Rachael Ray's Scarf Prompts Ad Compla...

Rachael Ray's Scarf Prompts Ad Complaints

There are 131 comments on the CBS 5 story from May 29, 2008, titled Rachael Ray's Scarf Prompts Ad Complaints . In it, CBS 5 reports that:

Dunkin' Donuts has pulled an online advertisement featuring Rachael Ray after complaints that a fringed black-and-white scarf that the celebrity chef wore in the ad offers symbolic support for Muslim extremism ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS 5.

First Prev
of 7
Next Last

“... From America's Dairy Aire”

Since: Feb 07

HooHoo, WV

#1 May 29, 2008
Nuts!

Filtering anything through "The Politically Correctness" filter is going to give this type of result ... When is a scarf not a scarf?

When it's viewed as keffiyeh a by a RIGHT WING LOON!

“I was a Grim Reaper”

Since: Apr 07

But now I take antidepressants

#2 May 29, 2008
You gotta be kidding me,what a load of crap.Bunch of politically correct liberals now feel like they can decide what clothes people wear on commercials.What a joke.
Kathy Sue Loudermilk

United States

#3 May 29, 2008
I thought it was a lovely scarf. Didn't see anything wrong with it at all.
Richard

Canton, OH

#4 May 29, 2008
I would have never guessed.

“Otter”

Since: Jan 07

Oswego, NY

#5 May 29, 2008
Billy R wrote:
You gotta be kidding me,what a load of crap.Bunch of politically correct liberals now feel like they can decide what clothes people wear on commercials.What a joke.
sounds more like neo-cons to me. Got to hate the enemy and anything symbolic of the enemy.
Okay

Palos Heights, IL

#6 May 30, 2008
How re -effing- diculous......we need to step back and see how whacked things are. I heard complaints about a motivational speaker at my work - he told an joke that included a Marine and a good ole boy from "Alabam" - and some people wree offended. You can't talk about anything without stepping on someones sensitive lil tootsies. Everyone - get OVER yourselves and get a life.

“hellshade”

Since: Jul 07

Location hidden

#7 May 30, 2008
political correctness has fast become the bane of modern society....

Since: Mar 07

Stafford, VA

#8 May 30, 2008
Those conservatives must have their wiring all screwed up. They're attacking a tv chef because of her scarf, that she probably picked up at K-Mart or something. I can see the neo-con robot now going into data overload this summer. They'll use anything to scare the American people into electing McBush.

“I was a Grim Reaper”

#9 May 30, 2008
Saranacotter wrote:
<quoted text>sounds more like neo-cons to me. Got to hate the enemy and anything symbolic of the enemy.
(Rolling his eyes) Oh yeah,thats why Bush hates all those oil producing countries so much..........

“I was a Grim Reaper”

#10 May 30, 2008
Bobby Drake wrote:
Those conservatives must have their wiring all screwed up. They're attacking a tv chef because of her scarf, that she probably picked up at K-Mart or something. I can see the neo-con robot now going into data overload this summer. They'll use anything to scare the American people into electing McBush.
I guarantee you that it wasn't a conservative in charge of this decision. When you're talking about political correctness at any cost,and cowering before your enemy,you can bet that theres a whole bunch of liberals involved.
Crazy Horse

Washington, DC

#12 May 30, 2008
Billy R wrote:
Wrong, it is the politically correct right wing nutcases that caused this stupidity.

“I was a Grim Reaper”

#14 May 30, 2008
Crazy Horse wrote:
<quoted text> Wrong, it is the politically correct right wing nutcases that caused this stupidity.
Usually,liberals say us Republicans are cruel callous types of people that only care about ourselves and making money. Suddenly,all the liberals say that we Republicans are super sensitive and don't want to offend anyone.Well,which one is it? We can't be both at the same time.
what_the_f

Sebastian, FL

#15 May 30, 2008
This whole thing is SOOOOO ridiculous. And anybody who believes anything Michele Malkin says is, in my opinion, certifiably nuts. How anybody can connect paisley with terrorists is beyond me. What's next? If I wear a houndstooth check will PETA be after me? I mean, let's grow up and get a life, people. And stop reading idiots like Malkin and listening to idiots like Limbaugh and Coulter. Let's worry about things that really matter, like the economy and the price of gas, the housing crisis and the elections. Stop getting sidetracked by stupid stuff like this!

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#16 May 30, 2008
How crazy!!!!
Crazy Horse

Washington, DC

#17 May 30, 2008
Billy R wrote:
<quoted text> Usually,liberals say us Republicans are cruel callous types of people that only care about ourselves and making money. Suddenly,all the liberals say that we Republicans are super sensitive and don't want to offend anyone.Well,which one is it? We can't be both at the same time.
They didn't take down the pic because the repukes were afraid of offending anyone, it was because the repukes had a knee-jerk reaction to a scarf that to them resembled something an occasional terrorist (and many, many non-terrorists) might wear. Terrorists wear pants too. DO I need to start wearing a kilt to work so I don't offend you?

“Text OR drive...can't do both!”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#18 May 30, 2008
I e-mailed Dunkin Donuts to tell them I wasn't buying their coffee anymore because they pulled the ad. I stop...sorry...used to stop for a cup every morning on my way to work.

I am so sick of this PC bulls*it. When are people and companies gonna start standing up for themselves and telling people to deal with it.

The Chicago Tribune ran a poll. Of approx. 12,000 people that responded, 92% were NOT offended by that scarf. So Dunkin' Donuts has really screwed itself here.

“Text OR drive...can't do both!”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#19 May 30, 2008
Bluewater wrote:
Maybe we should ban black and white documents or ban interracial marriages or ban dalmatians or ban the hybrid jews to devil's island but make sure they have Dunkin Donuts with them.
Let's ban Limbaugh and Coulter and send them off to some island. Oh wait, they would probably breed. Nevermind. Bad idea.

“I was a Grim Reaper”

#20 May 30, 2008
Crazy Horse wrote:
<quoted text> They didn't take down the pic because the repukes were afraid of offending anyone, it was because the repukes had a knee-jerk reaction to a scarf that to them resembled something an occasional terrorist (and many, many non-terrorists) might wear. Terrorists wear pants too. DO I need to start wearing a kilt to work so I don't offend you?
Don't forget to shave really good. Terrorists also have beards sometimes..........

“I was a Grim Reaper”

#22 May 30, 2008
Moncie wrote:
I e-mailed Dunkin Donuts to tell them I wasn't buying their coffee anymore because they pulled the ad. I stop...sorry...used to stop for a cup every morning on my way to work.
I am so sick of this PC bulls*it. When are people and companies gonna start standing up for themselves and telling people to deal with it.
The Chicago Tribune ran a poll. Of approx. 12,000 people that responded, 92% were NOT offended by that scarf. So Dunkin' Donuts has really screwed itself here.
Thats the sickening part. They chose to surrender to a small group of lunatics who are intent on forcing their ways on everyone else. What rational person could seriously consider Rachel Ray was sending secret messages to the jihadists? Give me a break.
Republican Sean

Charlton, MA

#23 May 31, 2008
Rachael Ray does strike me as a terrorist sympathizer, and for wearing an outrages scarf like that, its gonna cost her some fans.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Canton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Randal Moller " is a thief " (Feb '14) Mar 22 Worm chaser 10
Review- I Love Kickboxing Randolph (Aug '15) Mar 19 Doreen G 26
Review: iLoveKickboxing - Norwood, MA (Jul '16) Mar 16 NicoleHarrington 28
News Watch: Wild turkeys circle dead cat in bizarre ... Mar 8 Christaliban 6
Seeking Owner of Lost Class Ring (Jan '06) Mar 6 Pierre 563
ILKB - Easton/Stoughton (May '16) Feb '17 krl781 7
News Stoughton sergeant guilty of attempted extortio... (Jul '07) Feb '17 REC-ME2 2,760

Canton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Canton Mortgages