Bryant backs new restrictions on abortion in Miss.

Jan 10, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Sunherald.com

Phil Bryant told several dozen pastors and other abortion opponents Thursday that he supports a bill that would ban the procedure once a fetal heartbeat can be detected.

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 29 of29
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
ThomasA

Birmingham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Judged:

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Laws are passed all the time modifying people's behavior.
RvW didn't standardize abortion law across states (obviously-see the article)-it just decriminalized abortion.
And left the private critical decision up to the women,their doctors,and only those involved and NOT local and state politicians.

“And the Horse You Rode in On”

Since: Sep 08

Minneapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

ThomasA wrote:
<quoted text>And left the private critical decision up to the women,their doctors,and only those involved and NOT local and state politicians.
Or religious entities who float through life basing their convictions on "manmade" mythologies.

Thanks again for the "cigar chomping" comment, still laughing about that one!

Minneapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Judged:

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
He hasn't suggested it.
Before you jump on the Sisters of Sappho bandwagon with Morgana, recall that the 1973 SCOTUS was an all-male assebly.
Poor Dan...runs again to the "lesbian" corner when confronted by strong hetro women who don't by his hetro religiously based philosophy. Don't forget to use whore/slut in attempting to be condescending in order to sway women your way.

What would one call a group of supposedly celibate males who bar women from their conclave? I guess we will have to think about that for a while?
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
Poor Dan...runs again to the "lesbian" corner when confronted by strong hetro women who don't by his hetro religiously based philosophy. Don't forget to use whore/slut in attempting to be condescending in order to sway women your way.
What would one call a group of supposedly celibate males who bar women from their conclave? I guess we will have to think about that for a while?
You ran the "guys don't count" card, not me.

Don't use it if you don't like being called out on it.
Ocean56

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

Dan wrote:
You ran the "guys don't count" card, not me.
Don't use it if you don't like being called out on it.
Actually, guys DON'T count, not in a WOMAN's personal decision whether or not to continue a pregnancy. Funny how many anti-choice guys who will never have to suffer what are often the miseries of pregnancy feel they have the "right" to dictate to women what they "should" do.

I'm just very glad I don't live in Mississippi, and feel very sorry for the women who do.
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

ThomasA wrote:
<quoted text>And left the private critical decision up to the women,their doctors,and only those involved and NOT local and state politicians.
Well, yeah it did leave the matter up to state and local pols, as it can be regulated at that level.
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, guys DON'T count, not in a WOMAN's personal decision whether or not to continue a pregnancy. Funny how many anti-choice guys who will never have to suffer what are often the miseries of pregnancy feel they have the "right" to dictate to women what they "should" do.
I'm just very glad I don't live in Mississippi, and feel very sorry for the women who do.
The 1973 SCOTUS was all-male. Throw the verdict out?

After all, "guys" DON'T count", right?
ThomasA

Birmingham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, yeah it did leave the matter up to state and local pols, as it can be regulated at that level.
The states and locals couldn't fairly regulate terminations without getting the Bible thumpers and politicians involved. Roe V Wade leveled the playing field. If you support the right of a woman to make that decision,you have that right. If you DON'T support that right, then you have your sayso too. Restricting women's rights will make a giant step..........backwards.

Minneapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
The 1973 SCOTUS was all-male. Throw the verdict out?
After all, "guys" DON'T count", right?
These guys counted. They gave women the right to SAFE legal abortion as opposed to illegal and unsafe which is where the anti choice movement wishes to go.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 29 of29
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Canton Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Canton Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••