El Paso, Ysleta among school district...

El Paso, Ysleta among school districts announcing Friday closures

There are 17 comments on the El Paso Times story from Feb 3, 2011, titled El Paso, Ysleta among school districts announcing Friday closures. In it, El Paso Times reports that:

El Paso, Canutillo, Anthony, Ysleta and San Elizario independent school districts will remain closed on Friday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at El Paso Times.

fabens close friday tooo

El Paso, TX

#1 Feb 3, 2011
I havent taken a shower fabens district should close friday too i have to water to take a shower vamos a ir todos jediondos y apestosos sin shower
Karla

El Paso, TX

#2 Feb 3, 2011
Important Announcements
Out of concern for public safety and at the request of the Emergency Management Center, Socorro ISD schools and District offices will remain closed Friday, February 4th. For school schedule updates and additional information, please continue to visit the District Web site at www.sisd.net or tune into local media programming.
Clubber

San Antonio, TX

#3 Feb 3, 2011
fabens close friday tooo wrote:
I havent taken a shower fabens district should close friday too i have to water to take a shower vamos a ir todos jediondos y apestosos sin shower
Please stay off the crack.
Holliday UTEP

El Paso, TX

#4 Feb 3, 2011
Hooray! Friday is the new Cezar Chavez day! Celebrate and enjoy.
Anon

El Paso, TX

#5 Feb 3, 2011
Why hasn't Fort Hancock closed? We don't got water and we get power from el paso electric two.
Charla

El Paso, TX

#6 Feb 3, 2011
Will the YMCA and YWCA's be closed as well?
Indigo

El Paso, TX

#7 Feb 3, 2011
Do the school districts have to make up those days? How does it work?
ept

El Paso, TX

#8 Feb 3, 2011
Indigo wrote:
As of now, EPISD is making up the first day missed of school (Wednesday) which will be made up Memorial Day, which was a holiday. The other two days I am not sure on. I've heard because of "emergency" situations that they may not be made up, but that is just based off of rumors and innuendo.
Just an Old El Pasoan

Nihon'odori, Japan

#9 Feb 3, 2011
The only way to get a waiver to lower the number of days to the school year is for the state legislature to make it law. They will have to make up all the days otherwise.

I know this because when LBJ died, the state legislature went into special session to close schools and state offices the day of the funeral. I was in 8th grade and helped to change all the attendance cards that year from 180 to 179 at Terrace Hills.
johnny chingas

El Paso, TX

#10 Feb 4, 2011
Just an Old El Pasoan wrote:
The only way to get a waiver to lower the number of days to the school year is for the state legislature to make it law. They will have to make up all the days otherwise.
I know this because when LBJ died, the state legislature went into special session to close schools and state offices the day of the funeral. I was in 8th grade and helped to change all the attendance cards that year from 180 to 179 at Terrace Hills.
no mames wey since the 70s no mames......

it will be made up on saturdays episd is losing money off of this sh....,it
Joe

El Paso, TX

#11 Feb 4, 2011
I heard a rumor that they are going to cancel some/all of Spring Break. For UTEP, at least. I hope that's not what happens!
Jojo

El Paso, TX

#12 Feb 4, 2011
Ft Hancock ISD is closed
makeup days

El Paso, TX

#13 Feb 4, 2011
UTEP will probably cut spring break by 3 days, giving students only Thurs and Fri off.. at least they'll still have a 4 day weekend to go to ruidoso or somewhere close by.
HDog

Las Cruces, NM

#14 Feb 4, 2011
Joe wrote:
I heard a rumor that they are going to cancel some/all of Spring Break. For UTEP, at least. I hope that's not what happens!
Spring Break? What's that? I never had "Spring Break" when I was in school. Makes sense for all ISDs, UTEP, EPCC, NMSU and DACC to make up these "snow" days during Spring Break. That way it's done and over with and they don't have to extend the school year at the end of May. Makes too much sense, so it probably will not happen.
james russell

El Paso, TX

#15 Feb 4, 2011
Indigo wrote:
Your school has to make up all snow or weather related days off at the end of the year. so if you have made plans to leave the last day of school this year you are going to have to reset by at least three days. More if there are nay more bad weather days ahead.
HDog

Las Cruces, NM

#16 Feb 4, 2011
makeup days wrote:
UTEP will probably cut spring break by 3 days, giving students only Thurs and Fri off.. at least they'll still have a 4 day weekend to go to ruidoso or somewhere close by.
There are NO Spring Breaks in the real working world, so these college (and high school) kids need to get used to it. Four days off are more than enough time to relax. Bunch of crybabies.
Alabama

El Paso, TX

#17 Feb 5, 2011
HDog wrote:
<quoted text>
There are NO Spring Breaks in the real working world, so these college (and high school) kids need to get used to it. Four days off are more than enough time to relax. Bunch of crybabies.
seems to me your the crybaby

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Canutillo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Former El Paso County sheriff's deputy indicted... Aug 29 DC Dave 6
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Aug 17 District farts 977
News El Paso Outlet Mall Embraces Black Friday (Nov '07) Aug 16 huey goins 2
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Aug 15 More farts 790
News U.S. Marshals searching for escaped La Tuna pri... Jul '15 butters_ 2
i live in el Paso tx , anyone willing to f**k a... Jul '15 curious 1
News Weather service warns of possible icy roads Thu... (Jan '15) Jan '15 cat2009 13
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Canutillo Mortgages