Ms. Stratton's Privileges

Ms. Stratton's Privileges

There are 31 comments on the Hartford Courant story from Nov 2, 2008, titled Ms. Stratton's Privileges. In it, Hartford Courant reports that:

State correction officials are wrong to give Jessie G. Stratton special treatment in prison.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hartford Courant.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Good Grief

Waterbury, CT

#23 Nov 3, 2008
Sheepdog wrote:
I still haven't seen the Slurrant's front page story of Senator Dudd now being the center of a Justice Department investigation for his sweetheart mortgage deals.
What's up with that, Slurrant?
My, aren't you a brain-damaged Republitard?
Good Grief

Waterbury, CT

#24 Nov 3, 2008
Sheepdog wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess not, I apologize, my faux pas! Sorry slurrant!
Guess that makes you a moron.
Bill

United States

#27 Nov 4, 2008
Good Grief wrote:
<quoted text>
Abuse of authority isn't noteworthy to you?
You must be a moron. Why don't you stop reading the paper and rely on talk radio for your news? It seems to be all you can handle.
Excellent, intellectual volly. "Good grief" indeed. No, I'm not a moron; just wondering why - if the courant insists that all prisoners are to be treated equally - they chose to pick out Jessie Stratton instead of one of the hundreds of other inmates who have also routinely had rules waived to receive extra visitors. I can only hope that something humiliating and sorrowful happens to you or a member of your family someday - that is, if you even have one.
Politics

Willimantic, CT

#28 Nov 4, 2008
You missed the point. It is not really Stratton who is getting the priveleges, it is the officials who want to visit her. Corrections is kissing up to them. Stratton does not matter to them
Bass Ackwards

Harwinton, CT

#29 Nov 4, 2008
Don't you get it?

JUSTICE means JUST US.
Cause and Effect

Burlington, CT

#31 Nov 4, 2008
Muffy Pitts wrote:
With all the problems in this country, who really cares if some drunk state legislator is getting too many visitors. Honestly. How about focusing on the country's wretched healthcare system, failing economy, lousy schools, crumbling infrastructure, or the fact that the Red Sox did not make it to the World Series this year.
We care because perhaps the reason we have wretched healthcare, a failing economy, lousy schools and a crumbling infrastructure IS BECAUSE of corruption and legislators more interested in helping themselves than their state or country!
disgruntled

New Haven, CT

#32 Nov 4, 2008
how is this an important story. 15 visitors rather than 10? this is a new low. How about praising the people with enough compassion to visit a friend in trouble.
Just a guy

New Haven, CT

#33 Nov 4, 2008
"favors and special privileges"

How many of the incumbents has this newspaper endorsed in the years? Quite a few I would imagine.

A mild rebuke from the Courant.
Lisa

West Hartford, CT

#34 Nov 4, 2008
Agreed. Also, does this mean she loses her license for life???
Bill wrote:
"We sincerely regret Ms. Stratton's circumstances."
Do you think the Courant would give a Republican this kind of sympathetic judgment? No.
This paper makes me sick.
Cancel the Courant.
Muffy Pitts

Somers, CT

#35 Nov 5, 2008
Cause and Effect wrote:
<quoted text>
We care because perhaps the reason we have wretched healthcare, a failing economy, lousy schools and a crumbling infrastructure IS BECAUSE of corruption and legislators more interested in helping themselves than their state or country!
How is preventing Stratton a few extra visitors is going to address the corrupt legislators. Stratton has long since left politics. If the press doesn't focus like a laser beam on the problems facing this country, then the politicians won't do anything. So, again, valuable reporting time and resources should not be wasted on this ex-politician's pathetic situation.
Drunk skunks

Hartford, CT

#36 Nov 5, 2008
What is it about drunks that makes them always want to drive?

I bet she smokes too. Smokers love to smoke, as long as they can blow the smoke away from their own face, and drop the ashes away from their clothes, etc.

Drunks are skunks and when they smoke and drink and drive, they absolutely reek. Why only 4 months?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Canton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review- I Love Kickboxing Randolph (Aug '15) Aug 17 Anonymous 17
Seeking Owner of Lost Class Ring (Jan '06) Aug 12 pam 554
News Classic Italian family cuisine at its very best (Mar '08) Aug 11 Mr Mike Dulude 9
Review: iLoveKickboxing - Norwood, MA Aug 2 Kelly123abc 13
ILKB - Easton/Stoughton Jun '16 mdtanq28 6
Judge Rotenberg Educational Center (Aug '14) Oct '15 fran 4
News On snowed-in roof, give safety highest weight (Mar '15) Mar '15 Jamestheduke21 1

Canton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Canton Mortgages