Mississippi judge jails attorney for not reciting Pledge of Allegiance

Full story: Santa Cruz Sentinel

A Mississippi judge jailed a lawyer for several hours for refusing to recite the Pledge of Allegiance, ordering the attorney to "purge himself" of contempt by standing and repeating the oath like the rest of the courtroom.
Comments
1,681 - 1,700 of 1,964 Comments Last updated Thursday Jul 24
maestro

Tupelo, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1950
Apr 7, 2013
 
korre wrote:
Conspiracy nutter, Maestro?
No Conspiracy, just the system that has not found a way to arrest organized greed.

You do know that 16% of the world population uses 75% of the world resources. What we have is a system that is not working, as it uses psychology to take advantage of the least informed.
maestro

Tupelo, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1951
Apr 7, 2013
 
You might find this book interesting.

"Public Opinion" by Walter Lippman

He points out the benefits of propaganda during WWI
korre

Booneville, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1952
Apr 7, 2013
 
Maestro, if you live in the US, you're part of the 1%. You're one of the greedy people that use up all of the resources.

Way to invalidate your own statement.
Facepalmer

Booneville, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1953
Apr 7, 2013
 
1)"...one nation under God" was added during cold war in response to Russian atheism.

2)I was very Patriotic as a child; as an adult I have lost the sense of what exactly it is I am supposed to be so proud of.

3)“The feeling of patriotism - It is an immoral feeling because, instead of confessing himself a son of God ... or even a free man guided by his own reason, each man under the influence of patriotism confesses himself the son of his fatherland and the slave of his government, and commits actions contrary to his reason and conscience.” Leo Tolstoy, Patriotism and Government
maestro

Tupelo, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1954
Apr 7, 2013
 
korre wrote:
Maestro, if you live in the US, you're part of the 1%. You're one of the greedy people that use up all of the resources.
Way to invalidate your own statement.
==========
50% of the American public pay federal taxes. The secret of living is to do what inspires you to survive. Being controlled by slave masters is not the best way to live free. Yes being an American is being part of the world population that uses more than a fair share of resources. 5000 children and 23000 adults die each day due to lack of clean water or food. The world population went from 1.3 billion in 1900 to over 7 billion today. It is screwing that made the problem and few seem to be able to control that emotion. If you do not have the ability to support a child you should not produce one. America as a country steals from the third world to support its high standard of living. I would not be proud to fight for that stand. I would try to reduce the amount of personal irresponsibility that makes people produce children they do not have the resources for.
korre

Anonymous Proxy

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1955
Apr 7, 2013
 
... absolutely none of that has to do with anything that's been said so far, nor does it invalidate how invalid and utterly insane you are, maestro.

Like I said... nutter.
maestro

Tupelo, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1956
Apr 7, 2013
 
"absolutely none of that has to do with anything that's been said so far"
==========
1%? I think you do not understand why you even were wounded or why you were there in the first place. What we have is propaganda that you swallowed and got hurt because you did not have the facts. You refuse to admit you are the cause of your own effect and ignoring that, as you defend yourself as being a good citizen you can not put Humpty Dumpty back together again.

The 1% has you snowed by your own greed.

“Let's X Change!!”

Since: Feb 09

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1957
Apr 7, 2013
 
maestro wrote:
<quoted text>
==========
50% of the American public pay federal taxes. The secret of living is to do what inspires you to survive. Being controlled by slave masters is not the best way to live free. Yes being an American is being part of the world population that uses more than a fair share of resources. 5000 children and 23000 adults die each day due to lack of clean water or food. The world population went from 1.3 billion in 1900 to over 7 billion today. It is screwing that made the problem and few seem to be able to control that emotion. If you do not have the ability to support a child you should not produce one. America as a country steals from the third world to support its high standard of living. I would not be proud to fight for that stand. I would try to reduce the amount of personal irresponsibility that makes people produce children they do not have the resources for.
why don't you move to Qatar, or somewhere else you prefer over the U.S., and hand out condoms?
korre

Booneville, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1958
Apr 7, 2013
 
maestro wrote:
1%? I think you do not understand why you even were wounded or why you were there in the first place. What we have is propaganda that you swallowed and got hurt because you did not have the facts. You refuse to admit you are the cause of your own effect and ignoring that, as you defend yourself as being a good citizen you can not put Humpty Dumpty back together again.
The 1% has you snowed by your own greed.
Take your pills, maestro, you're showing symptoms that you believe you have the supernatural power to read minds again. I mean, you don't know me, you don't know what happened in my past, you don't know what I think, you don't know what I know and do not know, you don't even know if I am a man or a woman. You know literally nothing other than that I was injured in Iraq and yet you believe you understand so much about me that you can speak for me.

That's called Delusion and is one of the more prominent symptoms of Schizophrenia. So, please, take your pills, it seems you missed a dose.
maestro

Tupelo, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1959
Apr 8, 2013
 
"That's called Delusion and is one of the more prominent symptoms of Schizophrenia. "
==========
It is called speculation and you have been to too many doctors. The system uses psychology to brainwash and control your beliefs.

You asked about the reason and you got it. Think ahead before you leap.
maestro

Tupelo, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1960
Apr 8, 2013
 
"why don't you move to Qatar, or somewhere else you prefer over the U.S., and hand out condoms? "
==========
It is the responsibility of every citizen to fix the system because this is a country by the people not by the government appointees.
korre

Booneville, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1961
Apr 8, 2013
 
maestro wrote:
It is called speculation and you have been to too many doctors. The system uses psychology to brainwash and control your beliefs.
You asked about the reason and you got it. Think ahead before you leap.
Actually, I didn't ask for a reason, and I didn't get one. All I got is you coming out of the woodwork with information you could not possibly know (and were nowhere near accurate with, I might add) and trying to pass yourself off as an authority to unknown information.

Once again, you need to take your medicine. You now are exhibiting signs that you're paranoid because you believe that the "system" is brainwashing people and controlling their minds. This is all done without having ever met the person you believe is under mind control from the US Government. Again, this is a classic sign of Schizophrenia. The more you talk, the more you exhibit psychotic behavior.
the Majestic Fking MB

Great Falls, MT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1962
Apr 8, 2013
 
korre wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, I didn't ask for a reason, and I didn't get one. All I got is you coming out of the woodwork with information you could not possibly know (and were nowhere near accurate with, I might add) and trying to pass yourself off as an authority to unknown information.
Once again, you need to take your medicine. You now are exhibiting signs that you're paranoid because you believe that the "system" is brainwashing people and controlling their minds. This is all done without having ever met the person you believe is under mind control from the US Government. Again, this is a classic sign of Schizophrenia. The more you talk, the more you exhibit psychotic behavior.
i don't think he means mind control in the CIA sense of the word so much as just a lifetime of indoctrination.
maestro

Tupelo, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1963
Apr 8, 2013
 
" All I got is you coming out of the woodwork with information you could not possibly know (and were nowhere near accurate "
==========
Do the research. You have not done the work.

“Let's X Change!!”

Since: Feb 09

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1964
Apr 8, 2013
 
maestro wrote:
"why don't you move to Qatar, or somewhere else you prefer over the U.S., and hand out condoms? "
==========
It is the responsibility of every citizen to fix the system because this is a country by the people not by the government appointees.
thats why I told you your mission should be to hand out condoms in another country. According to your positions about the state of the country...and the world...you could get yourself a twofer by doing so! It would be a win, win.....win. Think about it!
korre

Booneville, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1965
Apr 8, 2013
 
I don't really need to research my beliefs, my personal history, and other facets of me that you do not know, Maestro.

Pill time maestro, the nurses are going to get mad soon...

Majestic, he's clearly said that the US Government uses brainwashing to control beliefs. That's less indoctrination and more mind control. When you say "control beliefs" there is an explicit statement of direct affect. Indoctrinating someone does not grant explicit control. Mind control does.

If he's unable to functionally use the English language, he's definitely not someone to go spouting off about someone else's personal feelings that have not been disclosed.

Once again, that's a facet of being really, really crazy and not the mark of someone to be considered in a single thing they ever say.
maestro

Tupelo, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1966
Apr 8, 2013
 
"Think about it! "
==========
Nothing is free, people need to work for what they get including condoms. We need to fix home first the world is not ours to rule.
korre

Booneville, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1967
Apr 8, 2013
 
maestro wrote:
"Think about it! "
==========
Nothing is free, people need to work for what they get including condoms. We need to fix home first the world is not ours to rule.
This coming from the guy who has already said he is intentionally unemployed.

You are truly an insane person.
Ms Pond

Tupelo, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1968
Apr 8, 2013
 
"You are truly an insane person. "
==========
The economy is designed by the big holding companies and the biggest consumer is the government. In order to keep the people employed we need fear of war and war to use old weapons so the new generation can be manufactured.
Without a gullible military force we would lose the fear and wars. We would have to compete with brains. Unemployed does not mean not absence of an earned income. Employment is for slaves.
Ms Pond

Tupelo, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1969
Apr 8, 2013
 
“It is unbelievable that politicians like Mayor Bloomberg think that they are experts on personal protection,” Raso says in the video.“Me and the guys I fought with, we didn’t go to war so that some politician could dictate whatever he thinks is best for the American people.”

That is exactly why you got duped to go to war.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Canton Discussions

Search the Canton Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 3 hr Carriers 18,587
Truth or Rumor: Bishop Keith Butler (Jan '08) Mon WorldWatchDetroit TueLIVE 1,020
Review: Jackson Lease Sales & Rentals (Jun '11) Sun Steve B 11
Perfectly thin xtreme diet pill (Dec '13) Jul 25 SaraSoCal 6
Looking for information.. Jul 22 stephanie 1
Elicia Hughes Murder Trial - Testimony Begins (Jan '08) Jul 21 Von M 134
Carla Hughes' Murder Trial Delayed until Summer (Jan '08) Jun 30 JTTJ 343
•••
•••
•••
Canton Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Canton Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Canton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Canton News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Canton
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••