Dunkin' Donuts pulls online Rachel Ra...

Dunkin' Donuts pulls online Rachel Ray ad

There are 39 comments on the Daily Breeze story from May 29, 2008, titled Dunkin' Donuts pulls online Rachel Ray ad. In it, Daily Breeze reports that:

Dunkin' Donuts has pulled an online advertisement featuring Rachael Ray after complaints that a fringed black-and-white scarf that the celebrity chef wore in the ad offers symbolic support for Muslim extremism ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily Breeze.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Chef

Los Angeles, CA

#1 May 29, 2008
Come on, now. I've never been a fan of Rachel Ray but if this isn't a case of people getting offended about absolutely nothing then I don't know what is. People are way way way too easily offended nowadays.
Abstract

United States

#2 May 29, 2008
You never know what's behind her cheesy smile. And you can make a bomb with food, and never expect a thing from her.
disgusted

Torrance, CA

#4 May 29, 2008
dunkin' donuts - you suck! how ridiculous to pull an ad for that reason. i will never get a donut or coffee there again.
Andrew Simon

Santa Ana, CA

#5 May 29, 2008
You're either FOR the fashion police, or you're for the enemy.

I also heard about the 72-year-old grandmother who was caught trying to knit an afghan.
Don Diller

Pasadena, CA

#6 May 29, 2008
Does this mean I can't use the checkered table cloth at Wilson Park for the 4th of July picnic?
James Shortz

Beach Haven, NJ

#7 May 29, 2008
should have never had that chubby broad wearing the terrorishlam scarf in the 1st place
Astonished

Los Angeles, CA

#9 May 29, 2008
So now we have to jump through hoops to find out if we can wear a scarf! What a crock!
Larry Flint, owner and editor of Hustler Magazine showed up in court wearing an American Flag as a diaper and no one said a word! If the ad offends you DON'T LOOK AT IT!

This just proves that the few can make the many dance to their tune.
J Q Citizen

Rancho Palos Verdes, CA

#10 May 29, 2008
Makes us all look like a bunch of frightened ignorant farm animals.
seadeejay

Richmond, VA

#11 May 29, 2008
conservative commentator Michelle Malkin must be nothing short of an idiot. For her to critize something without a thorough investigation just proves that she is definitely in the shallow end of the gene pool.
music

Los Angeles, CA

#12 May 29, 2008
Rachel is OK ! Her critic's are the one with a problem, Paranoia bring out the worst in people. Take some Psychotropic medication and enjoy one one of Rachel's recipe's. Relax ! Have a beer and some rock & roll with your meal.
Steven

United States

#13 May 29, 2008
Since when does a scarf have to politically correct. We have become prisoners in our own country and thats
exactly what the terrorists want. Wake up and smell the roses. I am wearing a scarf to work tomorrow and see how many people thinks its offensive.
jane

United States

#14 May 29, 2008
it looked stupid anyway!

“you're not the boss of me!”

Since: Jan 08

the road less traveled.....

#15 May 29, 2008
I find her annoying, but get real! Stuff like this is so idiotic, there is a whole conspiracy sect running around saying stupid things...To me, it's like the boy that cried 'wolf'. If/when there is some real threat, people will be so burned out from this other sh^t, no one will pay attention.

Fashion cops, yep.
Tiffany

Chino Hills, CA

#16 May 29, 2008
Why do we have to import other culture's jihad crappola to the USA. Like we really give a flying eff.

Dunking Doughnuts you suck.
calguy

Rayville, LA

#17 May 30, 2008
Vote McBush for President or Live in Fear of Terrorists like Rachel Ray. Thank God for Micelle Malkin and God bless FOX News.
Sondance Kidd

Rancho Palos Verdes, CA

#18 May 30, 2008
I've scarfed down her recipes many times with no terrorist ramifications. Except that one time I ate her meatloaf and it felt like a bomb went off in the lower sector...if you know what i mean. I felt like Osama Ben Dover for a couple of days. Thanks a lot Rachel Ray. Now I feel like we should do a background check on the take home chef guy...
LookAtMe

Novato, CA

#19 May 30, 2008
Thank God for the scarf. If you are in my age range you can wear it to hide your turkey waddle and wrinkled neck.
Scotty Budlite

Bellflower, CA

#22 May 30, 2008
This is so ridiculous. We're supposed to be reaching out and understanding our cultural differences, at least that's what my employer says at our mandatory training sessions. Rachel honey, the scarf looks fine. And Dunkin' Donuts, for crying out loud, you gonna let one blow-hard opinion page columnist dictate advertising policy to you? Maybe some of that Sharon Stone bad kharma's going to cause DD stocks to go down. That'll show you!
music

Los Angeles, CA

#23 May 30, 2008
Come to think about it, I always thought terrorists like pizza delivery. Dunkin Donuts C.E.O. is a Un-American Jerk.
omg

United States

#25 May 30, 2008
Leave it to Michelle Malkin to bring this up...That girl is such a right-winged witch.
Leave the little chef girl alone!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Canton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Seeking Owner of Lost Class Ring (Jan '06) Dec 3 Pjaytd1 572
Niko Kampouris Nov 22 Curious Girl 1
Beware Dental Associates of Walpole Nov 17 pmcd404 1
Review: iLoveKickboxing - Norwood, MA (Jul '16) Nov '17 Julianne 31
Review- I Love Kickboxing Randolph (Aug '15) Oct '17 Sweetroez 28
News New development planned for East Milton Sep '17 LoveEastMiltonSq 1
Review: Boston Tae Kwon Do Academy (Jan '14) Jul '17 DistractedGeek 10

Canton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance