Mass. may require fast-food calorie c...

Mass. may require fast-food calorie count

There are 5 comments on the WWLP Massachusetts story from Jan 8, 2009, titled Mass. may require fast-food calorie count. In it, WWLP Massachusetts reports that:

That is one of several proposals in a healthy-eating initiative unveiled Thursday that Department of Public Health officials say is needed to combat an obesity epidemic.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WWLP Massachusetts.

Ken

Amherst, MA

#1 Jan 9, 2009
I am not sure if this is a good or bad law. But, if passed why only fast food? Actually I believe everyone already knows that fast food is high in caloric content. What about the other, not considered fast food, establishments? I would bet many of the foods available at these restaurants are extremely high in calories. If it were to pass I would like to see it include all restaurants.
IrishTiger

Longmeadow, MA

#2 Jan 9, 2009
I think everyone should read the books "Eat This, Not That" books and make the decision on what they want to eat. Men's health magazine also had a very interesting article on the best and worst foods in America that surly opened my eyes. They even report on your favorite restaurants and grocery store items. You will be shocked at what you find!!
Enough

Holyoke, MA

#3 Jan 9, 2009
What makes them think that people that eat that crud are counting calories to begin with???
Enough

Holyoke, MA

#4 Jan 9, 2009
It takes personal investigation and education to know and understand what it takes to make one's body properly function. Not all bodies are the same. If you're athletic or work hard for a living, you need more calories and proteins than a person who sits in an office all day. The last thing the fast food industry wants is for people to educate themselves about they're nutritional needs. That would put them out of business.
Enough

Holyoke, MA

#5 Jan 9, 2009
If you think calories are bad...take a look at the sodium in these fast foods. That's the real killer!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Canton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
electricians (Jan '06) Aug 28 Raylin Sutter 10
Review- I Love Kickboxing Randolph Aug 27 Casey 1
News Girl says firefighter raped her (Aug '06) Aug 8 Oflagherty 982
Doink Rules (May '14) Aug 2 Hafaiz Asaad 153
Poll Who should be elected selectman in April? (Jan '08) Jul '15 HBorkin 385
News Celebrate Chanukah in Stoughton (Dec '12) Jul '15 Kundrot dionkie 233
Seeking Owner of Lost Class Ring (Jan '06) Jul '15 Bobby Grayson 542
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Canton Mortgages