"Decision Canutillo" draws supporters of bond initiative

Full story: El Paso Times

Samantha Barbosa and other Cantuillo Middle School cheerleaders held signs supporing the Canutillo school district's "Decision Canutillo" effort Saturday along Doniphan Drive in Canutillo.
Comments
1 - 20 of 31 Comments Last updated May 7, 2011
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Obama bin Biden

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2011

Judged:

These people don't even understand if they vote for this, they are voting for a tax increase.
Sun Ra

Canton, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2011

Spell check, EP Times! It's ratification, not radification.
to Obama bi Biden

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2011

Judged:

"These people" are quite aware and well informed that voting for the bond and T.R.E. will increase taxes. Who doesn't nowadays?????? It's all you hear in the news.
newtoelpaso

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2011

Judged:

Remember, it's for the children ;(
ohmygosh

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2011

Save your homes, vote NO!!!
election

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2011

murphy is doing the same tactics he was a part of in episd.illegal actions while he gets our taxpayers money.dont be fooled.
VOTE NO

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2011

Judged:

BE SMART, VOTE NO!!! Your money will only be good for this year and next year they'll be demanding another tax increase to "save" their schools.. With or without the increase students will be just fine, and at the end, that's what really matters!
Tim Holt

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2011

Judged:

They can only vote for ONE TRE. Once it is approved, then no school district can approve another.

Another thing that you may not know:
For every $1 raised in local taxes, the state will pretty much match. So actually, the voters in CISD are voting to approve a 2 to 1 deal in the TRE.

Also, the state is projecting that CISD will LOSE about $3.5 million in the next biennium due to the bad policies of our elected legislators. So, where does that shortfall come from? IT either is made up for in the TRE or it is cut from the budget.

The question everyone needs to ask is this: Does the vote I make help or hurt the kids in CISD? If you think it will help, vote yes. If you think it will hurt them, vote no. Simple.
Joe

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2011

Obama bin Biden wrote:
These people don't even understand if they vote for this, they are voting for a tax increase.
Welfare recipients don't pay taxes. Most likely they're living in Section 8 housing and have no clue the damage this will do. They have no concept of what it means to work for a living and have all your wages confiscated.
canutillo election

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2011

Judged:

the spin goes from episd to canutillo.these districts will not lose funds because of "bad policies from our elected legislators".bad and illegal mismanagement from the administrators and board trustees are the clear reasons of their predicaments.pretty evident, you can put lipstick on a pig,but at the end of the elections, well its still a .....taxpayers arent that gullible,keep spinning.
ohmygosh

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2011

Judged:

Tim Holt wrote:
They can only vote for ONE TRE. Once it is approved, then no school district can approve another.
Another thing that you may not know:
For every $1 raised in local taxes, the state will pretty much match. So actually, the voters in CISD are voting to approve a 2 to 1 deal in the TRE.
Also, the state is projecting that CISD will LOSE about $3.5 million in the next biennium due to the bad policies of our elected legislators. So, where does that shortfall come from? IT either is made up for in the TRE or it is cut from the budget.
The question everyone needs to ask is this: Does the vote I make help or hurt the kids in CISD? If you think it will help, vote yes. If you think it will hurt them, vote no. Simple.
the "kids" story is getting old.. at the end of the day, if you vote YES or NO, kids will still be the same, they will be fine. don't try to use the kids as an excuse to raise taxes, shame on you! seriously, that's low.
miguel martinez

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2011

Judged:

hey all you people that vote no shut up im a student at cms and we dont wanna see some of our new teachers and old ones that we know and love get fired the new ones are just starting there careers and then get fired thats just wrong and i disagree he/she graduated from college studying education for nothing please vote yes all of the students and teachers at campus need your support we're begging you!!!
miguel martinez

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2011

yo hurry up sam put something
Samantha Barboza

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2011

Judged:

hey thats me in the picture!,
i look nice(:
well anyways, what Miguel said vote yes!,
i'm a student at CMS, i just don't want teachers getting fired and letting our education down. we need education to be successful in life! i want a good education to collage.
Barbaro

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2011

Cool picture, I hope this inspires you to do good things. END HORSE SLAUGHTER
miguel martinez

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2011

Judged:

miguel martinez wrote:
you look gorgeous that the best word i could think of see im educated to :)
that was my sister
The Judge

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2011

ohmygosh wrote:
<quoted text>
the "kids" story is getting old.. at the end of the day, if you vote YES or NO, kids will still be the same, they will be fine. don't try to use the kids as an excuse to raise taxes, shame on you! seriously, that's low.
Since Tim is on the stake holders committee of hand selected "community members" he really feels he is doing something for the community. "What is a committee? A group of the unwilling picked from the unfit, to do the unnecessary". Again I must express my choice in voting NO for money that will again be administered in a wasteful unneeded schools proposed on the east side of I-10,(the new schools are pet projects of the Sergio Coronado administration) the primary reason administration and the present school board are solely for the taxation of the highly priced homes. It is very obvious that residents of those neighborhoods would rather belong to the EPISD than CISD,(a deal could be arranged with EPISD to claim that part of the county with a possible cut of the taxes to CISD) there is $15 million from the 2006 bond election that could go in repairs and maintain the teachers needed for the operations of the schools already in existence (there are numerous empty classrooms in different campuses around the district). Land on bosque (hundreds of acres) road which belongs to the PSB (the PSB is mainly interested in the water rights) could be leased from them at a fraction of the cost Dr. Murphy and the present school board want to spend.
miguel martinez

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2011

The Judge wrote:
<quoted text>Since Tim is on the stake holders committee of hand selected "community members" he really feels he is doing something for the community. "What is a committee? A group of the unwilling picked from the unfit, to do the unnecessary". Again I must express my choice in voting NO for money that will again be administered in a wasteful unneeded schools proposed on the east side of I-10,(the new schools are pet projects of the Sergio Coronado administration) the primary reason administration and the present school board are solely for the taxation of the highly priced homes. It is very obvious that residents of those neighborhoods would rather belong to the EPISD than CISD,(a deal could be arranged with EPISD to claim that part of the county with a possible cut of the taxes to CISD) there is $15 million from the 2006 bond election that could go in repairs and maintain the teachers needed for the operations of the schools already in existence (there are numerous empty classrooms in different campuses around the district). Land on bosque (hundreds of acres) road which belongs to the PSB (the PSB is mainly interested in the water rights) could be leased from them at a fraction of the cost Dr. Murphy and the present school board want to spend.
you don't understand man the reason we started hiring the new teachers is because theres allot of students i mean at the beginning of the year before they started hiring i remember there was about 32 people in my English class and we were all clumbered up and squished in one room and dont say the kids story is getting old cuz its more than just kids they dont make us participate we do it ourselves we will love our teachers and will miss them when you fire them so we are asking please VOTE YES!!!!
luis valdez

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2011

ppl please vote for this election we would really appreciate having a better school and encouragments for being better in school we would really appreciate your support.

Luis Valdez, actual student of Canutillo Middle School
Samantha Barboza

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2011

luis valdez wrote:
ppl please vote for this election we would really appreciate having a better school and encouragments for being better in school we would really appreciate your support.
Luis Valdez, actual student of Canutillo Middle School
and please vote yes!,
we need a good education, and if we dont have teachers then, how are we going to learn?
please vote Y E S

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Canutillo Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Canutillo People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••