, 2011
MarciasCoworkerAndFriend wrote:
We knew her as someone that would bend over backwards for her students and parents. I am sorry if you had a bad experience with her but the general agreement is that she was amazing. For this, she was recently sent on behalf of Comal ISD to San Francisco to a convention aimed at helping children of the newest generation learn to succeed in their own dynamic generation. She is no longer with us any more. May she rest in peace.
<quoted text>
Wow, she gets an award for excellence and then croaks! What a deal, she might have lived longer without it...
MarciasCoworkerA ndFriend

United States

#4 Apr 25, 2011
I feel sorry for you, I really do. As a teacher, I realize that not all students and parents will get along with each teacher, including me. But we give it our best and indeed DO try to please everyone. The last time I saw Marcia was on the last night before Good Friday. I thought that I would be the last one out of the building as everyone else raced home to their families to start up their Easter weekends. I was wrong. Marcia walked out right behind me and I walk to her car with her. She was one of the sweetest people I have ever met. To joke about death is quite sad. You may have known Marcia professionally and had differences but Marcia was also a mother, a husband, and a friend to many. Her colleagues are devastated. We have to tell the kids tomorrow morning. It is going to be painful. You may want to go hug your mother. You never know when this can happen. I hope that when she does go, no one makes a joke about it.
TeamComal

San Antonio, TX

#5 Apr 26, 2011
Dear MarciasCoworkerAndFriend...the extended Comal ISD family completely agrees with you and is most appreciative of your defending your friend, our profession, and the district that we love so much. We wish Marcia's family peace during this very difficult time.

To A1mom...perhaps it's best that you and your kids are in NEISD.

To Lord of War...shame on you.
Pit Bull

San Antonio, TX

#6 Apr 26, 2011
Lord Of War wrote:
<quoted text> Wow, she gets an award for excellence and then croaks! What a deal, she might have lived longer without it...
Thats funny! I used to work in Comal County and believe me, I was glad to get out of there! That circle in the main plaza is a joke, reminds me of a demolition derby ready to start. I'm glad I did'nt get an award because then I might have croaked too...
Lord Of War

San Antonio, TX

#7 Apr 26, 2011
TeamComal wrote:
Dear MarciasCoworkerAndFriend...the extended Comal ISD family completely agrees with you and is most appreciative of your defending your friend, our profession, and the district that we love so much. We wish Marcia's family peace during this very difficult time.
To A1mom...perhaps it's best that you and your kids are in NEISD.
To Lord of War...shame on you.
I have no shame. I am the Lord Of War! I spread hate and discontent throughout the land. Enjoy the spoils of knowledge I bequeath to you.
Friend to Marcia

Canyon Lake, TX

#8 Apr 27, 2011
Marcia was truly one of the nicest people I have ever known, and she had a beautiful family. She will be missed beyond calculation. May the Lord comfort her family during their time of sorrow, as He now holds her closely to Him.
Marcias League of Enemies

San Antonio, TX

#9 Apr 28, 2011
We are angry that Marcia has gotten so much attention for basically being a do nothing. Once we realized that the entire district is incompetent or inept, then it began to make sense why Marcia was selected as she seemed to be the lesser of all evils.
ProudToBeATeache r

Mabank, TX

#10 Apr 28, 2011
The fact that you want to be an "enemy" and that you are "angry" says everything. In general, teachers fight hard to do what they can for kids. I would imagine that any given teacher would be on at least one person or family's bad side if they suddenly passed away. I sure know that I would. However, in the end, we are mostly teachers that could be doing various other things and earning more money but we stick with what we believe in. The career of a public school teacher is no cakewalk. You never know when they are going to run out of money to pay you and you take on much more responsibility than they compensate you for. It's a sad day in America when people criticize a public school teacher two days before her funeral because they had disagreements with her. I feel sorry for those who posted that have so much anger built up inside of them that they can't offer even a little bit of respect for someone who sacrifices for our nation's children. People who speak poorly about those who can no longer defend themselves are found at the bottom of the barrel. The reality is that if Marcia was bad with children in general, she would not have been kept on with the district. She would not have earned any awards. Two months ago, she would not have been sent to California to represent her district at a huge conference intended to bring more technology to the district for the sake of the children. You may have had a bad experience with her but perhaps you need to stop blaming her for that and take a look at yourself (or selves) and your own home. On Saturday, there will be a church full of parents and students in attendance to say one last good by and to thank her for all that she did for us. I pity the previous posters and wish to talk about someone like this just days before her funeral. Your posts have proven that Marcia was not the problem but in fact, it was you and your own families. Marcia was the opposite of you... caring, classy... loving in general. Please support your teachers instead of dragging them through the mud.
Pit Bull

San Antonio, TX

#11 Apr 30, 2011
ProudToBeATeacher wrote:
The fact that you want to be an "enemy" and that you are "angry" says everything. In general, teachers fight hard to do what they can for kids. I would imagine that any given teacher would be on at least one person or family's bad side if they suddenly passed away. I sure know that I would. However, in the end, we are mostly teachers that could be doing various other things and earning more money but we stick with what we believe in. The career of a public school teacher is no cakewalk. You never know when they are going to run out of money to pay you and you take on much more responsibility than they compensate you for. It's a sad day in America when people criticize a public school teacher two days before her funeral because they had disagreements with her. I feel sorry for those who posted that have so much anger built up inside of them that they can't offer even a little bit of respect for someone who sacrifices for our nation's children. People who speak poorly about those who can no longer defend themselves are found at the bottom of the barrel. The reality is that if Marcia was bad with children in general, she would not have been kept on with the district. She would not have earned any awards. Two months ago, she would not have been sent to California to represent her district at a huge conference intended to bring more technology to the district for the sake of the children. You may have had a bad experience with her but perhaps you need to stop blaming her for that and take a look at yourself (or selves) and your own home. On Saturday, there will be a church full of parents and students in attendance to say one last good by and to thank her for all that she did for us. I pity the previous posters and wish to talk about someone like this just days before her funeral. Your posts have proven that Marcia was not the problem but in fact, it was you and your own families. Marcia was the opposite of you... caring, classy... loving in general. Please support your teachers instead of dragging them through the mud.
Yeah right! If you don't like what you do, quit and do something else. Maybe you can put your ankles behind your head and finally please someone for a change...
El Comandante

El Monte, CA

#12 May 1, 2011
Wow, ankles behind her head? Thats a good teaching trait. I'd buy that for a dollar!
a1mom

Boerne, TX

#13 May 9, 2011
I heard that Marcia passed away from apparent suicide. I also heard that she was suffering from many years of abuse from her husband that led her to take her life. It's sad that she had no real support from friends, family or the Comal ISD that she had to end her life. She must have felt very much alone. Despite all she did, good and bad, I feel sorry for her and her family.
Family

Riverview, FL

#15 May 10, 2011
a1mom wrote:
I heard that Marcia passed away from apparent suicide. I also heard that she was suffering from many years of abuse from her husband that led her to take her life. It's sad that she had no real support from friends, family or the Comal ISD that she had to end her life. She must have felt very much alone. Despite all she did, good and bad, I feel sorry for her and her family.
a1mom,now you feel bad?? Are you kidding? You started this thread! Thanks for that and shame on you. Nice role model for your children. I know Marcia was living when you started it but you gave this thread life on the internet. You know how far reaching social media is, yet you did it anyway.

Marcia was part of my family. You are correct about the suicide but incorrect about being abused by her husband. But again, thanks for posting things on the internet about her, even things that are not correct. Could your original nasty post have had something to do with her taking her life? Did you stop to think of that? would that make you feel good that you "got her"?

The details surrounding her death are, frankly, none of your business. Thank you to those of you who have had fun at the expense of a dead person. Her husband and teenage children have really had their eyes opened as to what low lifes are out there on the internet.

Are you really an a 1 mom? Because you are not an a 1 human. I'd like to say I hope none of you are ever the butt of something like this - but, actually I do hope you are. And please, reply however you'd like to this posting. Maybe it will help your self esteem to denegrade me, Marcia, whoever. I wasn't about to allow you post slanderous info about her husband and not respond almom.
a1mom

Boerne, TX

#16 May 16, 2011
MarciasCoworkerAndFriend wrote:
I feel sorry for you, I really do. As a teacher, I realize that not all students and parents will get along with each teacher, including me. But we give it our best and indeed DO try to please everyone. The last time I saw Marcia was on the last night before Good Friday. I thought that I would be the last one out of the building as everyone else raced home to their families to start up their Easter weekends. I was wrong. Marcia walked out right behind me and I walk to her car with her. She was one of the sweetest people I have ever met. To joke about death is quite sad. You may have known Marcia professionally and had differences but Marcia was also a mother, a husband, and a friend to many. Her colleagues are devastated. We have to tell the kids tomorrow morning. It is going to be painful. You may want to go hug your mother. You never know when this can happen. I hope that when she does go, no one makes a joke about it.
I never once joked about her death. My mother passed away in Jan, so I understand how painful this is. My original post was made way before she passed away. I still stand by what I said. I know of a few families that were almost torn apart by Marcia's false allegations of "supposed" abuse of their kids. It was like she was trying to be a "hero" stirring stuff up that wasn't there. In each case everything was dismissed. She more than likely had guilt regarding this.
a1mom

Boerne, TX

#17 May 16, 2011
Family wrote:
<quoted text>
a1mom,now you feel bad?? Are you kidding? You started this thread! Thanks for that and shame on you. Nice role model for your children. I know Marcia was living when you started it but you gave this thread life on the internet. You know how far reaching social media is, yet you did it anyway.
Marcia was part of my family. You are correct about the suicide but incorrect about being abused by her husband. But again, thanks for posting things on the internet about her, even things that are not correct. Could your original nasty post have had something to do with her taking her life? Did you stop to think of that? would that make you feel good that you "got her"?
The details surrounding her death are, frankly, none of your business. Thank you to those of you who have had fun at the expense of a dead person. Her husband and teenage children have really had their eyes opened as to what low lifes are out there on the internet.
Are you really an a 1 mom? Because you are not an a 1 human. I'd like to say I hope none of you are ever the butt of something like this - but, actually I do hope you are. And please, reply however you'd like to this posting. Maybe it will help your self esteem to denegrade me, Marcia, whoever. I wasn't about to allow you post slanderous info about her husband and not respond almom.
My information was given to me by a few of her fellow teachers at Mountain Valley. So much for confidentiality of your co-workers.
a1mom

Boerne, TX

#18 May 16, 2011
:(
Lord of War

San Antonio, TX

#19 May 16, 2011
a1mom wrote:
<quoted text>
My information was given to me by a few of her fellow teachers at Mountain Valley. So much for confidentiality of your co-workers.
Sometimes the best information is given out by your co-workers. They seem to be your friends, but in the end they stab you in the back and twist the blade ever so deeply. Best thing to do is keep your friends at a distance and your enemys close...
billybob

Boerne, TX

#20 May 16, 2011
So sorry for the loss of this teacher, but apparently there must have been some form of mental illness/depression that got the best of her. Most people do not know what really is going on in someone's home, unless you're living there day after day. A post from a concerned parent would not push her over the edge. She obviously had some underlying issues that weren't dealt with properly. Stop pointing fingers "family"
Family

Riverview, FL

#21 May 16, 2011
billybob wrote:
So sorry for the loss of this teacher, but apparently there must have been some form of mental illness/depression that got the best of her. Most people do not know what really is going on in someone's home, unless you're living there day after day. A post from a concerned parent would not push her over the edge. She obviously had some underlying issues that weren't dealt with properly. Stop pointing fingers "family"
Not pointing fingers about the reason for the death. I'm pointing fingers about a1mom posting things on the internet that she does not know are true. I was pointing out that because someone started an internet thread about another person for the world to see and presumably to hurt that person that it got out of hand as these things can and do. It continued after her death and got others involved making nasty comments. Then the person who started the whole thing posted incorrect allegations about other family members and was claiming to feel badly about the death. But really, if there were already some issues do think almom's comments helped anything if they were seen? Doubtful.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Canyon Lake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) 15 hr 98 Degree Diarrhea 595
Any Good Company? Dec 14 LoverZ06 1
Behind Taco Bell Dec 8 brad 1
Brandon Newman Dec 5 concerned friend 4
Any women want to hook up Dec 5 JLP 4
I want to know your opinions! Dec 5 Beejay 2
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Nov 29 Fartology 752
Canyon Lake Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Canyon Lake People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Canyon Lake News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Canyon Lake

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 5:16 am PST

NBC Sports 5:16AM
Chuck Pagano: It will take all hands on deck to contain Dez Bryant
Bleacher Report 5:28 AM
Romo Not Only at His Best, Could Be NFL's MVP
Bleacher Report 6:44 AM
Breaking Down Colts' Game Plan vs. Cowboys
Bleacher Report 6:59 AM
Ravens vs. Texans: Breaking Down Baltimore's Keys to the Game
NBC Sports 9:14 AM
Case Keenum looks like the Texans' starter, by default