Dunkin' Donuts pulls Rachael Ray ad a...

Dunkin' Donuts pulls Rachael Ray ad after scarf complaints -- T...

There are 13 comments on the Newsday story from May 30, 2008, titled Dunkin' Donuts pulls Rachael Ray ad after scarf complaints -- T.... In it, Newsday reports that:

Dunkin' Donuts has pulled an online advertisement featuring Rachael Ray after complaints that a fringed black-and-white scarf that the celebrity chef wore in the ad offers symbolic support for Muslim extremism ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Brenda W

Glasgow, KY

#1 May 30, 2008
HOW STUPID!!!!!! Will people never stop complaining just be be complaining. I'm sure the only intent she or anyone else had with the scarf was to match the outfit. Why do we continually JUMP on anything said or done and start pointing fingers and saying "Sympathizer?" Maybe those pointing the fingers should look in the mirror at their every thought, action and word and see if maybe they are judging themselves inadvertently.
stephen jenkins

Saint Helier, Jersey

#2 May 30, 2008
My God. This is why americans are viewed by the rest of the world as ignorant idiots
Shotzey

Selden, NY

#3 May 30, 2008
I'm boycotting Dunkin Donuts until they reinstate that ad! How stupid and overly senitive are we that it's come to this?
Concerned American

Tampa, FL

#4 May 30, 2008
I think it's a shame when an obvious narrow minded fool such as Michelle Malkin makes a stupid comment and a leading company such as Dunkin Donuts actual responds.
The only response that should have been offered is a laugh at the complete lack of intelligence on Malkin's behalf.
Intelligent Americans do not point fingers and call names based merely on someone's dress style.
Shame on Dunkin Donuts for caving to such non-sense and giving this fool the perception of power.
ShumeyF1

Selden, NY

#5 May 30, 2008
stephen jenkins wrote:
My God. This is why americans are viewed by the rest of the world as ignorant idiots
If Americans are ignorant idiots, how far below us are the British? Now, go see if you can find the only dentist in that second-world country of yours and get your teeth fixed!
Concerned American

Tampa, FL

#6 May 30, 2008
stephen jenkins wrote:
I assure you all Americans do not think this way. Unfortunatly the fools and bigots have big mouths and of course get the media attention. I'd like to see a poll on this, I'm betting it would show this is a non-issue.
Concerned American

Tampa, FL

#7 May 30, 2008
ShumeyF1 wrote:
<quoted text>
If Americans are ignorant idiots, how far below us are the British? Now, go see if you can find the only dentist in that second-world country of yours and get your teeth fixed!
I have many friends in various countries and Britian is not the only place where Americans are viewed as loud and ignorant. Since Bush, we have lost most of our credibility and look terrible to the world.

Name calling doesn't change that, only our behavior will.
Eneyer

New York, NY

#8 Jun 2, 2008
Try finding a Dunkin Donuts that isn't being manned by someone of Middle Eastern descent...We're crazy people...
ShumeyF1

Selden, NY

#9 Jun 3, 2008
Concerned American wrote:
<quoted text>
I have many friends in various countries and Britian is not the only place where Americans are viewed as loud and ignorant. Since Bush, we have lost most of our credibility and look terrible to the world.
Name calling doesn't change that, only our behavior will.
I disagree. Name calling can be good for the soul.
Justice

Tyler, TX

#10 Jun 3, 2008
stephen jenkins wrote:
LOL, this from the country that elected Bush's lap dog (Tony Blair) how many times?
hated

Garden City, NY

#11 Jun 3, 2008
Please. I have no sympathy for people who lack a sense of humor. Can't relate. Everything is an insult in their eyes. Any woman who stands up for these clowns should move to a Muslim country and see how their treatment of women works out for them.
Matthew

Edgewater, NJ

#12 Jun 3, 2008
I guess they fely people would "scarf" the idea.
Moe Munni

AOL

#13 Jun 3, 2008
Poor Rachel Ray, I understand she really needs the money ;-)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Canton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review- I Love Kickboxing Randolph (Aug '15) Jun 22 bkelsey 13
ILKB - Easton/Stoughton Jun 3 mdtanq28 6
Shirts Pressed May '16 Pop the Weasel 2
News Dealing with Public Disapproval when You Have a... May '16 Regina 1
News Norwood Man Charged with Selling Cocaine Apr '16 Clown by Proxy 1
Doink Rules (May '14) Apr '16 Old Dying Clown 156
Seeking Owner of Lost Class Ring (Jan '06) Apr '16 pvalen34 551

Canton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance