HRMC has new ED discharge procedure

HRMC has new ED discharge procedure

There are 10 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from Jan 19, 2009, titled HRMC has new ED discharge procedure. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

Clyde Patience is not usually a virtue in emergency departments. Patients in the emergency department at Haywood Regional Medical Center, however, are now experiencing a more satisfying and streamlined ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

T-Parker

AOL

#1 Jan 19, 2009
How is this news?

Since: May 07

Asheville, NC

#2 Jan 19, 2009
Umm.....I thought with ED the issue was the lack of discharge?

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#3 Jan 19, 2009
WNCNATIVE wrote:
Now thats cold so cold! True but cold. lol

Asheville, NC

#4 Jan 19, 2009
laughorbust wrote:
<quoted text>Now thats cold so cold! True but cold. lol
Lol...yep. I just thought the headline was priceless.
dumbfounded

United States

#5 Jan 19, 2009
WOW. HRMC has to make the news someway.They still need a trememdous amount of bringing their nurses, LPN's, RN's, and who ever else they have on staff there up to speed. However, most importantly, they need to get physicians in the hospital who care about the patients. Send them back to school so they will know what a patients looks like who is in a "COMA" and not try to get them medication in pill form w/ orange juice & a straw when they are in a "COMA". OR, hey better than that, need physicians at HRMC who know what "SEPTIC SHOCK" is and how to treat a patient for this. This hospital staff needs some kind of management & have staff meetings or hire people who really are interested in the patients and not just a payday on Friday. When you have a family member needing medical attention, you are not at all interested in hearing what the LPN'S or RN'S did last night, if they had their smoke break today or not, and who they partied with last night. Quite frankly, no one cares. When you are in the medical field, you need to focus on the business at hand and leave your personal life at the door on your way in. HRMC really needs to get it together or sell the hospital to Mission-St. Joseph, now, how sweet would that be for all Haywood County residents. Think about it. It could save a loved-ones life.

“Man, 2 mo' years...Whew!”

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#6 Jan 19, 2009
WNCNATIVE wrote:
<quoted text> Lol...yep. I just thought the headline was priceless.
Yup. Nothing a GOOD "head" nurse couldn't fix.

“We're gonna DIE!!!”

Since: Feb 07

Fletcher, NC

#7 Jan 19, 2009
WNCNATIVE wrote:
Real men don't have that problem...

Asheville, NC

#8 Jan 19, 2009
reasonable wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol...touche'.
What

Denver, NC

#9 Jan 19, 2009
reasonable wrote:
<quoted text>
To you and Native....
:-o!!!!!
Agree

United States

#10 Apr 8, 2009
reasonable wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with that. The nurses are still being run into the ground and being forced to care for more patients than they can handle. As a patient there I could see it. The administration has gotten no better it's probably worse.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Canton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
issues with Appalachian Automotive (Dec '10) Feb 15 Ed Burris 20
ex-hcc girl Jan '18 Zaxcrew 2
p.o.s with stds and on drugs. (Mar '14) Jan '18 Maggie 5
News Federal gambling investigation targets more off... (Jan '08) Jan '18 fly on the wall 182
Canton Jukebox (Jul '12) Dec '17 Musikologist 19
Brown Numbered signs on I-40 (Apr '08) Dec '17 Fassn8ting 39
Friendly appliance RIP OFF Dec '17 Wake Up 1

Canton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Canton Mortgages