Mass. may require fast-food calorie count

Full story: WWLP Massachusetts

That is one of several proposals in a healthy-eating initiative unveiled Thursday that Department of Public Health officials say is needed to combat an obesity epidemic.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 5 of5
Ken

Amherst, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2009

Judged:

I am not sure if this is a good or bad law. But, if passed why only fast food? Actually I believe everyone already knows that fast food is high in caloric content. What about the other, not considered fast food, establishments? I would bet many of the foods available at these restaurants are extremely high in calories. If it were to pass I would like to see it include all restaurants.
IrishTiger

Amherst, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2009

I think everyone should read the books "Eat This, Not That" books and make the decision on what they want to eat. Men's health magazine also had a very interesting article on the best and worst foods in America that surly opened my eyes. They even report on your favorite restaurants and grocery store items. You will be shocked at what you find!!
Enough

South Hadley, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2009

What makes them think that people that eat that crud are counting calories to begin with???
Enough

South Hadley, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2009

It takes personal investigation and education to know and understand what it takes to make one's body properly function. Not all bodies are the same. If you're athletic or work hard for a living, you need more calories and proteins than a person who sits in an office all day. The last thing the fast food industry wants is for people to educate themselves about they're nutritional needs. That would put them out of business.
Enough

South Hadley, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2009

If you think calories are bad...take a look at the sodium in these fast foods. That's the real killer!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 5 of5
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Canton Discussions

Search the Canton Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
MA Who do you support for Governor in Massachusett... (Oct '10) 5 hr Pico 1,144
What do you like best about CW??? (Jul '10) 6 hr Kundrot dionkie 1,274
dionkie blows (Aug '13) 9 hr Truth 312
What is the #1 Walsh Accomplishment (Jan '10) 9 hr Kundrot dionkie 478
What do you like about Shades?? (Apr '13) 12 hr Great News 329
Doink Rules 12 hr West Street Wiseguy 70
Doink (Feb '10) 12 hr West Street Wiseguy 785
•••
•••