Poll: Voters back Canutillo bond

Poll: Voters back Canutillo bond

There are 42 comments on the El Paso Times story from Apr 27, 2011, titled Poll: Voters back Canutillo bond. In it, El Paso Times reports that:

Voters in the Canutillo Independent School District are more interested in a tax increase to build and maintain schools than in helping fund the maintenance and operation of the district, according to a new El Paso Times poll.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at El Paso Times.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Joe

El Paso, TX

#45 May 7, 2011
Canutillo Graduate wrote:
In response to the Judge: You are right about Canutillo ISD being "top heavy" and one of the board members suing the district. Problem is, many residents were not aware of the situation. I could go on and on about residents from Mexico attending Canutillo schools and people with New Mexico license plates. What we need is someone who will put their foot down and say, "Look, this is how it's going to be run." CISD could sure use someone like yourself to run for boardmember. You'd have my vote.
I am impressed. Some Canutillo graduates are truly educated and smart.

This poster speaks the truth, the root of the problem. It's sure not lack of money, lack of taxes. Taxpayers are hurting big time.
Larry

United States

#46 May 8, 2011
Joe wrote:
Let's hope this poll doesn't represent the majority of voters.
Hopefully like with many polls, they just called up the welfare loafers who of course don't pay taxes and see no problem, they always want more more more but they aren't the ones who have to chip in anything.
No more taxes, the tax rates here are ridiculous.
The sampling was in accordance with accepted statistical practices and was only sampled among "likely voters" so I think the poll is relatively accurate. We need to mobilize our opposition to this in the coming week because next Saturday is the conclusion. The taxers are going door to door so I think we should too. I may start canvassing my neighborhood tomorrow and attempt to galvanize support to vote this thing down. I agree that we are taxed out he wazoo already and I won't pay a dime more for these schools.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Canutillo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
la tuna federal prison camp (Apr '06) Sep '17 808tiger 286
Vinton Music Thread (Dec '16) Jun '17 Musikologist 3
News Five arrested in school cheating indictments in... (Apr '16) May '17 Sniffable farts b... 15
News El Paso early voting for May 6 election dismal Apr '17 uIDIOTRACEMAKEWOR... 2
News Woman charged with fraud in alleged Ariana Gran... (Oct '15) Apr '17 A fan 14
News Canutillo considers opposing low-income housing (Feb '17) Feb '17 butters_ 1
News Immigrants fear license checks (Nov '06) Aug '16 DC Dave 21

Canutillo Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Canutillo Mortgages