Review: Iron Horse Restorations

Posted in the Cantonment Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Jen Aldrich

Davenport, IA

#1 Jan 3, 2009
BUYER BEWARE! Please do your research before choosing this company to restore your car. We contracted with them in June 2008 to restore our 1969 Firebird 400. We were given written estimates for $11K to get it running and painted. We were contacted a few months later and asked for more money. We sent another $2K and were told that would be all that was necessary - it would be done. We waited and waited and another 2 months later we were told unless we paid them more money, no more work would be done on the car and it was still not running. We spent $13K and wasted 7 months on a paint job and having a new trunk welded in. They even had the audacity to remove the seats (still not sure why) and not put them back in prior to us picking up the car in January 2009. Please learn from our costly mistake. They are not a member of the BBB.
IRON HORSE RESTORATIONS

Cantonment, FL

#2 Jan 11, 2009
Because there are many unknown or unforeseen repairs on any restoration project; (for example hidden rust beneath another metal structure), it is not possible to accurately forecast the cost of restoring a vehicle. The true cost is only revealed during the rebuilding process. It is for this reason that all of our restorations are done on a time/materials basis. Each project will hold its share of unique repair challenges. Although, a somewhat accurate estimate could be made if the vehicle was first fully disassembled; - stripped of all body parts, chrome, glass, suspension, interior, paints and undercoating, etc., every piece inspected, and documented individually, for condition and originality in addition, after the removal of all paint coatings, old collision damage, body dents and body rust would need to be evaluated. Obviously this disassembly and analysis alone would not be an inexpensive venture--especially if the customer decides not to go forward with the project. All restoration work is contracted on a "Time & Materials" basis. An advance deposit is required to start the project, and when that amount is used, further advance/retainers are required until the project is complete.This is on my web site every car here is restored to a high standard.We can not compromise workman ship and quality to fit in to a small budget .This car is 40 years old and has seen its better days we put many hours in the body to make it right and its laser straight we took the seats out to get to the dash.Please take the time to look at www.ironhorserestorations.com before you pass judgement.
CRAIG LOCKRIDGE

Pensacola, FL

#3 Feb 7, 2009
I agree with the guy that has the 69 pontiac , was there when he picked it up. I was treated the same way. This guy is a crook!!!!!!!!
Rodney Huber

Cantonment, FL

#4 Mar 4, 2009
Your ride is more than just a means of transportation...Its your pride and joy, your showpiece, your Saturday night bragging rights...and we understand that to the fullest. So why trust your project to someone other than a true enthusiast?
Thanks for your interest in Iron Horse Restorations! We are one of the area's premier restoration shops, conveniently located in Cantonment, Florida. With more than two decades of experience, the Iron Horse crew meticulously restores all makes and models of cars trucks and bikes. Whether you're into the classics, antiques, exotics or muscle, we do it all.
However, Iron Horse is more than just a full restoration shop. We also perform collision repair, body work, welding, and metal fabrication. We also offer custom suspension work and body modifications for all types of vehicles.
Rodney Huber

Cantonment, FL

#5 Mar 4, 2009
CRAIG LOCKRIDGE wrote:
I agree with the guy that has the 69 pontiac , was there when he picked it up. I was treated the same way. This guy is a crook!!!!!!!!
we fixed your car saw you doing a burn out with it and you came got your car before it was done and i told you it was not done please take a look at my web site www.ironhorserestorations.com .we wre half way done with your car and you said you wre not paying any more money ...and we finished it for you for free free thats no money thanks neighbor
Craig Lockridge

Milton, FL

#6 Dec 13, 2009
You are a lier and CROOK!!!!!!
rod

Milton, FL

#7 Mar 15, 2010
Craig you are a dork..... sorry.....
Anonymous

Garrett, IN

#8 Jan 24, 2011
BBB please explain... I had my 2002 dyna glide painted at ironhorse restoration and it turned out great and everyone that saw it loved it so for people to say bad things about this guy does not show to much class on your part. My bike was painted in 2008 and i remember seeing the 1969 firebird 400 hate to say it but it was trash to start with what did u expect that man to do gold plate crap. Stop crying and take it to peaches paint and body next time...
Dr Sizzle

Cantonment, FL

#9 Jun 4, 2011
Some people would rather yell and scream and make threats when they don't get their way. There are two sides to every story. Especially this one. This lady thought by trashing Iron Horse on the internet was going to get her something for free. Word of mouth is what maters in restoration. This is why Iron Horse is a primier restoration shop to this day.
Also Pensacola is the greatest place to live,
Sizzle
Fraud Exposer

United States

#10 Jun 6, 2011
I don't even know these Firebird people but I do know of Iron Horse Wrecking House. These people are dishonest and are not to be trusted. I know of several people who have been robbed by them. Again-do your research before spending this amount of money. There are many disreputable businesses such as Iron Horse Restoration/Wrecking House.
Hazmat Mel

Cantonment, FL

#11 Jun 6, 2011
Yeah, yeah, yeah... you keep jabbering your mouth on some f***in' BS. I've seen the work, I've seen 'em before & after, and you're either stupid or just trashin' someone else's bidnezz because you're so jealous you're turning green.
Fraud Exposer wrote:
I don't even know these Firebird people but I do know of Iron Horse Wrecking House. These people are dishonest and are not to be trusted. I know of several people who have been robbed by them. Again-do your research before spending this amount of money. There are many disreputable businesses such as Iron Horse Restoration/Wrecking House.
Claude Wiley

Memphis, TN

#12 Aug 10, 2011
I had a 97 roadking painted ironhorse it came out GREAT!!! Could have not asked for a better job or someone to be more honest and up front with me.Will stand up for this shop anyday.
RODNEY

Cantonment, FL

#13 Aug 15, 2011
WE TRY TO TAKE EACH JOB AND DO THE BEST WE CAN ON THAT PERSONS BUGET I AM SORRY FOR ALL THE HATERS OUT THERE HATING ON ME AND MY GUYS AT THE SHOP.
BUT FOR ALL THE PEOPLE THAT HAD THERE CAR BUILT HERE THANK YOU....
Roger

Auburn, IN

#14 Aug 15, 2011
I had my 70 r/s camaro rebuilt at iron horse a few years ago and still have it and looking great, i was just looking around for their website and came across these people hating on them, they did a very nice job, mine was a pro-touring car so it was expensive and a i knew that going in on it , rodney gave me a very good deal on the labor side of it ,i purchased all the expensive parts ! when you take these old cars apart you find things like rust and prior repairs that may have not been done right, you have to remember these cars are old and worn out, they have to be rebuilt , these guys do it right and the price is cheaper than any of the other shops on p-cola, if i was going to do another they would be my choice, but i am still loving my camaro !!
Roddog

Pensacola, FL

#15 Aug 15, 2011
She sold that poor kids car for 3,400.00 on craigs list the guy that bought it came bye the shop and told us she sold it for 3400.00 crazy
Jen Aldrich wrote:
BUYER BEWARE! Please do your research before choosing this company to restore your car. We contracted with them in June 2008 to restore our 1969 Firebird 400. We were given written estimates for $11K to get it running and painted. We were contacted a few months later and asked for more money. We sent another $2K and were told that would be all that was necessary - it would be done. We waited and waited and another 2 months later we were told unless we paid them more money, no more work would be done on the car and it was still not running. We spent $13K and wasted 7 months on a paint job and having a new trunk welded in. They even had the audacity to remove the seats (still not sure why) and not put them back in prior to us picking up the car in January 2009. Please learn from our costly mistake. They are not a member of the BBB.

Since: Aug 11

Cantonment, FL

#16 Aug 16, 2011
Every job that comes through any restoration shop is different that includes the cars the customers and so forth. I know from my experience with Iron Horse Restoration they have done nothing but treat their customer’s right. They go over and beyond to make sure a customer is satisfied before the car is picked up. I have seen more cars in the shop
in the last few years. Iron Horse Restoration is doing something right. So for you guys out there who can’t be please stop hating on Iron Horse Restorations. His shop is on full blast right now. He is doing something right. So for you guys and gals don’t just go by the people out their running there mouth …call or come bye and see for your self. The doors are always open and you are always welcome.
Tim Trent

Prior Lake, MN

#17 Sep 23, 2011
Being a former employee for Rodney, I have nothing but good to say about this shop and him. Every job we had in that shop was treated as if it was our own. Rodney helped out a lot of people and worked a lot of hours over that he didn't have to do to keep people happy. Everybody gripes and complains to him about time and money on these jobs, but they don't realize he's going the extra mile for you and your car to make sure that it looks as good in 10 years as it does now, not just a cover up the rust and let it go job. I have seen inside other shops and I can say first hand that you won't get this kind of service anywhere else.
Craig Lockridge

Pensacola, FL

#18 Dec 24, 2011
Anyone considering doing business with this clown, take some time look me up. I live right next to his shop. I would be more than happy to share my nightmare of doing business with Lame horse demolitions the premiere ripoff artist in the area. I have documented info and visual proof. Im sure after you talk to me you won't want anything to do with this low life............
Bull Exposer

United States

#19 Dec 27, 2011
Tim Trent wrote:
Being a former employee for Rodney, I have nothing but good to say about this shop and him. Every job we had in that shop was treated as if it was our own. Rodney helped out a lot of people and worked a lot of hours over that he didn't have to do to keep people happy. Everybody gripes and complains to him about time and money on these jobs, but they don't realize he's going the extra mile for you and your car to make sure that it looks as good in 10 years as it does now, not just a cover up the rust and let it go job. I have seen inside other shops and I can say first hand that you won't get this kind of service anywhere else.
Better Business Bureau search indicated a complaint that BBB investigation found-

"Customer not satisfied with business response; BBB did not find business made good faith effort to resolve complaint"

Pretty much speaks for iteself. I have owned a business and as a consumer, I always run a BBB check prior to conducting business with someone-if it smells like rotten fish????????

Rodney

Moultrie, GA

#20 Feb 4, 2012
Tim Trent wrote:
Thanks Tim, I think he forgot to mention the fact his first create motor was bad and we had to pull it out and install a new one in it at no charge to him….

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cantonment Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
pit bull puppies to give away (May '09) 8 hr ThomasA 82
News Man 'had sick sex with DOG named Baby Girl in h... Jan 16 Barry 1
Waterfront rescue mission is a CULT! Jan 14 ThomasA 27
Heroin in Pensacola? (Jan '16) Jan 12 Crazy8 9
tia pomeroy Jan 8 Bombastic 90
Targeted individual (Jan '16) Jan 4 Crystal 3
Caddo the Clown arrested in Santa Rosa County (Jul '12) Jan 2 BiggsAppleKisner 22

Cantonment Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cantonment Mortgages