NC Church to Burn Bibles, Christian B...

NC Church to Burn Bibles, Christian Books on Halloween

There are 1 comment on the Fox 8 WGHP story from Oct 14, 2009, titled NC Church to Burn Bibles, Christian Books on Halloween. In it, Fox 8 WGHP reports that:

A North Carolina pastor says his church in Canton plans to burn Bibles and books by Christian authors on Halloween to light a fire under true believers.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fox 8 WGHP.

Joe Bates

Sumter, SC

#1 May 7, 2010
I would just like anyone reading this (atheist, agnostic and other Christians) to understand that this group is another of a small group of extremists who do not understand what Christianity is about and have NOT devoted themselves to study of anything except their own tradition and dogma. The King James is yet another "translation" to give the common person the ability to read the Bible for themselves and WAS NOT a newly inspired (epiphany) from God and anyone who has ever studied the original texts can attest to. The KJV was a correction of the highly corrupt latin vulgate preceeded by Tyndales English Bible and Luthers Bible before that. I am a non-denominational Christian and believe that Satan is the father of lies and these people really need to pray for enlightenment instead of making preconcieved statements.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Canton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Paper mill shuts down early (Aug '08) Jul 23 Eddie 57
Jessica that was raising money Jul 17 Barack 1
News Drug agents arrest suspected meth trafficker (Feb '07) Jul 13 EmmaMaeCourtner 24
Shook Family Reunion (Jan '06) Jul 1 Michael Ammons 4
jason messer (Nov '10) Jun '16 Just me 5
ghost town in the sky (Jul '06) Jun '16 Tammi Newman 24
New in town Jun '16 Concerned 1

Canton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Canton Mortgages