Thinking of moving to Canton ~ Please...

Thinking of moving to Canton ~ Please share your experience of the town

Posted in the Canton Forum

momof5

Morganton, NC

#1 May 29, 2009
Hello! My husband got out of the Marines so we could finally move to the Smoky Mountains. We chose Asheville, but our expectations did not match reality of living here. We found a beautiful house in Canton, I just want a safe place, in a small town, with good schools for our kids, low cost of living, and with friendly people. Also it would be nice if it snowed once in a while for the kids to play in. I was also wondering how often and strongly the paper mill smell dispurses throughout the town.
Canton Resident

United States

#2 May 29, 2009
There hasn't been a single time I've went through the town without smelling the paper mill.

Some days it's pretty ripe
Rowena Patton

Dillon, SC

#3 May 31, 2009
momof5 wrote:
Hello! My husband got out of the Marines so we could finally move to the Smoky Mountains. We chose Asheville, but our expectations did not match reality of living here. We found a beautiful house in Canton, I just want a safe place, in a small town, with good schools for our kids, low cost of living, and with friendly people. Also it would be nice if it snowed once in a while for the kids to play in. I was also wondering how often and strongly the paper mill smell dispurses throughout the town.
Hi there
I'm sure you are looking forward to moving to the mountains. Sorry that Asheville didn't match up to your expectations. I have a 'concierge search' on my site that will help you identify what is available in Canton, Waynesville and the surrounding towns located here at http://www.pattonpropertygroup.com/client-for...

happy hunting!
Rowena Patton

Dillon, SC

#4 May 31, 2009
Hi there
I'm sure you are looking forward to moving to the mountains. Sorry that Asheville didn't match up to your expectations. I have a 'concierge search' on my site that will help you identify what is available in Canton, Waynesville and the surrounding towns located here at http://www.pattonpropertygroup.com/client-for ...

happy hunting!
shan

Somerset, KY

#5 Jun 7, 2010
I lived in canton for 9 years and i loved it!
Alaxander

Strawberry Plains, TN

#6 Aug 20, 2010
I hear there is a study going on at one of NC universities. They are trying to see if there is a link to,the higher than normal suicide rate in Canton, and the paper mill.This may not be true but you may want to check it out before moving.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Canton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Nathan dyer Nov 3 THS class of 2012 1
News 6-year-old drowns in indoor hotel pool in North... Sep '17 evie 1
News Federal gambling investigation targets more off... (Jan '08) Sep '17 Caerleon 179
News NC All-American wrestler charged with statutory... Aug '17 LEE LEE PRICE 1
News Downtown Waynesville 4th of July events (Jul '12) Aug '17 Kitty Grabs Back 2
Taylor Turner Jul '17 Goodtimes 1
Theresa braham Jul '17 Jade 1

Canton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Canton Mortgages