A SUNY Canton student apparently comm...

A SUNY Canton student apparently committed suicide

Posted in the Canton Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
cleo123

Manlius, NY

#1 Apr 20, 2011
CANTON — A SUNY Canton student apparently committed suicide at about 11:40 p.m. Sunday night.
Cory A. Bercume, 21, was found with slit wrists and a stab wound to his chest, according to village police. He was found in the yard at 25 Dies St. in the village.
The student also set his bed on fire and when police arrived at his residence at 281/2 Dies St., they found his bedroom aflame. There was minor damage to the house.

http://www.watertowndailytimes.com/article/20...

No drug makes you do that.

RIP
yeah- no

Potsdam, NY

#2 Apr 20, 2011
idk why you think drugs couldnt make you do it. theres things called PSYCHOACTIVE DRUGS for a reason, they CAN make you do that.. so check yourself & your facts before you go insinuating anything like him being a suicidal person. i doubt you even knew him, and obviously its a touchy subject around here so you should prob just mind your business and keep your thoughts to yourself.
true story

United States

#3 Apr 20, 2011
Coming from someone whose had someone taken from me due to drugs...Drugs can and will make anyone do crazy things, i didn't know him personally but what i heard of him was he was a happy go lucky person, someone who was always fun to be around, someone who could put a smile on anyone's face, he loved his family and friends more then anything, and sports were his life...i was in shock when i heard the news, suicide was the last thing from my mind, i thought that couldn't be true, that just didn't seem like him...my thoughts and prayers go out to his family, friends and team mates...
RIP Cory, you're gone but never forgotten...you have touched so many peoples lives in your 21 short years them some people could accomplish in a full lifetime
cleo123

Manlius, NY

#4 Apr 20, 2011
Coming from someone who knew him very well, and has taken every drug in the fking book. The kid didn't kill himself from fking drugs.

Psychoactive drugs? Marijuana is a psychoactive drug. Im saying any drug containing chemicals which rise your "psychoactive?"(as you say) levels in your brain dopamine, adenosine,acetylcholine, norpinephrine (spelling?) and more too, can cause depression when your done using them, but while on them?????? Psychoactive drugs make you feel good is the problem, dopamine, and all that good is released when your happy. Go look up some more facts and try to argue during this kids time of rest. Your probably a parent of some sheltered Hockey player that loves to do Molly and is scared to tell you. Corey is a good kid, shouldn't be a touchy subject.

But don't blame the candy, blame the man.

Anyone who has done molly KNOWS that stabbing yourself on it would be horrible. You would completely realize what your doing, there is no blackout or anything like that. I think Corey wanted to leave this place. Like I said, Drugs dont make you do that. I could see falling down stairs? Or maybe setting house on fire and calling the cops because your so scared of your house burning down. I say he wanted to go, and he has probably planned this or thought of it before.

PS No disrespect meant either when I say you never know if Cory was suicidal or not. I knew him well. Maybe there were warning signs all of us didn't pick up on?? Don't focus on his death focus on his life. I speak my mind when I say "the drugs didn't make the decision for Cory, Cory made the decision" I know him very well like I said before, and as surprised as I am that this happend to a kid like him, I wouldn't blame MDMA, he must have had a lot going on.
unknown

Ithaca, NY

#5 Apr 20, 2011
i have done molly and when i came down from the initial high i was very very very very depressed so i can totally see how this would happen..its very sad that he did this. i didn't know him but i heard of him and it is just very sad
wahh

Hermon, NY

#6 Apr 20, 2011
cleo123 for one, did you just post this to start some pointless argument that no one really cares to argue right now? you have no respect for his family/friends if you have the audacity to post something that has no meaning to you at all, jerk.
rip

United States

#7 Apr 21, 2011
It doesn't matter why or how. He was a great kid, and should be remembered that way. Why argue? Drugs or not, it doesn't matter anymore. What matters is that he has left a huge wake of sadness and he and his loved ones deserve more respect than a debate on topix.com ...
totally disrespectful

Manlius, NY

#8 Apr 22, 2011
Ya know, I was seriously waiting for some asshole to start a topic about this. Cory was a wonderful person, a great kid to be around and had a wonderful family. I cant believe cleo123 has the balls to write something on here. Whether or not he was on drugs and committed suicide..this shit still should not be on here! Let his family and friends mourn him without having it plasted all over the internet. Its bad enough that the news started posted things and it wasnt even 24 hours later. People like "cleo123" have no respect and get off on talking shit about others and the things they do. Get a life and leave others alone..especially the ones who are no longer with us! People like you need some serious help if you get on here annoymously and start a topic about a wonderful person who took their own life.

RIP Cory you were a wonderful person!! <3
bye bye

Brooklyn, NY

#9 Apr 23, 2011
oh well,another druggie off tha streets
Fkn insane ppl

Manlius, NY

#11 Apr 23, 2011
I cannot believe ppl would start a topic about this! U ppl r fkn ridiculous and u better hope u nvr lose someone so tragically bc I hope the hell someone ridicules them and ur fam bc whoever u r ur a heartless fkn waste of flesh and the air u breath! Now leave this person and the reasoning behind the situation alone nothing changes the fact that someone lost a son, a brother, a nephew, cousin, soul mate, teammate, or best friend, or simply an acquaintance. Now leave them alone! I hate this site for this reason of ppl saying mean hurtful things!!!!
Rob

Schenectady, NY

#12 Apr 23, 2011
Im incredibly sorry for the family and friends of the boy, I had a similar situation happen to my cousin and I couldnt believe the awful things ppl were saying about him, they didnt care cuz hey didnt know the amazing person he was they just heard about sum guy doing sumthing stupid and died from it, ppl make mistakes nobodys perfect but its very unfortunatly his life ended that way, but have sum respect for him.. And his loved ones
bye bye

Brooklyn, NY

#13 Apr 23, 2011
so its our fault he was a drug usin loser,right???pleeeeez
totally disrespectful

Manlius, NY

#14 Apr 23, 2011
bye bye wrote:
so its our fault he was a drug usin loser,right???pleeeeez
You need to fuk off and get a life. Drug user or not... the fact is he still gone! At this point..thats all that matters to his family and friends. Drop it and get a life you topix troll! I bet you are a "drug usin loser" yourself. Or maybe some fat POS that sits behind your computer all damn day and are jealous of someone who is more popular and loved then you, like cory! Go eat a D*CK and choke on it!=]
smart fart

United States

#15 Apr 23, 2011
my greatest hope is that the piece of shit who gave or sold this powerful drug to a wonderful young man- can never sleep at night. my hope is they see his beautiful face every night before they close their eyes. things have a way of coming out eventually. if he bought something from someone he knew or trusted- he probably didn;t know how dangerous it could be. it cost him his life if so. but until test results come back confirming any drug usage- people are just jumping to conclusions. let the dead rest in peace to you judgemental morons.apparently you live a totally perfect life.
bye bye

Brooklyn, NY

#16 Apr 23, 2011
oh yeah sooo jealous that im not an addict wrist cuttin fool like him!!!somethin to b very proud of..couldnt have been too popular to do that to himself.obviously he wanted to go,so he got his wish
Fkn insane ppl

Manlius, NY

#17 Apr 23, 2011
bye bye wrote:
oh yeah sooo jealous that im not an addict wrist cuttin fool like him!!!somethin to b very proud of..couldnt have been too popular to do that to himself.obviously he wanted to go,so he got his wish
. Just too bad someone like u couldn't have gone in his place! U def sound like a jealous fkn idiot!! So get a life and start a topic about something else u fkn scumbag! From the sound of the ppl around the area and the ppl that stood in line for a long time to pay their respect I'd say he was pretty well liked as was his family! So grow up and find something else to do!!
jack

Manlius, NY

#18 Apr 24, 2011
jesus christ. he deffinitly didnt half ass it.
WOW

Manlius, NY

#19 Apr 30, 2011
He was a young college student, they drink, do drugs, have sex all that shitt. They are on their own, away from their parents and they are expirmenting and learning. It's a horrible thing that happened, that he didn't have the chance to lear from his mistake. Everyone has either drank underage or tried drugs in their lifetime and if you say you havn't then you are the biggest lier ever!! I didn't know Cory but I can tell he is greatly loved and missed. So instead of being douchers and posting bad shitt, post something good or memory of him! Learn from his mistake like he couldn't!!

Since: Jan 11

Lisbon NY

#20 May 1, 2011
I've taken Molly and Sassafrass more times then I can count in my life and it's never made me want to kill myself or do anything remotely crazy enough to hurt myself. However, we are all wired differently and some people cannot handle the effects or the come downs as well as others. Does anyone remember that cop that stole weed from the evidence room and ate it in brownie form with his wife then thought he was dying and called 911...hilarious and stupid as that was...main point even people cannot handle weed and go crazy. All in all this kid just either couldn't handle is shit and did this horrific act to himself...or it could be murder...it's not that hard to make a murder look like a suicide, and it's not like we have award winning crime solving cops to figure it out in Northern NY
cleo123

Manlius, NY

#21 May 1, 2011
hey look he made it to shroomery.

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Canton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Canton Animal Clinic (May '12) 4 hr Roght 14
extermination 4 hr Roght 9
Crystal Smithers Fri LucyDiamond 2
The rockin metthies (Mar '16) Fri Cdcsd 66
Confessions Jan 17 Haha 8
News Madrid woman charged with petit larceny Jan 17 Know it all 2
News Hussain pleads guilty to harassment of SUNY Pot... Jan 17 searching 1

Canton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance