Canutillo High School students speak ...

Canutillo High School students speak out against violence in Juarez

There are 26 comments on the El Paso Times story from Jan 27, 2011, titled Canutillo High School students speak out against violence in Juarez. In it, El Paso Times reports that:

More than 300 seniors spoke out against the violence in JuA rez today at Canutillo High School.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at El Paso Times.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Hello

United States

#1 Jan 27, 2011
es alto a la violencia
pff
It is Easy

United States

#2 Jan 27, 2011
Just say NO to drugs.
Webster1027

El Paso, TX

#3 Jan 27, 2011
Get together with hammers in your hands and protect our borders AND our Border Patrols officers from the illegals, cartel and murderers coming over to El Paso.
I am @%$# tired of seeing Mexican plates in our public schools and in our neighborhoods. Those violators are getting away from paying taxes while we have to insure, inspect, and register our vehicles while the wetbacks get away with it.
Citizen G

United States

#4 Jan 27, 2011
Commendable but it's not going to do anything to stop the violence. As long as they (cartels) have free reign to act as they wish in a city where local and federal police can't solve or prevent any crimes then it'll continue.
like it is

El Paso, TX

#5 Jan 27, 2011
This is ridiculous,intsead of protesting things that concern our city and country,they do the oppisite I am effen tired of this crap here,how about protesting about street lights or protest about classes being full because of all the chuntaritos that are taking the space.but then again its canutillo and the town speaks for itself... agree?
End Violence

El Paso, TX

#6 Jan 27, 2011
Alcohol is LEGAL
Tobacco is LEGAL.

Do the Cartels or street gangs sell these legal commodities?

NO.
WHY?

Black market drug dealers cannot compete with legally controlled and regulated marketplaces.
If drug were legalized, the cartels would no longer exist. The Alcohol cartels of Al Capone were finished once Alcohol Prohibition was repealed.

During Prohibition, people went from drinking beer and wine to drinking gin and whiskey. Boot leggers were only interested in the more potent and concentrated substances because they incurred less risk and generated more profits.

The same is happening with today's drug dealers. Why would a drug dealer sell Coca leaves when they can sell a more powerfully concentrated product like cocaine that is also more profitable.

CRACK and METH were invented by drug dealers looking for ways to expand their profits with less product. We can thank the black market premium created by prohibition laws for these dangerous drugs.

Legalization will undermine the profits of the drug dealer and they will eventually disband. Remember, the profits from a black market is what allows them to earn billions. This money is used to buy weapons, pay hit men, corrupt public officials, and wage country destabilizing wars.

Drug addicts need to be helped, not arrested and treated like animals.

End drug prohibition, build more rehab centers and shut down the unconstitutional DEA…
Paulie Man

United States

#7 Jan 27, 2011
Yup...protesting will solve everything...
Chuco Town Hustler

El Paso, TX

#8 Jan 27, 2011
like it is wrote:
This is ridiculous,intsead of protesting things that concern our city and country,they do the oppisite I am effen tired of this crap here,how about protesting about street lights or protest about classes being full because of all the chuntaritos that are taking the space.but then again its canutillo and the town speaks for itself... agree?
You start off by saying violence in Juarez doesn't affect El Paso and then have complaints that result from the violence in Juarez. I like the way you argue!
Pete

El Paso, TX

#9 Jan 27, 2011
Waste of time. Nice try students. But your message is going nowhere. How sad that many people are dying over there.
Yeah

El Paso, TX

#10 Jan 27, 2011
End Violence wrote:
Alcohol is LEGAL
Tobacco is LEGAL.
Do the Cartels or street gangs sell these legal commodities?
NO.
WHY?
Black market drug dealers cannot compete with legally controlled and regulated marketplaces.
If drug were legalized, the cartels would no longer exist. The Alcohol cartels of Al Capone were finished once Alcohol Prohibition was repealed.
During Prohibition, people went from drinking beer and wine to drinking gin and whiskey. Boot leggers were only interested in the more potent and concentrated substances because they incurred less risk and generated more profits.
The same is happening with today's drug dealers. Why would a drug dealer sell Coca leaves when they can sell a more powerfully concentrated product like cocaine that is also more profitable.
CRACK and METH were invented by drug dealers looking for ways to expand their profits with less product. We can thank the black market premium created by prohibition laws for these dangerous drugs.
Legalization will undermine the profits of the drug dealer and they will eventually disband. Remember, the profits from a black market is what allows them to earn billions. This money is used to buy weapons, pay hit men, corrupt public officials, and wage country destabilizing wars.
Drug addicts need to be helped, not arrested and treated like animals.
End drug prohibition, build more rehab centers and shut down the unconstitutional DEA…
Yeah thats all we need is more drunk, coke up and high people out there and especially driving.

Yeah legalize drugs and we all will be safer. Yeah right.
Yeah

El Paso, TX

#12 Jan 27, 2011
Paulie Man wrote:
Yup...protesting will solve everything...
Ditto.
Pardon me

Fort Worth, TX

#13 Jan 27, 2011
Please don't take this in a rude way, but..... how many of these high school seniors are here legally? From what I know of Canutillo, only about 1% of the students actually make it to college, from that percentage only about another 10% actually make it through college. A bunch of these students will end up being deadbeats, heck, I bet that over 50% of them are already moms and dads, living off my taxes. nufd said.....
Just what I was thinking

United States

#14 Jan 27, 2011
QUOTE who="Webster1027" Get together with hammers in your hands and protect our borders AND our Border Patrols officers from the illegals, cartel and murderers coming over to El Paso.
I am @%$# tired of seeing Mexican plates in our public schools and in our neighborhoods. Those violators are getting away from paying taxes while we have to insure, inspect, and register our vehicles while the wetbacks get away with it.
Excactly im tired also and the rest of us....go back to Mexico, and for students PROTEST in MEXICO no the Great Country!!
WOW

El Paso, TX

#15 Jan 27, 2011
Pete wrote:
Waste of time. Nice try students. But your message is going nowhere. How sad that many people are dying over there.
Keep in mind that the people that are dying over there are involved.

Less animals to worry about.
Rachel

Seminole, FL

#16 Jan 27, 2011
Pointless waste of student time and taxpayer money!
elpwest

El Paso, TX

#17 Jan 27, 2011
Commendable but sad. A total waste of time. There are so many other things that these kids could have been positively involved in.
learn something

El Paso, TX

#19 Jan 27, 2011
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah thats all we need is more drunk, coke up and high people out there and especially driving.
Yeah legalize drugs and we all will be safer. Yeah right.
good point.. we don't need people driving under the influence. But what evidence do you have to say that driving under the influence of illegal drugs has caused any significant number of crashes. With 52 percent of Americans having admitted to using an illegal drug its evident they're driving under the influence of drugs. Ever heard of a coke user or stoned driver killing anyone?

Not likely.. It's just the nature of alcohol. Even if drugs were legalized.. there would still be laws against driving under the influence.

You must understand that keeping drugs illegal makes it impossible for addicts to get help.

You must understand that keeping drugs illegal makes drug dealers rich. They have the means to buy guns, hire hit men, and wreak havoc on our streets. That's a greater hazard to all communities.

KEEping drugs illegal means drug dealers have complete control of drugs. That means on quality control. Prohibition is the reason drug dealers introduced previously unknown drugs before the drug war was started. Crack and meth were invented by illegal dealers under drug prohibition.

End the drug war...
ohmygosh

El Paso, TX

#20 Jan 27, 2011
nice gesture but unfortunately these criminals will don't care who or how many times people protest, all they care about is themselves and getting rich and powerful.. stupid criminals need to straightened out their lives before it's too late!

Since: Sep 10

Albuquerque, NM

#21 Jan 27, 2011
I understand where you are coming from , but the blame should not be on these people from Mexico. They are doing what most people would do; the blame is on our politicians who allow this to happen by playing politics and not enforcing our immigration laws. Our polititicans are allowing this to happen and they have the power to stop it, so who is at fault?
Webster1027 wrote:
Get together with hammers in your hands and protect our borders AND our Border Patrols officers from the illegals, cartel and murderers coming over to El Paso.
Wow

Dallas, TX

#22 Jan 27, 2011
Pardon me wrote:
Please don't take this in a rude way, but..... how many of these high school seniors are here legally? From what I know of Canutillo, only about 1% of the students actually make it to college, from that percentage only about another 10% actually make it through college. A bunch of these students will end up being deadbeats, heck, I bet that over 50% of them are already moms and dads, living off my taxes. nufd said.....
ha now ur a racist little ass arnt you

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Canutillo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Vinton Music Thread (Dec '16) Jun '17 Musikologist 3
la tuna federal prison camp (Apr '06) May '17 Rafa 285
News Five arrested in school cheating indictments in... (Apr '16) May '17 Sniffable farts b... 15
News El Paso early voting for May 6 election dismal Apr '17 uIDIOTRACEMAKEWOR... 2
News Woman charged with fraud in alleged Ariana Gran... (Oct '15) Apr '17 A fan 14
News Canutillo considers opposing low-income housing (Feb '17) Feb '17 butters_ 1
News Immigrants fear license checks (Nov '06) Aug '16 DC Dave 21

Canutillo Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Canutillo Mortgages