Life-at-fertilization initiative has hope in Miss.

Oct 17, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Centre Daily Times

In this June 6, 2011 file photo, Ezekiel Sowell, 7, right,of Tupelo, Miss., sings during a prayer rally for the Personhood Amendment at the Capitol in Jackson, Miss.

Comments (Page 117)

Showing posts 2,321 - 2,340 of2,675
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
anon

Tupelo, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

"Daycare,pre K1,K1 should be the years that children are fine tuned by their parents before the first grade. "
==========
Day care has them only 8 hours to the parent 16 hours. Studies show by second grade preschool advantage is gone. You can not substitute government care for good parents. If the parents are too busy to care for a child then they are too busy to have children. Perhaps sterilization is an option for those that do not have the time for children.

“Define Necessity”

Since: Mar 13

FOR YOURSELF

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

kaylayossi wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolutely!! Life begins at conception, so this is a terrific thing!
Life began billions of years ago. It is a continuum, not an individual event.

Grow a brain.

“Define Necessity”

FOR YOURSELF

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

A Baby is Life wrote:
Big Kisses from the Babies<quoted text>
I'm certain those "big kisses" are feeding thousands of homeless kids as we speak.

PLEASE grow a brain.
ThomasA

Birmingham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

anon wrote:
"Daycare,pre K1,K1 should be the years that children are fine tuned by their parents before the first grade. "
==========
If the parents are too busy to care for a child then they are too busy to have children. Perhaps sterilization is an option for those that do not have the time for children.
Grandiose idea!!!! One slight problem: You forgot to tell us your implementation plan. The mike is open and the floor is your's.
Ocean56

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

anon wrote:
"Kids are starting sex as young as twelve."
==========
Why? Are they not educated and expected to have morals and ethics? Who is to blame for poor child behavior?
Many parents foolishly give the kids the "just say no" speech without ever explaining WHY teen sex is a BAD IDEA. Parents who think that "just say no" will be enough usually get the bad news that their teen daughter is pregnant or their teen son GOT a girl pregnant.

If parents don't do a good job explaining WHY teens should avoid sex while in middle and high school, then in my opinion they have only THEMSELVES to blame if their teen daughter gets pregnant or their teen son causes a pregnancy.
Ocean56

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

not a playa1965 wrote:
You have a very cynical view of parents, my friend. As a young (22-yr-old) mother, WITH my husband, the father of my children, picking up whatever slack there was, I went to night school, earned my Associates degree in English, was Phi Theta Kappa, and I never ONCE put my children in daycare. It takes TWO parents to raise a child, and a commitment to being a family. There are so many and varied ways it can be done........the main thing is cooperation between the adult members of said family. It's really NOT that hard.
Good for you. Many teens, unfortunately, DON'T have parents who are as available for their children as you were. And not all girls WANT to be a wife or a mother at just 22 years old.
anon

Tupelo, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

The government can require sterilization for any welfare recipient or they just go hungry. If they can not figure out how to survive without government support then it is a natural god that designed the earth and what you have to do to survive. Over population will kill billions with food and water shortages. There simply is not enough resources to have infinite population on earth. The burden should fall on those ignorants that cause it. A high price to pay for sex.

Cause and effect the only real education.
ThomasA

Birmingham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

anon wrote:
The government can require sterilization for any welfare recipient or they just go hungry. If they can not figure out how to survive without government support then it is a natural god that designed the earth and what you have to do to survive. Over population will kill billions with food and water shortages. There simply is not enough resources to have infinite population on earth. The burden should fall on those ignorants that cause it. A high price to pay for sex.
Cause and effect the only real education.
You want mandatory vasectomies for males that drop out or don't finish high school with your plan?
anon

Tupelo, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

ThomasA wrote:
<quoted text>You want mandatory vasectomies for males that drop out or don't finish high school with your plan?
School has very little to do with a quality life or survival. What I want is sterilization for both parents that have a child they can not support if they take government handouts.

In many cases school is Skinner/Pavlov brainwashing to have you be a slave to the system. You are trained to be a consumer and make more consumers.

“Define Necessity”

FOR YOURSELF

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

anon wrote:
<quoted text>
School has very little to do with a quality life or survival. What I want is sterilization for both parents that have a child they can not support if they take government handouts.
In many cases school is Skinner/Pavlov brainwashing to have you be a slave to the system. You are trained to be a consumer and make more consumers.
Agree on both counts....although, I would advocate reversible sterilization at birth for BOTH genders, and require a gpa of 3.75 or higher at graduation from a parenting curriculum, before reversal is allowed.
ThomasA

Birmingham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Sounds like you two would be for designer chastity belts too. You want to throw in castration for unwed fathers too?

“Define Necessity”

FOR YOURSELF

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

ThomasA wrote:
Sounds like you two would be for designer chastity belts too. You want to throw in castration for unwed fathers too?
No need for chastity belts, if sterilization is performed at birth....and as for castration, I'd save that for rapists.(And I'm not referencing the chemical variety....)
ThomasA

Birmingham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

dedbebbies wrote:
<quoted text>No need for chastity belts, if sterilization is performed at birth....and as for castration, I'd save that for rapists.(And I'm not referencing the chemical variety....)
And when DNA evidence shows the man was innocent, as many have been proven lately, what would you suggest as compensation for the man? What exactly would you think this life changing situation would be worth? Rape accusations should have a reverse feature that puts the accuser in jail for bringing false charges after consensual contact plus monetary compensation . Once someone has been drug through the courts for rape,the judge and jury may forgive,but the public doesn't ever forget and the man's life is ruined.
anon

Tupelo, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

"require a gpa of 3.75 or higher at graduation from a parenting curriculum, before reversal is allowed. "
==========
You can not measure wisdom and GPA is not any measurement society should put any value in since it is a multiple choice and not a measure of creativity and wisdom.
anon

Tupelo, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

" the man's life is ruined. "
==========
The man's life is ruined anyway if he does not know the women he has sex with.

The idea is that sex is for those responsible enough to support a child.
ThomasA

Birmingham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

anon wrote:
" the man's life is ruined. "
==========
The man's life is ruined anyway if he does not know the women he has sex with.
The idea is that sex is for those responsible enough to support a child.
OMG ! I can't believe that there is someone out there in 2013 with that backwards Puritanical attitude! Bet you would like to have stocks in the town square,dunking stools,and maybe burn a non-conformist every now and then. Geeeeeeeeez! Where do these people come from?
anon

Tupelo, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

"Where do these people come from? "
==========
From a time when they taught morals and ethics. You play you pay. Nothing is for free. Not even an orgasm. Cause and effect every action has consequences.
ThomasA

Birmingham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

anon wrote:
"Where do these people come from? "
==========
From a time when they taught morals and ethics. You play you pay. Nothing is for free. Not even an orgasm. Cause and effect every action has consequences.
Your morals and ethics are your's and NOT to be inflicted on others by force! Your rights and lifestyle stops at the end of your nose!
anon

Tupelo, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

What is force is having to pay for people having children they can not afford. Stop getting government handouts and have all the sex you want just do not plead for government health care.

When you force people to pay for your schooling of children you can not take care of you have controls on your sex.
ThomasA

Birmingham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

You've been wearing the same old rose colored glasses too long. Take them off,step outside,and get a good look at the world that has passed you by.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 2,321 - 2,340 of2,675
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Canton Discussions

Search the Canton Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 12 min Samuel 17,708
10 (5) Reasons 'Dance Moms' Fans Should Watch '... 10 hr dmw 2
Truth or Rumor: Bishop Keith Butler (Jan '08) 21 hr ChurchMercyOnCunningham 921
Mississippi judge jails attorney for not reciti... (Oct '10) Wed JustUs 1,930
cell phones R tracking device Tue Zebo 4
Total Transportation Not Good to Work For Apr 12 undercover lawyers 34
Sheriff: leads developing in case of missing girl Mar '14 Tonya balls 1
•••

Flood Warning for Madison County was issued at April 16 at 9:16PM CDT

•••
•••
•••
Canton Dating