Canton teen killed by drunk driver in...

Canton teen killed by drunk driver in crash

There are 38 comments on the WJW Fox 8 Cleveland story from Oct 1, 2009, titled Canton teen killed by drunk driver in crash. In it, WJW Fox 8 Cleveland reports that:

The Ohio State Highway Patrol is investigating a late night crash that killed an East Canton area teen.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WJW Fox 8 Cleveland.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Rachael Burnside

Canton, OH

#21 Oct 2, 2009
Im gonna miss her so much ,, we were like sisters
i love her so much
Rebecca

United States

#22 Oct 2, 2009
Well I didn't really know Angie well
But she was a classmate.
And when I found out what happened a sadness came over me.
My prayers are with you.
And Angie you will be missed.
angelina

Tulsa, OK

#23 Oct 2, 2009
the bulletin board in your name will always remind us of you.we will miss you angie:(
anonymous

Canton, OH

#24 Oct 2, 2009
Angie I've known you forever, until the past few years. I knew you as a quiet, shy girl. A nice girl, who never had anything bad to say about anyone. Angie was silly, fun and adorable. What happened is horrible, my heart goes out to anyone having to deal with this. Whether we were best friends or not is not important, but knew her, she knew me, and we never had a conflict.
Ann Renee Rollins

Fort Collins, CO

#25 Oct 6, 2009
I am one of Dawn Weaver’s cousins on the Fortune side of the family. I am just heartbroken for the grief and pain that has become the family’s new reality. Please know that so many people, near and far, are thinking about you and loving you. I hope you will find the wisdom to move beyond such a terrible, terrible tragedy; you know Angie would want that for each of you.

That said, I find it interesting that the criminal survives (again) and the innocent did not. Angie’s death was murder, as indicated by one of the litany of charges against Christina Faulkner. I am astonished that Ms. Faulkner, with her priors, was free to commit another heinous crime after drinking and getting behind the wheel. I am also astonished that she found employ at a bar, given her priors. I would liken her employ there to that of a pedophile working in a day care center.

The system and a lack of reasonable accountability failed and cost Angie her life, and has shattered, literally and figuratively, the lives of those who loved her. My dad had a saying that I think is pointedly appropriate here “Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on ME.” Shame on the legislative system that freed her, and shame on any liquor license-holding establishment that would fail to background check those working for them. Someone needs to wakeup and make change so that no other family has to go through this ever, ever again.
Ann Renee Rollins

Fort Collins, CO

#26 Oct 6, 2009
Pitypat wrote:
Seatbelts?
A 15 year old was plowed over and killed by a drunk driver with a history of priors. Are you really going there with the seatbelt remark? Really? Hopefully it was a question and not the statement that it makes the way you left it out there, because it is a terrible reflection on you if that is the case.

Your logic in that really struck me – like, a rape victim had it coming because she made a bad choice to walk home one night. The whole premise of your comment is very icky and hurtful to the family.

By the by, the seatbelt question was one of Dawn’s first questions on the accident scene. The coroner was unable to make that assessment regarding the belt because the area in the car where Angie sat was decimated, and Cindy (the driver) had been wearing her belt and was also thrown from the car. Additionally, the coroner added that seatbelt or not, Angie died on impact and would not have survived it regardless of the seat belt. The other young passenger in the car was in the part of the car with the least amount of damage, thank goodness for him, and he survived.

Maybe do some basic fact-finding next time before you lob an incredibly insensitive, uneducated comment out there – especially one so upsetting to a grieving mother to read out here. When I looked at the icons for judging your comment, I realized they were missing the one I was looking for to judge your contribution here.
Connie Van Wagnen

Medina, OH

#27 Oct 6, 2009
Ann Renee Rollins wrote:
<quoted text>
A 15 year old was plowed over and killed by a drunk driver with a history of priors. Are you really going there with the seatbelt remark? Really? Hopefully it was a question and not the statement that it makes the way you left it out there, because it is a terrible reflection on you if that is the case.
Your logic in that really struck me – like, a rape victim had it coming because she made a bad choice to walk home one night. The whole premise of your comment is very icky and hurtful to the family.
By the by, the seatbelt question was one of Dawn’s first questions on the accident scene. The coroner was unable to make that assessment regarding the belt because the area in the car where Angie sat was decimated, and Cindy (the driver) had been wearing her belt and was also thrown from the car. Additionally, the coroner added that seatbelt or not, Angie died on impact and would not have survived it regardless of the seat belt. The other young passenger in the car was in the part of the car with the least amount of damage, thank goodness for him, and he survived.
Maybe do some basic fact-finding next time before you lob an incredibly insensitive, uneducated comment out there – especially one so upsetting to a grieving mother to read out here. When I looked at the icons for judging your comment, I realized they were missing the one I was looking for to judge your contribution here.
Thank you Ann for replying to that comment about the seatbelts. I was going to as soon as I read it, but, I was so upset by it that I decided for my own sanity to leave it be. I've heard this comment before about seatbelts in Drunk Driving killings (not an accident, it's murder)and have felt the same as you. How dare anyone even ask that question! How hurtful for the family and FYI my niece had her seatbelt on when she was murdered by a drunk driver and it didn't make a difference. He hit her head on and the entire front of her car was smashed in up to her torso and left her trapped and conscientous and scared out of her mind! She died from internal injuries before they could cut her out of her car. There is nothing worse than losing a child. NOTHING! Then to lose one by the hand of a person who is so selfish to drive drunk in the first place is infuriating!!! Her mother will NEVER get past this, ever! I've been watching my sister go through this for the last 2 years and I can tell you that she is functioning, but she misses her daughter every second, every minute, every hour, of everyday! If she didn't have two other children alive to love and take care of, I doubt she would even be here. She just wants to be with her daughter and she doesn't want to spend the rest of her life without her. Angie
s mother and her entire family are in a very dark place right now where they can barely breathe. It's a nightmare that consumes them from the moment they wake up until the moment they are finally able to fall asleep at night. I think about them constantly. I know they will have to go to court to fight this woman and it's going to be excrutiating to see that waste of life of a woman alive, while their beautiful daughter lies in the ground cheated out of her long life that she should have ahead of her. For the fiends and family members who read this, please don't be afraid to call them and visit with them and talk about Angie. They will need you for a very long time. Sit and listen, you don't have to try and make them feel better, just sit and listen and hold them if you need to. I am so, so sorry for all of you.
Pitypat

Sugar Land, TX

#28 Oct 6, 2009
I only asked a question. The original article said nothing. I know seatbelts don't guarantee you will survive a crash, but you have a better chance. My sympathies to this family. And maybe you two should ask the question before you jump to conclusions. And Connie, you should tell your sister that she had better bring herself out of this funk for her surviving kids. This has affected them too.
Connie Van Wagnen

Medina, OH

#29 Oct 6, 2009
Pitypat wrote:
I only asked a question. The original article said nothing. I know seatbelts don't guarantee you will survive a crash, but you have a better chance. My sympathies to this family. And maybe you two should ask the question before you jump to conclusions. And Connie, you should tell your sister that she had better bring herself out of this funk for her surviving kids. This has affected them too.
Pitypat, I'm sincerely sorry I jumped to conclusions about your seatbelt comment. I am however very hurt that you would leave that comment about my sister. She's not in a "funk", she's in mourning. I wouldn't expect you to understand unless you had also lost a child to a drunk driver.
Wolfman57

Massillon, OH

#30 Oct 6, 2009
Pitypat wrote:
Oh Pitypat.. I'm going to try to defend you a little here. Ladies... I'm a father of two girls, one 19 and one 16.. The thought of a drunk low-life driving the roads sickens me as it could be any one of us to be killed. It would hurt me tremendously if it was any of my 3 children!!!. However, let's don't bash the messenger or take offense to a possible fact, Pitypat makes, that could have potentially saved her life. Why don't you take your anger out on the Liberal judge who probably gave this alcoholic bimbo probation. Who's car was it? Place in jail the idiot who gave her the car. Please folks, these are the people you need to be upset with...
Connie Van Wagnen

Medina, OH

#31 Oct 7, 2009
Wolfman57 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh Pitypat.. I'm going to try to defend you a little here. Ladies... I'm a father of two girls, one 19 and one 16.. The thought of a drunk low-life driving the roads sickens me as it could be any one of us to be killed. It would hurt me tremendously if it was any of my 3 children!!!. However, let's don't bash the messenger or take offense to a possible fact, Pitypat makes, that could have potentially saved her life. Why don't you take your anger out on the Liberal judge who probably gave this alcoholic bimbo probation. Who's car was it? Place in jail the idiot who gave her the car. Please folks, these are the people you need to be upset with...
Your right about the missplaced anger and I did apologize to PityPat. Your were wondering about wether or not this particular driver was even driving her own car, which I don't know the answer to. I can tell you that in our situation the drunk driver was driving his girlfriend's car. She was prosecuted and received a total of 10 days in jail. That's it, just 10 days. He died at the scene along with my niece, so we could not even face him and hold him accountable. I hate to say this, but until someone in power or a celebrity loses their own child I don't see us ever getting rid of the problem.
Pitypat

Sugar Land, TX

#32 Oct 7, 2009
Connie Van Wagnen wrote:
<quoted text>
Pitypat, I'm sincerely sorry I jumped to conclusions about your seatbelt comment. I am however very hurt that you would leave that comment about my sister. She's not in a "funk", she's in mourning. I wouldn't expect you to understand unless you had also lost a child to a drunk driver.
I know she is in mourning. I was trying to be a little more sympathetic. But the point is, she needs to pull it together for her other kids.
Wolfman57

Massillon, OH

#33 Oct 7, 2009
It is indeed a tough scenario Connie.. This could happen to anyone of us at anytime. I have ridden motorcycles for a number of years. I can tell you that this experience makes you even more aware of the environment you are driving in. We do need tougher laws. Do you realize that it takes 4 OVI's to be considered a Felony?? Ridiculous.. The laws need to be tougher. We need to hold individuals associated with a drunk, more culpable for their actions. The wife, husband , boyfriend, etc. need to have punishment placed on them if they knowingly allow an inebriated individual to drive.
Ann Renee Rollins

Charlotte, NC

#34 Oct 7, 2009
Wolfman57 wrote:
It is indeed a tough scenario Connie.. This could happen to anyone of us at anytime. I have ridden motorcycles for a number of years. I can tell you that this experience makes you even more aware of the environment you are driving in. We do need tougher laws. Do you realize that it takes 4 OVI's to be considered a Felony?? Ridiculous.. The laws need to be tougher. We need to hold individuals associated with a drunk, more culpable for their actions. The wife, husband , boyfriend, etc. need to have punishment placed on them if they knowingly allow an inebriated individual to drive.
My thoughts exactly. In this case, aside from the obvious - if someone loaned out the car (which we do not know, what we DO know is that she had a lifelong driver's license revocation in Ohio, so I can't imagine she owns the car, but that is speculative) SOMEone at her work saw her drinking - whether it was a co-worker, a patron, someone. I am also sure this isn't the first time she has been drinking at work, and there has to be other individuals who know the history. I just hope that witnesses will come forward to help the family press the punishment to the furthest extent of the law and keep this murderer off the streets, because she has proven again and again that she has no ability to control her behavior, and that she doesn't think the law applies to her.
Tabby

Akron, OH

#35 Oct 7, 2009
My heart still goes out to the family and friends of Angie. I miss her so much.
Anonymous

Bloomington, IN

#36 Jan 18, 2012
Except Leah only had two brothers, Matt and Josh...I grew up with her. That's disgusting that you would lie.
SPC Baker Jonathan wrote:
That was my cousin that was in that car. She is going to be missed by the whole family. If there is anyway they can get help please do so. I know my Uncle, Angie's father, is broken up and her three brothers are all in denial. Wish I could do something myself but I am here in Iraq.
Ann Renee Rollins

United States

#37 Jan 18, 2012
Anonymous wrote:
Except Leah only had two brothers, Matt and Josh...I grew up with her. That's disgusting that you would lie.
<quoted text>
I don't know that he is lying; we're talking about Angie Baker, correct? I think that may be a tough conclusion to jump to. Angie had a brother, Shawn, and a half-brother (on her mom's side), Andy, too. That family may be bigger than either of you know from how you were involved with specific members of the family.
howdy

Logan, OH

#40 Mar 5, 2016
They think she was fingering the driver.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Canton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
fartfetish Jul 20 BbwDoesAnal 2
sext me (Dec '12) Jul 14 horny 2
naughty girls (Sep '13) Jul 11 MattT 38
shemale sexting (Dec '12) Jul 11 MattT 104
News White Trailer Proved Invisible to Tesla's Auton... Jul 1 Durden 1
Massillon Music Emporium (Oct '12) Jun '16 Musikologist 31
Canton in the news Jun '16 Finally 1

Canton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance