Jackson Mother Fights For Justice

There are 22 comments on the WLBT-TV Jackson story from Dec 18, 2009, titled Jackson Mother Fights For Justice. In it, WLBT-TV Jackson reports that:

A Jackson mother is fighting for justice. Her 27 year old son was murdered in Alabama in May.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WLBT-TV Jackson.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
charmika robinson

Jackson, MS

#1 Dec 29, 2009
Please people lets support Mrs.Dixion and help her get justice serve for the muder of her son think if this was your child.
favouredone

Jackson, MS

#2 Dec 29, 2009
It is sad to know that someone who took a vow to 'protect and serve' with the same mind would murder someone senselessly in a jealous rage. And then be back on the streets the same day after just paying mere pennies? I am an Alabama native and to know that the code has not changed since 1975 is sad. This should be revisited on a regular basis. The amount relative to 1957 was probably a detterant but today $75,000 is in no way a deterrant for a murder.
MsSMBC2009

Jackson, MS

#3 Dec 29, 2009
As a mother, it's good know that she is staying steadfast and continuing to fight for justice for her son and once that justice is served with Chevis, her fight will continue on because getting that law changed will help others that are victims of murder. I hope that this encourages more mothers and victim's family to join in the fight for justice in updating that Alabama law.
MAJOR

Madison, MS

#4 Dec 29, 2009
MsSMBC2009 wrote:
As a mother, it's good know that she is staying steadfast and continuing to fight for justice for her son and once that justice is served with Chevis, her fight will continue on because getting that law changed will help others that are victims of murder. I hope that this encourages more mothers and victim's family to join in the fight for justice in updating that Alabama law.
WHERE IS THE FATHER OF THIS WELFARE BABY?
Jameikia Mosley

Jackson, MS

#5 Dec 30, 2009
As a mother of two sons of my own, my heart goes out to this family. No human deserves to go through what the Dixon family has been taken through. Life is not to be taken by man, where is the love? I felt compelled to comment because this could be one day be me and my family. May the Lord keep the Dixon family. What does this say about our justice system, to allow a trained police office abuse his training and take anothers life about non sense.
mrslady

Jackson, MS

#6 Dec 30, 2009
MAJOR wrote:
<quoted text>WHERE IS THE FATHER OF THIS WELFARE BABY?
who are you referring to and where did that come from? who is a welfare baby because Broderick Dixon was a Computer System Engineer @ Commericial Metals Company in Birmingham, Al
charmika

Jackson, MS

#7 Dec 31, 2009
how could u say something like that when this lady is trying to fight for justice for her child do u have no feelings..... why do u suspect him to be a WELFARE BABY do your research!!!
Corliss Kay

United States

#8 Jan 3, 2010
This is a very tragic situation,I'm glad that Ms. Dixon is fighting to seek justice for her son's Broderick murder. It takes a strong person to go againt the grain and fight for what is right. And to the life's reject who referred to Broderick as a welfare baby, you really need to get a life and grow up cause ths same childish ignorance is why we are mourning a untimely death!!! Keep praying for the Dixon family...

“Do vegans eat animal crackers?”

Since: Aug 08

Brandon

#9 Jan 4, 2010
The alleged killer has been fired, indicted, and the trial is set for April 12, 2010. So where's the injustice?

Injustice because the bond code hasn't changed since 1975? It WAS revised in September 2007. The $75,000 is the maximum bond for murder allowed by law. If it were a Capital murder, it could be $50,000 to millions (or no bail allowed). See www.alabamalawjournal.com/2009/05/rule-72-of-...

Injustice because the $75,000 bond is too low? Be glad it wasn't in Mississippi. Human life is valued even less here.

The Alcorn State student charged with murder in November is out on $35,000 bond. A Harperville woman is out on $25,000 bond for killing her husband last month. A couple in Forest is out on $25,000 bond for killing their infant daughter in October 2008. And the couple still hasn't been indicted.

Hinds county hasn't yet tried Benjamin Clark for a murder that happened in February 2007. So Alabama takes less than a year to try a murder case? That's pretty timely, I'd say.
Tuesday

Pearl, MS

#10 Jan 5, 2010
Hopefully justice will be served, and the bottom line is in both Alabama and Mississippi the bonds are to low and something needs to be done about it. It's up to the legislative to make the laws and the law on issuing bond to a killer needs to be changed now if is self defense that's different. But killing a unarmed person and killing someone for a senseless reason there should be no bond. Mississippi, Alabama and any other state with these low bonds needs to make a change to there judicial system
Nice Lady

Manila, AR

#11 Jan 14, 2010
MAJOR wrote:
<quoted text>WHERE IS THE FATHER OF THIS WELFARE BABY?
Why would you even say something like that?Everybody don't have to be on welfare.That was mean and not nice at all. If you can't something nice in to this lady don't say nothing.
A Mother for Justice

Olive Branch, MS

#12 Feb 5, 2010
Imagine how the victim's mother, twin brother and family felt to hear bond was set at $75,000. The 3 days later, officer out on bond; a free man after killing an unarmed man. What justice does it serve the community when a police officer brutally killed Broderick Rashad Dixon. Officer Finley called into his job before shift change in order to be off the night of the murder. Broderick Dixon was gun down by this officer who swore to service to protect, and not kill and unarmed, innocent man. Officer Finley abused his position as an officer and took the law into his own hands and killed an innocent man. This officer used his training by aiming at all the target zones that killed Broderick. First, he crippled Broderick by shooting him in the thigh, foot, and the final shot in the back through the left lung and heart. Officer Finley could have stopped with the shots in the thigh and foot, but no his intentions were to kill Broderick Dixon, and that is what he did. There are witnesses that say Finley pulled up with clothing on, and got out his car and went inside the apartment . Then, he came outside into the parking lot and started shooting up Broderick's '21 Tahoe where Natasha Molette was sitting in the driver's seat, blocking Broderick's entrance into his car. How do you think my family felt when we walked into the courthouse to see Officer Finley's so called fiance that was not Natasha Molette. Why would a man kill another man over some woman that is not his?? And, why was Ms. Molette sitting in Broderick's car? Why isn't he being charged with reckless endangerment since he put many people's lives in danger; bullets were sprayed everywhere in several different people's cars. What I am try to do is to stop killers from bonding out of jail. I feel there should be no bond for a killer especially a police officer off duty and not serving and protecting anyone. I feel there should be no bond before or during trail.

For more on this story:: Google Broderick Dixon
Missing On Broderick

Olive Branch, MS

#13 Feb 5, 2010
There is so much I wish to say Bruh. I think about you everyday. I miss your laugh, I miss your smile, I will miss arguing over the smallest things with you. Neither lost not forgotten, I imagine them all often. It just doesn't seem real that you're not around. I still look for you when I turn around. As I walked around the house, tears filled my eyes. As I realized we never got to say good-bye...I found myself looking for you, until I realized what was true. I will never again see your wave and your smile. We won't sit on the couch and visit for a while...No,''What are you doing tonight?'' or ''I'll see ya tomorrow.'' All of these things I cherished so dearly. In my heart I remember so clearly. I still talk to you. I know you hear me. Today I spoke of you and before I finished my sentence I could feel your presence. You are in God's hand now as He planned. Broderick, we know you are watching us from above. An angel in heaven who will always be loved.

Always Love,
Roderick
My Brother Friend Twin

Olive Branch, MS

#14 Feb 5, 2010
It's been only a few days since you've been gone. Things just do not seem real. And who is there to blame.''Do not question God,'' that's what they say. But who could explain why they took my twin brother away? No one can ever come up to me and say they know how I feel. I miss you so much. I have so much to say. If I knew that night was my last time seeing you, I would have never left out of your room. But it wasn't and I didn't know. You are in a much better place now. All your problems have gone away. But remember, we will meet and do a step show on the other side one sweet day. We are still two hears beating as one. I know when I wake up everyday that I am not alone.
Love always,
The half you left behind
Your Twin: Roderick
Dear Broderick

Olive Branch, MS

#15 Feb 5, 2010
This hurts me more than have to leave and go home on the weekend- after a heavy duty of Roderick: you and da bruhs: I know you hear me and will always be with me. Some of the things you spoke to me were difficult processing at first, but once I got older, I started to realize what you meant. Things like you yelling me to listen to mom or help you jump on Roderick (lol). I know I am the youngest and gave y'all the most headaches. Broderick got on my nerves for some of the most minor things, such as,''Tee you didn't iron my shirt right,'' or ''Tee you missed a spot,'' or ''What you gonna do about you hair?'' I just cut it off for you Bruh, a mission of success in all the right ways. I know you are right here and I'm going to stay strong for the family. Take it easy. I'll see you soon, ummmm Huh.....I love you Bruh.

Your Lil' Bruh,
Love ya,
Tee
Roderick Dixon

Olive Branch, MS

#16 Feb 5, 2010
This Wednesday will be my first time ever going to his grave...I could never work myself up to go...I'll get half way there and turn around...and drive three hours back home..and be like next time that I go home, I will go..but I didn't...couldn't even make it within two miles of the site without crying and my sister having to stop the car..

I feel so different to the point where I isolate myself. I sometimes don't wanna do anything. My mind constantly wonders...twins have bonds that no one can believe or begin to understand...we thought alike...we said the same words at the same time..I can be in one room humming and thinking a song and he would come in and start saying it out loud and rapping it or singing it word for word....without even know that I was thinking it. You know he was the hype man at parties; always wanting the mike...lol.

When I am out, I am not always having a good time...but sometimes being around people is better than being alone. So it may seem like..''Oh I'm out and everything is fine''...but that is not the case at all. I just want to get out of the house..I walk by his room everyday and see that he is not there, looking at it exactly how he left it. So, I just close the door so I don't have to look in there. But do not get me wrong, some days are good and I go kick it.

My mother is stronger than she was or has ever been. She is one with God and one with Broderick, and she says ''Broderick said this to me...or Do this''She tries so hard to get me to talk, but I sometimes get angry. I am so protective of my brother and I do not want to talk about him all the time; she gets it some days and sometimes she don't. So, I find myself being mean, but not to her but just the situation itself. When she comes to visit, she will bring t shirts or something that she liked and bought. Yet she still buys for two, so I will have to remind her; only to hear her say it is hard or she is just used to buying for both of her twins. I go and put his stuff in his room, but often slip on his clothes when mine are dirty lol.

I know its not right...but I don't go to church like I used to. My pastor calls and states that he understands and will pray for me. He says for me to take my time. I, also, don't pray anymore. It's not that I don't believe in God...but sometimes question.

Okay, this is enough. Not even half of what I want to say..but getting some of my thoughts out!! Peace
Siblings

Olive Branch, MS

#17 Feb 5, 2010
We miss you so much, and wanted to let you know how grateful we are that God allowed you to be our brother. Always know that you will never be forgotten, because we will always keep your memories alive. Love you always and forever

Roderick, Suela, and Camika
Your Sister

Olive Branch, MS

#18 Feb 5, 2010
Brother, you're a tremendously talented awe-inspiring, ultra-creative, phenomenal masterpiece of humanity! You're a devastatingly-handsome, extraordinarily cool, uber-remarkable and ever-priceless treasure of the world. You are the stuff legends are made of- you're a one-of-a-kind, super-humanly amazing brother! And you make this world a better place just by being your wonderful self.

*Happy Birthday*
A Mother for Justice

Olive Branch, MS

#19 Feb 5, 2010
Imagine how the victim's mother, twin brother and family felt to hear bond was set at $75,000. The 3 days later, officer out on bond; a free man after killing an unarmed man. What justice does it serve the community when a police officer brutally killed Broderick Rashad Dixon. Officer Finley called into his job before shift change in order to be off the night of the murder. Broderick Dixon was gun down by this officer who swore to service to protect, and not kill and unarmed, innocent man. Officer Finley abused his position as an officer and took the law into his own hands and killed an innocent man. This officer used his training by aiming at all the target zones that killed Broderick. First, he crippled Broderick by shooting him in the thigh, foot, and the final shot in the back through the left lung and heart. Officer Finley could have stopped with the shots in the thigh and foot, but no his intentions were to kill Broderick Dixon, and that is what he did. There are witnesses that say Finley pulled up with clothing on, and got out his car and went inside the apartment . Then, he came outside into the parking lot and started shooting up Broderick's '01 Tahoe where Natasha Molette was sitting in the driver's seat, blocking Broderick's entrance into his car. How do you think my family felt when we walked into the courthouse to see Officer Finley's so called fiance that was not Natasha Molette. Why would a man kill another man over some woman that is not his?? And, why was Ms. Molette sitting in Broderick's car? Why isn't he being charged with reckless endangerment since he put many people's lives in danger; bullets were sprayed everywhere in several different people's cars. What I am try to do is to stop killers from bonding out of jail. I feel there should be no bond for a killer especially a police officer off duty and not serving and protecting anyone. I feel there should be no bond before or during trail.
For more on this story:: Google Broderick Dixon
Griena Knight

Fairfield, AL

#20 Jul 7, 2010
It is my hope that the family will receive peace and justice in this matter.
I admire Ms. Dixon's tenacity in seeking answers.
She deserves that.
Her efforts brings attention to many issues in this world that are unresolved.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Canton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 4 hr Sister Mary Sue M... 19,922
Family first in flora is a racist taxpayer fund... 12 hr Calhoon Mayes 2
Local married community college coach caught sl... Sat Matt 3
Urgent Message For Jackson , Ms Police Dept Ple... May 17 Jade_Helm 6
News Former trooper gets quick guilty verdict (Sep '07) May 14 Bitterly Saddened 56
News Mississippi judge jails attorney for not reciti... (Oct '10) May 14 Rocket 2,010
The Insurgent Furious 7 Avengers Were Active in... May 11 Culture Auditor 1
More from around the web

Canton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]