Rachael Ray's Scarf Prompts Ad Compla...

Rachael Ray's Scarf Prompts Ad Complaints

There are 131 comments on the CBS 5 story from May 29, 2008, titled Rachael Ray's Scarf Prompts Ad Complaints . In it, CBS 5 reports that:

Dunkin' Donuts has pulled an online advertisement featuring Rachael Ray after complaints that a fringed black-and-white scarf that the celebrity chef wore in the ad offers symbolic support for Muslim extremism ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS 5.

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
IHateStupidPeopl e

Steubenville, OH

#130 Jun 3, 2008
Here's the notion people like Sean give us...because Terrorists do something, all of us must conform and give up that activity to show we don't support it. Actually, doesn't that sound as if we're showing them we're afraid of them, or are succumbing to their wishes? So a terrorist wears a scarf, we can't wear scarves...what's next- underwear? Get real.

“Get over yourself...”

Since: Jan 08

You're not that important

#131 Jun 3, 2008
IHateStupidPeople wrote:
<quoted text>
There's nothing wrong with the America: Love it or leave it mentality, but what is wrong is the misinterpretation of America. Have we forgotten the beauty of this country's first amendment? What is wrong with Muslim attire, and why should it automatically associate you with terrorist activity? I don't see anyone giving Shakira a hard time for belly dancing, nor giving the Dropkick Murphy's a hard time for singing in celtic style (one could say they rep. the IRA.) People with such bigoted mentality need to go live in the countries they are bashing, because they really sound like mysogonists.
I agree with you except one thing. Misogyny is the hatred of women. I think their hatred goes much deeper than that. They hate the unknown. Or they hate themselves and have no other way to lash out.

“Get over yourself...”

You're not that important

#132 Jun 3, 2008
IHateStupidPeople wrote:
Here's the notion people like Sean give us...because Terrorists do something, all of us must conform and give up that activity to show we don't support it. Actually, doesn't that sound as if we're showing them we're afraid of them, or are succumbing to their wishes? So a terrorist wears a scarf, we can't wear scarves...what's next- underwear? Get real.
I agree. I have already boycotted underwear just to make sure no one mistakes me for a terrorist sympathizer. <wink>

“did you say snacks??”

Since: Jun 07

Paradise

#133 Jun 3, 2008
IHateStupidPeople wrote:
It seems to me that the ones offering aid and comfort to the enemy are the ones screaming and running around yelling "the sky is falling!" when a girl in a donut ad wears a scarf. Terrorists must lick their chops at the thought of attacking an opponent so gullible and weak.

On the other hand, seeing Americans with a calm perspective, enjoying life,(and donuts), in spite of their hateful antics, would frustrate the terrorists to no end.
Amazing

Mount Dora, FL

#135 Jun 4, 2008
Fed Up in NM wrote:
<quoted text>Hi reebie! Amazing is at dinner with Jim and their respective spouses, I do believe. I am so jealous!!! Anyway, I am hoping she may be on later. I know I will be. I promised my kids I would take them to a movie. We are going to the 'ghetto' theater to see "The Ruins" but I will be on when we get back. Don't start the party without us! I am bringing pina colada's. And a scarf!
Just one correction- Jim's wife wasn't there because she is in Ohio- which, coincidentally enough, is where my hubby is originally from!

So it was the 3 of us and it was a really fun time. Jim's a great guy, and we all seemed to hit it off. We're hoping to get together with him and his wife in the coming weeks and we talked about how great it would have been if you guys could have been there as well, but we were thinking of ya!:-)
Uncle Bunny

Hamden, CT

#136 Jun 4, 2008
Fed Up in NM wrote:
<quoted text>I agree. I have already boycotted underwear just to make sure no one mistakes me for a terrorist sympathizer.
Going "commando" I see!

I'm not so sure. It's possible that a terrorist might not wear underwear too so that could be a real problem.

No, no..if I wanted to make an anti-terrorist fashion statement, I'd pick something they'd never wear. Something like..oh, I don't know..a paisley scarf maybe
Amazing

Mount Dora, FL

#137 Jun 4, 2008
Sanjuro wrote:
<quoted text>It seems to me that the ones offering aid and comfort to the enemy are the ones screaming and running around yelling "the sky is falling!" when a girl in a donut ad wears a scarf. Terrorists must lick their chops at the thought of attacking an opponent so gullible and weak.
On the other hand, seeing Americans with a calm perspective, enjoying life,(and donuts), in spite of their hateful antics, would frustrate the terrorists to no end.
With the kind of thinking of Malkin and her followers, the terrorists don't have to do a damn thing. They can just sit back and enjoy the show as they watch Americans themselves shake our foundation and then destroy that foundation and the tenets of this country while at the same these Americans promote terrorism from within.

Talk about being one's own worst in enemy! Americans will be their OWN undoing and the undoing of this country and all without the "help" of outside terrorists.

“i see u ate ur bitch flakes”

Saint Cloud, FL

#138 Jun 4, 2008
how stupid
stuckinthemiddle withyou

Nashville, TN

#139 Jun 4, 2008
charlie manson wore sandles sometimes, i am wearing a pair right now. timothy mcveigh wore a cotton plad shirt and blue jeans a lot, that is my normal work cloths. fidel castro wore an og green block cap, i wore that same kind of cap for three years in the army 59-62. so where can i turn myself in i could use the reward money?
IHateStupidPeopl e

Steubenville, OH

#140 Jun 4, 2008
Fed Up in NM wrote:
<quoted text>I agree with you except one thing. Misogyny is the hatred of women. I think their hatred goes much deeper than that. They hate the unknown. Or they hate themselves and have no other way to lash out.
I used the word misogyny because I truly feel Rachel Ray was targeted because she is a female. Maybe that's outlandish but then again I totally agree with you- people like Sean hate everything!
Republican Sean

Charlton, MA

#141 Jun 20, 2008

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Canton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hallmark Job Opportunity in Canton 10 hr VictorOrians 1
Review: iLoveKickboxing - Norwood, MA (Jul '16) May 18 IHateKickboxing 30
Beatles For Sale returns to E. Walpole in June May 11 Beatleman 1
Scott Carrara (Mar '09) May 5 Bunkie 206
Hallmark Job Opportunity in Walpole May 4 VictorOrians 1
Seeking Owner of Lost Class Ring (Jan '06) May 2 Lateachasim 565
What say you Ernie Bock Jr (Oct '16) Apr 25 Archie Bunker 5

Canton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance