Comments
1 - 20 of 26 Comments Last updated Nov 19, 2012
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Uni theodor

United States

#1 Apr 27, 2012
Rush Limberger is a big fat stupid idiot. He makes comments about college tuition costs when he himself barely graduated high school and dropped out of college after 2 semesters

Since: Apr 12

Pensacola, FL

#2 Apr 27, 2012
Uni theodor wrote:
Rush Limberger is a big fat stupid idiot. He makes comments about college tuition costs when he himself barely graduated high school and dropped out of college after 2 semesters
I don't understand how people can take him, or that idiot Bill O'Reilly, seriously. All they spew is barely concealed prejudice and misogynist BS...

Since: Dec 10

Pensacola, FL

#3 Apr 28, 2012
I thought Rush Limbaugh was an entertainer? He makes fun of the left like Maher on Comedy C makes fun of the right. I don't see the big deal.
O'Rielly brings news stories he thinks is interesting and gives his opinion on it, I think there is a show on MSNBC by Rachel Maddow that does the same for left leaning people, watch that instead.
Same thing.

Pensacola, FL

#4 Apr 28, 2012
Sadira Snape wrote:
I thought Rush Limbaugh was an entertainer? He makes fun of the left like Maher on Comedy C makes fun of the right. I don't see the big deal.
O'Rielly brings news stories he thinks is interesting and gives his opinion on it, I think there is a show on MSNBC by Rachel Maddow that does the same for left leaning people, watch that instead.
Same thing.
I do watch that instead. I have yet to hear anything remotely close to the race downing that Limbaugh and O'Reilly are so often spouting. "Obama and Oprah are only successful because they're black." Or how about his "eulogy" to Yankee's owner George Steinbrenner - claiming that Steinbrenner was a “cracker” who created a lot of “African-American millionaires” and “fired a lot of white guys.” Maybe you forget his most recent appalling behavior, when he deemed a college student fighting for the right for birth control to be covered under student's insurance a "slut" and a "prostitute" who just wanted to be paid to have sex. Because that wasn't demeaning enough for him, he continued on to demand she video tape herself having sex so he could "see what he was getting for his money". That isn't entertainment, that is using a public soapbox to spread prejudice and perpetuate the idea of women as sex objects. And don't even get me started on O'Reilly, the man who called Mexican immigrants "wetbacks" on national television. Does that seem like lighthearted "entertainment" to you? It's hate speech. I have yet to see Rachel Maddow declare President Obama an "uppity" black man, or blame minority races and/or women for the problems the country is facing today.

Pensacola, FL

#5 Apr 28, 2012
Sadira Snape wrote:
Same thing.
Also, Comedy Central is not purporting to be an official "news" channel.

Pensacola, FL

#6 Apr 29, 2012
skinnyamercian-minority wrote:
<quoted text>
I do watch that instead. I have yet to hear anything remotely close to the race downing that Limbaugh and O'Reilly are so often spouting. "Obama and Oprah are only successful because they're black." Or how about his "eulogy" to Yankee's owner George Steinbrenner - claiming that Steinbrenner was a “cracker” who created a lot of “African-American millionaires” and “fired a lot of white guys.” Maybe you forget his most recent appalling behavior, when he deemed a college student fighting for the right for birth control to be covered under student's insurance a "slut" and a "prostitute" who just wanted to be paid to have sex. Because that wasn't demeaning enough for him, he continued on to demand she video tape herself having sex so he could "see what he was getting for his money". That isn't entertainment, that is using a public soapbox to spread prejudice and perpetuate the idea of women as sex objects. And don't even get me started on O'Reilly, the man who called Mexican immigrants "wetbacks" on national television. Does that seem like lighthearted "entertainment" to you? It's hate speech. I have yet to see Rachel Maddow declare President Obama an "uppity" black man, or blame minority races and/or women for the problems the country is facing today.
This is because you are bias to the left, everything the right does is wrong. People on the right have a whole bunch of complaints just as viable about the lefts personalities and they are just as bias and hypocritical as the left.
I find it amusing that you try and promote your idealogy by pointing out the real or imaginary faults of your right wing counterparts instead of informing everyone of what your political stance means and is all about.

I am neither left or right. I am independent. But I do vote.

Pensacola, FL

#7 Apr 29, 2012
<quoted text>
Also, Comedy Central is not purporting to be an official "news" channel.
Rush Limbaugh is not a news channel is he? That's who I was comparing it to.

Pensacola, FL

#8 Apr 29, 2012
Sadira Snape wrote:
<quoted text>
Rush Limbaugh is not a news channel is he? That's who I was comparing it to.
He is played on a news radio station...

Pensacola, FL

#9 Apr 29, 2012
Sadira Snape wrote:
<quoted text>
This is because you are bias to the left, everything the right does is wrong. People on the right have a whole bunch of complaints just as viable about the lefts personalities and they are just as bias and hypocritical as the left.
I find it amusing that you try and promote your idealogy by pointing out the real or imaginary faults of your right wing counterparts instead of informing everyone of what your political stance means and is all about.
I'm also independent, but I also strive to be objective. I am telling you that I see blatant suggestions of infringements on civil equality from the right wing that I have yet to see in the left wing. Wanting equality across all races and genders makes me biased to the left? What I am saying is I have not seen racist insinuations from left leaning pundits. If you have quotes or videos of something like that, please present it. I agree with certain right wing stances, particularly the pro-life aspects they fight for. I just happen to think that as American minds are becoming more progressive, open-minded, and more accepting of people who are different then themselves, the right wing support is going to begin to shrink, since so many of the policies they want to push involve inequality and limits on freedom of choice.
Citizen

United States

#10 Apr 30, 2012
Sadira Snape wrote:
<quoted text>
I am independant as well. I was a centrist Republican for years but have shifted toward Independant due to the Republican party's recent drastic shift towards the right. If you think that Rush Limbaugh is simply an entertainer, observe how high level Republicans are terrified of becoming one of his enemies. Let's be honest, MSNBC is the left's pulpit, FOX is the Right's pulpit. Limbaugh, Orielley, Hannity and the like are the mouthpieces for the Republicans, while Rachel Maddow, Ed Shultz, lawrence Odonnell, are the lefts mouthpieces. It is almost impossible to find straight, unbiased political journalism. Yes, Rush Limbaugh is a big fat stupid idiot. The bottom line is that our system has been corrupted to the point of no return with individual liberty and justice replaced with political power and greed. It is going to take a hurricane to wash away the disease that has overwhelmed our government and taken contol away from the people. We have no choice in the upcoming election-just more of the same

Pensacola, FL

#11 Apr 30, 2012
<quoted text>
I'm also independent, but I also strive to be objective. I am telling you that I see blatant suggestions of infringements on civil equality from the right wing that I have yet to see in the left wing. Wanting equality across all races and genders makes me biased to the left? What I am saying is I have not seen racist insinuations from left leaning pundits. If you have quotes or videos of something like that, please present it. I agree with certain right wing stances, particularly the pro-life aspects they fight for. I just happen to think that as American minds are becoming more progressive, open-minded, and more accepting of people who are different then themselves, the right wing support is going to begin to shrink, since so many of the policies they want to push involve inequality and limits on freedom of choice.
I have seen it from both sides. I find politics boring at least arguing over it. I think both side desire equality and that is a non issue. The left and right are polar opposites on issues of morality, maybe thats what you are thinking.
American minds will be what they be and if you are so sure your side is growing and the other side is shrinking, why are you so concerned with these guys.

Pensacola, FL

#12 Apr 30, 2012
Oh and BTW, I am not voting for Obama, why?

Because whether he is black or white, Democrat or Republican, Religious or not, he is just not a very good President.

I voted for him before, though.
JDC

Atlanta, GA

#13 May 2, 2012
My biggest problem with liberals and is generally exclusive to liberals is that they try and silence opposing views.
I have never heard Limbaugh, Beck, Hannity, etc ever say that the people with differing views should be silenced yet I am constantly hearing how these guys along with the entire FoxNews should be shut down.
What gives?
Just counter whatever they say with your side of it and let people decide for themselves.
Childers Felony Record

United States

#14 May 2, 2012
JDC wrote:
My biggest problem with liberals and is generally exclusive to liberals is that they try and silence opposing views.
I have never heard Limbaugh, Beck, Hannity, etc ever say that the people with differing views should be silenced yet I am constantly hearing how these guys along with the entire FoxNews should be shut down.
What gives?
Just counter whatever they say with your side of it and let people decide for themselves.
Your right.....if you let Beck rant on about his conspiracy theories, he will self destruct. Limbaugh, Beck and the like continue to spew hate filled rhetoric and the chips will fall where they may. Maybe, during the 2016 election cycle, the Right Nut Wingers will realize that the hate filled bile that is spewed from these idiots hurts their cause more than the few extremist votes that it garners

Pensacola, FL

#15 May 3, 2012
Hate filled, really, LOL
KDT

Mascalucia, Italy

#19 Nov 9, 2012
Fox News tell lies and it is as simple as that. If you don't believe me you can look at the election results for yourself. I watch MSNBC religious, and yes, they are liberals but they don't lie about the other party.

Pensacola, FL

#20 Nov 11, 2012
FoxNews was the most accurate on election night.
MSNBC has Maddow and she is the definition of BIAS.
MuhlenbergCounty

Russellville, KY

#21 Nov 11, 2012
Sadira Snape wrote:
On Wednesday morning at approximately 6 am Karl Rove was removed from the set of FauxNews in a straight jacket. As he was being placed in the awaiting ambulance his yells of "It's too close to call, It's too close to call !!!!! " could be heard throughout the building.

Pensacola, FL

#22 Nov 12, 2012
MuhlenbergCounty wrote:
<quoted text>On Wednesday morning at approximately 6 am Karl Rove was removed from the set of FauxNews in a straight jacket. As he was being placed in the awaiting ambulance his yells of "It's too close to call, It's too close to call !!!!! " could be heard throughout the building.
If only the same could be done to Maddow ;*
Huh

United States

#23 Nov 13, 2012
Sadira Snape wrote:
Fordham's political science department has published a list of the most and least accurate pollsters of the 2012 campaign between President Barack Obama and Republican challenger Mitt Romney
Here's the full list (polls with an asterisk were more favorable to Obama, and polls without were more favorable to Romney):
1. PPP (D)*
1. Daily Kos/SEIU/PPP*
3. YouGov*
4. Ipsos/Reuters*
5. Purple Strategies
6. NBC/WSJ
6. CBS/NYT
6. YouGov/Economist
9. UPI/CVOTER
10. IBD/TIPP
11. Angus-Reid*
12. ABC/WP*
13. Pew Research*
13. Hartford Courant/UConn*
15. CNN/ORC
15. Monmouth/SurveyUSA
15. Politico/GWU/Battleground
15. FOX News
15. Washington Times/JZ Analytics
15. Newsmax/JZ Analytics
15. American Research Group
15. Gravis Marketing
23. Democracy Corps (D)*
24. Rasmussen
24. Gallup
26. NPR
27. National Journal*
28. AP/GfK
Maddow might be biased, but consider the fact that she is a Rhodes Scholar and Oxford graduate. Unlike Glenn Beck(1 theology class at Yale in 1996), Rush Limbuagh(flunked after 2 semesters at Southeast Missouri State) and Sean Hannity(dropped out of New York University), Maddow actually pursued her education (Doctor of Philosophy Oxford). Perhaps her point of view might have some substance?
I'm sure the conservative auto didactic trio are just as intelligent-right?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cantonment Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
FL 2010 Florida Governor Race Election Results a "... (Nov '10) 57 min Sur 13 Beat 2,959
County stays the course on backyard chicken ban 12 hr JusticeShldRule 5
Hooker RoundUp & Judging (Feb '13) 15 hr FlawDuhStankFoo 24
Identity thieves and sexual deviants 17 hr pssdoff 1
FL Who do you support for Attorney General in Flor... (Oct '10) 17 hr Liberal forever 2,121
I hate retired US Navy Chiefs (Feb '13) 20 hr ObservantJoe 169
Pensacola areas to avoid (Dec '10) Aug 26 FlawDuhStankFoo 24
•••
•••
•••

Cantonment Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Cantonment People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE