3 districts push bond, tax-boost init...

3 districts push bond, tax-boost initiatives

There are 43 comments on the El Paso Times story from Apr 30, 2011, titled 3 districts push bond, tax-boost initiatives. In it, El Paso Times reports that:

Canutillo school district superintendent Damon Murphy gave a pep talk to a crowd of about 75 supporters of the district's bond initiative and Tax Radification Election Saturday along Doniphan Drive in Canutillo Saturday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at El Paso Times.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
No to Taxes

United States

#41 May 4, 2011
your right wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, VOTE NO. We are already paying for all the kids from across the border to attend our schools, while they are not paying the taxes that we are. Stop those coming across the border to attend our schools, that will save money. Not saying they don't deserve an education, however not so I can pay MORE in taxes that are already ridiculously high as stated above, while they pay none.
You are so right.
Rick Perry

El Paso, TX

#43 May 7, 2011
let them eat cake!!

why do you guys have to pass bonds?

Oh right because the funding coming from me, er the state, isn't enough.

Thats called shifting the burden to local districts!

haha you paid taxes to the state so we would fund public education and really we are looking at a big mess because I cant manage anything. Im planning to cut 8 billion in public ed funding and even though your congressmen secured your area school districts 4 million dollars in fed funding, Im going to keep that money to fill our budget hole.

You're welcome!
Rick Perry

El Paso, TX

#44 May 7, 2011
NO taxes!

Everything should be free in America!

Yeah!

somehow the saying "nothing comes free" just doesnt apply to taxes. I mean we are living in the 'greatest' nation on earth but that doesn't mean our rent (aka taxes) should be high, does it?

You pay for what you get folks. Bare bones minimum for public ed funding gets you a bare bone education that most certainly cant compete.$1,000 is what we pay to educate each student in TX. Think about that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Canutillo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Woman charged with fraud in alleged Ariana Gran... (Oct '15) Apr 5 A fan 14
la tuna federal prison camp (Apr '06) Mar '17 Smkelly 284
News Canutillo considers opposing low-income housing Feb '17 butters_ 1
Vinton Music Thread Feb '17 Musikologist 2
News Immigrants fear license checks (Nov '06) Aug '16 DC Dave 21
News Severe weather warnings issued in Borderland (Aug '16) Aug '16 huey goins 3
News Obama commutes life sentence of El Pasoan (Aug '16) Aug '16 Dirk Butterworth 9

Canutillo Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Canutillo Mortgages