"Decision Canutillo" draws supporters...

"Decision Canutillo" draws supporters of bond initiative

There are 31 comments on the El Paso Times story from Apr 30, 2011, titled "Decision Canutillo" draws supporters of bond initiative. In it, El Paso Times reports that:

Samantha Barbosa and other Cantuillo Middle School cheerleaders held signs supporing the Canutillo school district's "Decision Canutillo" effort Saturday along Doniphan Drive in Canutillo.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at El Paso Times.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Joe

El Paso, TX

#22 May 1, 2011
The Canutillo students are apparently not learning math at all because they have zero understanding that people cannot afford the big tax increase.
The Judge

United States

#23 May 2, 2011
miguel martinez wrote:
hey all you people that vote no shut up im a student at cms and we dont wanna see some of our new teachers and old ones that we know and love get fired the new ones are just starting there careers and then get fired thats just wrong and i disagree he/she graduated from college studying education for nothing please vote yes all of the students and teachers at campus need your support we're begging you!!!
Miguel, "Knowledge should be advanced at all costs", but perhaps one day you will understand the politics involved in the education field (school boards, over paid Superintendents", wasteful spending. Remember one thing, "Imagination is more important than knowledge, knowledge is limited, Imagination encircles the world".
The Judge

United States

#24 May 3, 2011
It is very obvious that Dr. Murphy and board President Sergio Coronado have the whole school district from teachers, coaches (teacher helpers) to students traumatized. I have never seen an effort so profound or pervasive or influenced so determined to have the school bond and TRE pass! Walking the streets of the community on a Saturday trying to convince voters to vote yes on the issue. Is it really the "kids" interest they are looking after? Perhaps I'm just overwhelmed or I guess I'm just cautions of being led down the same old road again!
Supporter

United States

#25 May 3, 2011
Joe wrote:
The Canutillo students are apparently not learning math at all because they have zero understanding that people cannot afford the big tax increase.
Get real "Joe", we cannot afford gas prices either but we have to deal with it. The fight is not here, it should be with the state legislators who have failed the education system miserably so that our mighty governor could get re-elected and support his "good ol' boy" oil billionaires. Look at your tax bill from 5 years ago, we have been enjoying low school taxes since then. Its time to pay whats due.
Obama bin Biden

El Paso, TX

#26 May 3, 2011
to Obama bi Biden wrote:
"These people" are quite aware and well informed that voting for the bond and T.R.E. will increase taxes. Who doesn't nowadays?????? It's all you hear in the news.
Nope you are wrong.
Most of these people are on welfare assistance anyway and don't care.
The Judge

United States

#27 May 3, 2011
Supporter wrote:
<quoted text>
Get real "Joe", we cannot afford gas prices either but we have to deal with it. The fight is not here, it should be with the state legislators who have failed the education system miserably so that our mighty governor could get re-elected and support his "good ol' boy" oil billionaires. Look at your tax bill from 5 years ago, we have been enjoying low school taxes since then. Its time to pay whats due.
It is bad enough to deal with gas prices, now you want us to deal with not one but two tax burdens on top of fuel prices! Perhaps in the future if the economy stabilizes and we have a different school board and administrators maybe we might get a tax increase passed.
Tired of paying more

El Paso, TX

#28 May 3, 2011
Tim Holt wrote:
They can only vote for ONE TRE. Once it is approved, then no school district can approve another.
Another thing that you may not know:
For every $1 raised in local taxes, the state will pretty much match. So actually, the voters in CISD are voting to approve a 2 to 1 deal in the TRE.
Also, the state is projecting that CISD will LOSE about $3.5 million in the next biennium due to the bad policies of our elected legislators. So, where does that shortfall come from? IT either is made up for in the TRE or it is cut from the budget.
The question everyone needs to ask is this: Does the vote I make help or hurt the kids in CISD? If you think it will help, vote yes. If you think it will hurt them, vote no. Simple.
I wonder what Mr. Holt voted for the last 2 times we the fed up tax payers said NOOOOOOO.
Tired of paying more

El Paso, TX

#29 May 3, 2011
miguel martinez wrote:
<quoted text>you don't understand man the reason we started hiring the new teachers is because theres allot of students i mean at the beginning of the year before they started hiring i remember there was about 32 people in my English class and we were all clumbered up and squished in one room and dont say the kids story is getting old cuz its more than just kids they dont make us participate we do it ourselves we will love our teachers and will miss them when you fire them so we are asking please VOTE YES!!!!
....Hey Miguelito...Who taught you English? Is that what my hard earned dollars paid for? Either you haven't learned proper English construction and speech or we are paying for teachers that should be on the unemployment roll. Get a life kid. Why don't you give me some of your money so I can go to the movies and buy a burger.
The Judge

El Paso, TX

#30 May 4, 2011
Tired of paying more wrote:
<quoted text>....Hey Miguelito...Who taught you English? Is that what my hard earned dollars paid for? Either you haven't learned proper English construction and speech or we are paying for teachers that should be on the unemployment roll. Get a life kid. Why don't you give me some of your money so I can go to the movies and buy a burger.
Someone had to say it, I did not want to offend the kid. And I also wondered if it was a teacher pretending to be a MHS student! Regardless my vote will be NO on both items.
Joe

El Paso, TX

#31 May 7, 2011
Supporter wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you don't pay taxes but some of us do, those of us who pay taxes know the taxes are absurd, way way too high.
you ll be sorry

El Paso, TX

#32 May 7, 2011
Next year when the economic situation is still the same and taxes continue to go up the residents of canutillo will be sorry they every voted for this.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Canutillo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Severe weather warnings issued in Borderland 15 hr huey goins 3
la tuna federal prison camp (Apr '06) Aug 16 John B 281
News Obama commutes life sentence of El Pasoan Aug 6 Dirk Butterworth 9
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Jun '16 robert 994
News Five arrested in school cheating indictments in... May '16 Petro 2
News Stabbing suspect surrenders (Dec '05) Dec '15 Garry TURDeau 2
News Romero criticizes El Paso Times investigation (Nov '15) Nov '15 chicken little 5

Canutillo Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Canutillo Mortgages