Hearing planned in WNC trooper killing

Attorneys for a Florida man charged with killing a state trooper in Haywood County say pretrial publicity makes it impossible for the man to get a fair trial in the county. Full Story
CCD

United States

#1 Jun 29, 2009
what made it fair when Trooper Blanton plead for his life... siting that he needed to be there for his new son and wife! What was fair about that?
fair for who

Franklin, NC

#2 Jun 29, 2009
I agree. The facts are the same no matter where they have the trial. So he should have to stand in before the community where he committed the crime. A jury would be hard to come up with but it should be attempted before moving is even considered. I understand the need for a fair trial when the guilt is in question but there is no question in this matter. Trooper Blanton gave his life protecting us and being fair was not important to his killer then. Why should it be now.
MAD in henderson county

Carroll, IA

#3 Jul 6, 2009
This man should have to face the people of Haywood County since he decided to take the life of a man who looked out for them...Maybe this would finally give the people of Haywood County something that only seems important for a COLD BLOODED KILLER, fairness!!! With all the evidence against him, he will not be put back on the streets, so why not let Haywood County have their say and sleep a bit better at night!?! In this country they give all the rights to the wrong people.. Is there anyone, with any real say, speaking for Shawn and his rights????? This poor man is dead and cannot speak for himself...who better to do it for him but the people he protected!?
I say we put him on trial in Cherokee :) then let's talk fair!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Canton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Phillip Hughes 40 min Redhead 1
Avengers MC Oct 20 Umm 6
Searching for family Oct 13 Barbara Newman Ho... 2
Anybody remember the Greeks Place? Oct 10 Joe H 1
Hagan's Energy Agenda Oct 4 Fed Up 1
Who is Alan Todd? Sep 25 Red 2
Preachers Daughters Sep '14 Susan 2
Canton Dating
Find my Match

Canton Jobs